KITAS sponsored by the Indonesian spouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KITAS for Foreigner married w Indonesian

I read with great interest the information you gave. Unfortunately they are mostly about Jakarta. Would you please so kind, telling me, how it goes here in Bali. I am Austrian, married with Balinese in Australia and living now in East Bali (Karangasem) - Immigration Office is Singaraja. At the presence I am on a pensiun KITAS,(coming in April No. V) but it costs every year around 6 Mio + the Multiple Exit Entry Permits...and I am tired of this agent. Thanks a lot for infrmation.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Michael Beer View Post
      I read with great interest the information you gave. Unfortunately they are mostly about Jakarta. Would you please so kind, telling me, how it goes here in Bali. I am Austrian, married with Balinese in Australia and living now in East Bali (Karangasem) - Immigration Office is Singaraja. At the presence I am on a pensiun KITAS,(coming in April No. V) but it costs every year around 6 Mio + the Multiple Exit Entry Permits...and I am tired of this agent. Thanks a lot for infrmation.
      Bali, Jakarta or Manado, where I live have the exact same legal regulation. the amoun t asked may vary but the legal fees are the same: IDR 700.000 for a 1 year KITAS. The infos I gave are valid for ALL Indonesia, not only for one province or another. Obviously agents have different fees but the standard legal fees are always the same. Follow the procedure and do it yourself, this is by far the cheapest way to do it.
      Wish you good luck.
      Last edited by atlantis; 02-05-12, 04:43.

Comment

Hi
        while getting the documents for the kitas ready, one requirement is a bank statement of my sponsor [my wife]. What is the minimum amount of money that should be in the account?
        thx [again]
        Last edited by irfan; 14-01-09, 19:39.

Comment

Originally posted by irfan View Post
          Hi
          while getting the documents for the kitas ready, one requirement is a bank statement of my sponsor [my wife]. What is the minimum amount of money that should be in the account?
          thx [again]
          No minimum is required by law. However, it would be wise to have a minimum of 10 to 20 millions rupiah to my opinion, in order to avoid any attempt of anyone saying that she "does not have enough"...

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis View Post
            No minimum is required by law. However, it would be wise to have a minimum of 10 to 20 millions rupiah to my opinion, in order to avoid any attempt of anyone saying that she "does not have enough"...
            thx mate
            i set u a private msg with a few other questions (i'm sorry) I would really appreciate if you could shed some light on those issues that i have raised
            thx a MILLION
            UR A STAR!

Comment

Oh guru of imagrassi law!! [ATLANTIS] Hi. i have recently got married here in Jakarta. I went to see a guy at imagrassi and he said, that I need the British consulate, to certify the marriage and is part of the documents submitted for kitas. Is this true?
              2- what are the requirements for the bank statement. how much money should be showing in the account?
              3-I was trying to look for the link where u have posted a format for the 'demand' letter?
              I dont think there is a country in the world that has such a complicated system!! I laughed alound to learn that i cannot work here even though as a husband it is my duty to provide for the family!!
              Take care
              and keep up the good work

Comment

Hi Al Gray,
                I will try to answer today to your PM, though it is much easier for me to answer to posts rather than to PM. Having been away for about 3 months my PM box got full quite a few times. It can hold only a maximum of 50 messages at a time and when the number of 50 is exceeded, subsequent PM got lost. I've tried to transfer and save in my email box most of the PM I received during the time I was in Europe, and try to answer to them now that I have a bit more time. However, I also have family and business obligations here so I try to make a balance

