KITAS sponsored by the Indonesian spouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by atlantis View Post
    Though it is possible, my experience tells me that Imigrasi will do as much as they can to force you to EPO your KITAS, do a visa run and return with a VITAS prealably approved by DitJenIm. If you want to change the sponsorship of your ITAS from a company to your wife, be ready to fight for it and be asked for bribes. Most immigration officer you would meet would either tell you that it is impossible or that it costs a lot (which is wrong, it's free). Anyway, the change of sponsorship will require you to go yourself to the KanIm, to the KanWil and to the DitJenIm. If you live in JKT, this is still affordable. If you don't, considering a visa run may be cheaper/faster. You also have to consider that a change of sponsor doesn't mean a new KITAS valid for 1 year, but a KITAS valid for the remaining time of the existing one (remember, it's free and it's just a modification of the existing one). Therefore, if only a few months remain in your current KITAS, the change of sponsor may not be that wise. Only you can calculate it.
    When I processed my alih sponsor my lokal kanim showed me the law book which does not mention alih sponsor from company to istri sponsor but after a call to the ditjen they said that was ok to change from company to wife sponsor even though it does not specifically state it in the rules the imigrasi staff in Jakarta realise that it should be in the rules.

They had to ring my kanim before my kanim would accept my application. (I should add that this was several phone calls and having to call again to Jakarta when the lokal kanim did not belive what Jakarta had said) After the lokal kanim accepted the alih sponsor application it was basically the normal process for a new kitas. Both Jakarta and my lokal kanim stated that this would now be my first kitas (kitas number 1) with the letter from Jakarta authorising the kanwil for the extensions. When the process had finished I had a new kitas (number 1) valid for 12 months. I made the standard payment for a one year kitas after the process was complete.

I personally took the letter to kanwil and Jakarta but found that I did not need to be there.

I do not know if this is the correct process but that is how my alih sponsor was processed. I do know of another person that alih sponsor from company to wife and they did not have their kitas reset to number 1 kitas.

.....I also required the letter from the company that I worked for stating that they agree to my terminate my current kitas.
    Last edited by blitarbule; 19-10-11, 11:01.

Comment

• FYI, I'm currently struggling with the alih sponsor and, as Atlantis has said, they're working mighty hard to force me into an EPO. I FINALLY got ahold of someone today at DitJenIm and she talked to the jerks, but they're still going to try and make it difficult. PLUS, now I have to register my marriage at the US Embassy and get a letter stating I've registered (which they don't actually do, but maybe there's some sort of alternative)...

Just so you know, you cannot trust the immigration officers to research this for you - they just won't unless you get DitJenIm to breathe down their necks. I spoke to a Mrs. Endang at x2500 at DitJenIm today... DitJenIm's number (hunting) is 0215224658. Have fun trying to get someone.

Good luck!
      Glenn
      I'm not arrogant or a know-it-all - I'm over-eager to help & not very good at writing humbly. Verify my answers!

Comment

• Originally posted by ReveurGAM View Post
        FYI, I'm currently struggling with the alih sponsor and, as Atlantis has said, they're working mighty hard to force me into an EPO. I FINALLY got ahold of someone today at DitJenIm and she talked to the jerks, but they're still going to try and make it difficult. PLUS, now I have to register my marriage at the US Embassy and get a letter stating I've registered (which they don't actually do, but maybe there's some sort of alternative)...
        In the end my process turned out to be a lot more expensive compared to just processing an EPO. I was also told an EPO is the only way. It was just that I wanted to alih aponsor instead and thought it would be cheaper..and in the end I did enjoy a little satisfaction on finishing the process but not with out headaches.

The letter from your embassy sounds like the same letter needed for the convertion to kitap. My embassy has only just started to issue them aswell. If you explain the situation to the embassy and inform them that you will not be the last person requiring the letter they might be able to make you some type of document.