Comment

Originally posted by Al.Gray
                  We posted my KITAS application to Kantor Ditgen Imigrasi Jakarta over two weeks ago by Tiki, but for the last week, have been trying, without hardly any success to find out the progress or whereabouts of it.
                  My wife's friend at a different immigration office in Jakarta informed us Pak Hari Masono would be the one dealing with it there. So, without too much forethought, I put his name on the top of the envelope before sending it off. Many people had said that it's better to bring it there in person, but you know what I'm like about not wanting to deal with corrupt officials face-to-face, as well as long journey's and travel expenses. So really, I just took your words for it that it'd be ok to post it.
                  We've since discovered that this Pak Hari Marsono is, in fact, head of immigration in there; so, putting his name on the top of the envelope is probably no guarantee he'd be the one who receives it there. I'd asked you a couple of times if there was a definitively trustable individual in Kantor Ditjen Jakarta, but I suppose you've too busy or don't know?
                  The phone numbers I have for there are 021-5224658/ext 2522 and 021-5225030. For these numbers, there is either no reply, or they don't feel enak asking the 'boss'. Do you have any airtight suggestions or advice for us to find out what's going on with my application, hopefully without the necessity of going to Jakarta, and before my current SosBud is at an end again and can't extend it?
                  1. Posting the thing by Tiki is OK as long as the address you have send it is OK. It should be addressed to:
                  Direktorat Jenderal Imigrasi
                  c/o Direktorat Izin tinggal dan Status Keimigrasian
                  Jalan H.R Rasuna Said
                  Kavling 8/9 Kuningan
                  JAKARTA

2. Pak Hari MARSONO is NOT "head of immigration". Bapak Direktur Jenderal Imigrasi is Drs. Basyir Ahmad BARMAWI. However Pak Hari MARSONO is the actual Bapak Direktur Izin Tinggal dan Status Keimigrasian. The Sub-Direktorat Alih Status Keimigrasian being a part of the Direktorat Izin Tinggal dan Status Keimigrasian, it is no problem that you have put his name as the receiver. However, I do not avise to anyone the put a name on an envelop. Better to stay general. If the guy is sick, has been removed or is on vacation you just delay the thing.

3. I am afraid that you are hoping too much if you hope to avoid a trip to Jakarta. Really, Al Gray, don't think that posting the thing will get you away with all problems. You may send it by Tiki... but don't even dream that they will sent it back to you the same way ! Nothing in the law force them to do so (just read at the laws I fowarded you). You will have no other choice than going there to pick it up if they decide not to send it to your KanIm.
                  You have gone through a few steps (and certainly the most "painful") but it's not over. If you just wait at home, time's gonna pass and you will soon reach the deadline of your SosBud. Check with your KanIm if they did not receive it from the DitJen, but if they don't, you will have to go (better your wife, they won't deal with you) to pick it up. Saving money at this point would be a mistake. Alternatively your wife can sign a Surat Kuasa to anyone to pick it up. The worst would be that they send it by the Kantor Pos. A week ago I received an official letter from Mahkamah Agung posted... December the 2nd!!!

4. The phone number of the DitJen is indeed 021-5224658. Not sure about the extension that you should ask for but anything starting by 25 sounds OK to me because it leads to the 5th floor of the building which is the floor of the Sub-Direktorat Alih Status Keimigrasian (this is the office you should ask).

5. Any trustable individual in there? Was that intended to be a joke? IMHO they are often much better than in local KanIm but don't go to fast to reach conclusions

Hope that it answered to your PM.
                  Last edited by atlantis; 27-03-09, 12:01. Reason: typo "the worst"

Comment

Dear Olivier,
                    Thanks for your detailed reply, just unfortunate for us, finding all that out now, as you'd be otherwise occupied.
                    As a matter of fact, we have had a piece of luck since sending you that prior private message. One morning, I did manage to get through to the right department, and after my wife chatted to the pejabat, arranged to meet him there.
                    That was 10 days ago. She's now already just back,with the letter, a little delayed due to the office being closed for the Chinese New Year holiday.
                    Our pejabat 'friend' here, maybe disappointed we hadn't taken up his offer to 'help' us for Rp.6million, had told us, to get the letter ourselves from Jakarta, we'd be expected to pay something in the region of 4 to 5 million (one of the things I'd been keen to avoid).
                    Strangely enough, although I was quite sure my application had already been lost or stuck in some corner, gathering dust , under a stack of similar applications, all credit to my wife, she met our new pejabat 'friend' in Jakarta, and with a token payment for his help, locating our application, and arranging a quick production of the letter, she was back with said letter and a smile on her pretty face. Alhamdulilah!
                    But wait, it only gets better. Two days ago, we took the letter to submit to Kantor Kanwil Jogja ourselves. We'd never been there, but upon arriving inside, were surprised to meet my wife's Uncle, we learnt, is the 'Adjudant ke KanwIl', and whose wife works in Kantor Imigrasi here (all news to us).
                    So, all in all, it looks like this quest is almost at an end, and maybe all the praying paid off. Feels like a great weight has been lifted.
                    I can only thank you Olivier, along with my wife, for all your valuable help and support in this matter, and wish you and your family all the best, now and in the future.

Cheers,
                    AEG

Now to deal with Indotom.......
                    Last edited by Al.Gray; 31-01-09, 20:07. Reason: Snip

Comment

Originally posted by Al.Gray View Post
                      Dear Olivier,
                      Thanks for your detailed reply, just unfortunate for us, finding all that out now, as you'd be otherwise occupied.
                      As a matter of fact, we have had a piece of luck since sending you that prior private message. One morning, I did manage to get through to the right department, and after my wife chatted to the pejabat, arranged to meet him there.
                      That was 10 days ago. She's now already just back,with the letter, a little delayed due to the office being closed for the Chinese New Year holiday.
                      Our pejabat 'friend' here, maybe disappointed we hadn't taken up his offer to 'help' us for Rp.6million, had told us, to get the letter ourselves from Jakarta, we'd be expected to pay something in the region of 4 to 5 million (one of the things I'd been keen to avoid).
                      Strangely enough, although I was quite sure my application had already been lost or stuck in some corner, gathering dust , under a stack of similar applications, all credit to my wife, she met our new pejabat 'friend' in Jakarta, and with a token payment for his help, locating our application, and arranging a quick production of the letter, she was back with said letter and a smile on her pretty face. Alhamdulilah!
                      But wait, it only gets better. Two days ago, we took the letter to submit to Kantor Kanwil Jogja ourselves. We'd never been there, but upon arriving inside, were surprised to meet my wife's Uncle, we learnt, is the 'Adjudant ke KanwIl', and whose wife works in Kantor Imigrasi here (all news to us).
                      So, all in all, it looks like this quest is almost at an end, and maybe all the praying paid off. Feels like a great weight has been lifted.
                      I can only thank you Olivier, along with my wife, for all your valuable help and support in this matter, and wish you and your family all the best, now and in the future.

Cheers,
                      AEG

Now to deal with Indotom.......
                      Glad to read all of that. FYI, DitJen "never" looses files. They just need to have from time to time a reminder to "dig" it from the pile.
                      May I suggest you to post here the extension number and the name of the guy your wife met at the DitJen. It may be of help for users that would be in the pretty much same situation than you.
                      Remenber that you will still have to do a SKLD and a SKTT upon receiving your KITAS. remenber also that you will have to start the renewal processing at least 30 days before the expiration of the KITAS. Do not forget to apply for a MERP (Multiple exit/re-entry permit). If you browse through the laws I forwarded you and the thread here you should find the path for a DIY procedure. If in need, post here if it has a direct link to the thread, or create a new thread. It is much easier for me to answer to post and it is also much more interesting for users to read the answer from many different users, not only me. From know, I think you are gonna be able to answer yourself to quite a few question concerning the transformation of a sosbud in a Kitas, aren't you ?

Comment

Glad to read all of that. FYI, DitJen "never" looses files. They just need to have from time to time a reminder to "dig" it from the pile.
                        May I suggest you to post here the extension number and the name of the guy your wife met at the DitJen. It may be of help for users that would be in the pretty much same situation than you.
                        Remenber that you will still have to do a SKLD and a SKTT upon receiving your KITAS. remenber also that you will have to start the renewal processing at least 30 days before the expiration of the KITAS. Do not forget to apply for a MERP (Multiple exit/re-entry permit). If you browse through the laws I forwarded you and the thread here you should find the path for a DIY procedure. If in need, post here if it has a direct link to the thread, or create a new thread. It is much easier for me to answer to post and it is also much more interesting for users to read the answer from many different users, not only me. From know, I think you are gonna be able to answer yourself to quite a few question concerning the transformation of a sosbud in a Kitas, aren't you? )
                        Wow! I'm sure I was up half of last night and wrote more than that on here - or was it all a dream? I've always campaigned against censorship

The main problem we found with DitJen was actually being lucky enough to find someone there at the right time to answer our call, who was in a position and willing to help us quickly..It took us over two weeks, calling every day, to find him (or was it a 'her' - who knows, I forget, sorry. ) Feeling, for so many days, we were banging our heads against a proverbial brick wall did our marital relations no favours during that time either.

That's a nice suggestion, but unfortunately, our 'friend' there surely doesn't need their name handphone number and activity posted in a public forum, and probably wouldn't feel like helping even us anymore if we were to divulge that (my wife very laughing here, hearing your suggestion, sorry hehe). I'm sure you understand.
                        Besides, my wife is now considering the possibility of working, in some capacity, as a Visa agent or intermediary, then try to make a few extra sheckels doing that. Going on some of the prices some of the agents charge,undercutting them shouldn't be a problem..
                        Yes, thanks, now we are in a position to answer others' questions and concerns, but you already do it so well Olivier, we wouldn't want to risk posting inaccurate information in a public forum. If we write too much, it might be somehow misinterpreted or 'lost' in translation, kan?

Again, thanks.

AEG

Comment

20. In the same time, you have to go to the Catatan Sipil to get a SKTT (Surat Keterangan Tempat Tinggal). Be careful you have 14 days to do so after the date of issuance of the KITAS (Pasal 20, undang undang 23 tahun 2006 tentang Administrasi Kependudukan). Failure to do so in time would expose you to a fine of a maximum of IDR 2.000K (Pasal 89, undang undang 23 tahun 2006 tentang Administrasi Kependudukan). The SKTT is valid for the length of the KITAS.
                          21. Your next move will be to go to the Departemen Pajak to get a NPWP, the husband's personal tax number...
                          Does he still need a NPWP ? I thought since the wife who sponsor/supports him, she can make a statement letter explaning that her hubby is her responsibility. (copy of her NPWP or statement letter)

Comment

Additional question and I hope Atlantis is on "duty": I have been on KITAS Pensium for 4 years, so far, pay a lot of money to the agency they told me is allowed to do the Pensiun Kitas, pay for Multiple exit reentry permit ecc.
                            question: Can my Indonesian wife sponsor the KITAS Pensiun?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Michael Beer View Post
                              Additional question and I hope Atlantis is on "duty": I have been on KITAS Pensium for 4 years, so far, pay a lot of money to the agency they told me is allowed to do the Pensiun Kitas, pay for Multiple exit reentry permit ecc.
                              question: Can my Indonesian wife sponsor the KITAS Pensiun?
                              Much much easier: she can sponsor you for a KITAS ikut istri. No requirements apart from being legally married under Indonesian law and being able to support you financially for the length of the KITAS. Apply directly with her in your local KanIm and chances are that you will do the whole thing for the real cost of it: IDR 700.000

Comment

Hope you forgive my ignorance. Just few questions more:
                                1. Can you exactly quote the law (number, date, name) for the Kitas istri please
                                2. If I get sponsored by my wife and want to go abroad, do I need this Multiple exit-reentry permit?
                                3. How often I must renew this kind of KITAS?
                                5. When does it become permanent, meaning not longer to be extended?
                                Thanks a lot and...

Comment

Working...
                                X