The document they gave to me just confirmed that I stated in a stat dec that I was married in Indonesia and that they have seen that I have stated it. My embassy will still not record my marriage in my country from the letter.

Just so you know, you cannot trust the immigration officers to research this for you - they just won't unless you get DitJenIm to breathe down their necks. I spoke to a Mrs. Endang at x2500 at DitJenIm today... DitJenIm's number (hunting) is 0215224658. Have fun trying to get someone.

Good luck!
        Glenn

I am not sure about other people experience but it took a couple of days ringing frequently through each day for somebody to answer the phone. I have sent a PM with a couple of numbers that might be helpful but could also be out of date by now.

I know it can be fustrating. Just be patient with them and try to stay calm.

Comment

• Originally posted by IOOR777
          It seems to be a very complicated issue.....
          I can see that this is your first contribution....so welcome.
          I suggest, however, that you read many of the posts that are available here on the tricky issue of Visas etc. in Indonesia.
          It is ALL complicated.
          If you have a contribution about your problem, or an answer to others that may be helpful, then don't be shy to post!

Comment

• Atlantis and Marcus I hope you don't mind I shared some of this great info on another page.Here's the link:http://www.expatforum.com/expats/ind...tml#post632121

Comment

• I think that you can use anything I wrote , but please don't relate it to my name unless you put a link to my original post . This because I revise what I wrote , from time to time , and of course I cannot do it in your posts .
              Last edited by marcus; 22-10-11, 17:36.

Comment

• Originally posted by tribeone View Post
                Atlantis and Marcus I hope you don't mind I shared some of this great info on another page.Here's the link:http://www.expatforum.com/expats/ind...tml#post632121
                No problem for me too, as long as you give credit, which is what you have done. Including a link to the forum would be appreciated and could be useful for some of these expats looking for more informations.

Comment

• "Kanwil" = Kanwil MenKumHAM?

Was wondering if anyone can help me out a bit here...

So i got a phone call from KanIm to tell me that my husband's document is ready to be picked up and brought to KanWil (i.e. step 6-7 in the OP). We live in Tangerang, so the Kantor Wilayah is in Serang. I tried googling the address for Kanwil Imigrasi Banten and/or Serang, but it seems that i keep getting results for Kantor Wilayah Kementrian Hukum dan HAM (MenKumHAM) instead of Kantor Wilayah Imigrasi. My understanding is that DirJen Imigrasi runs under MenKumHAM, but i'm not sure if the Kanwil MenKumHAM is the office i'm supposed to bring the document to. Is it? And if not, can anyone point me in the right direction? Is there a website that has all the addresses of Kantor Imigrasi (KanWil & KanIm alike)? The Dirjen Imigrasi website is completely worthless unless you are simply interested in the latest kantor opening ceremony or 17 Agustus celebration at the Kantor Dirjen...
                  Last edited by cgksfo; 23-10-11, 22:47.
                  "There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want."
                  -Bill Watterson

Comment

• It should be that one. If you have a look at the service provided, it includes temporary stay permit.

http://banten.kemenkumham.go.id/

Also please refer to Atlantis' post #6 on this page

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...-documentation
                    [COLOR="navy"]Leave the gun, take the cannoli[/COLOR] - The Godfather

Comment

• BlitarBule: Thanks! I tried to give you good rep, but the system won't let me.

Davita: I tried giving you good rep, too. There are a growing number of users to whom I can't give rep.

cgksfo: Yes, the kantor wilayah is the one for hukum and ham. They're boss, to my knowledge, is DirJenIm aka DitJenIm.

Glenn
                      I'm not arrogant or a know-it-all - I'm over-eager to help & not very good at writing humbly. Verify my answers!

Comment

• Try giving me some. If it doesn't work then it should be reported.

Comment

Yes, the kantor wilayah is the one for hukum and ham. They're boss, to my knowledge, is DirJenIm aka DitJenIm.
                          No. KanWil and the DitJenIm work together but that's it. KanWil control on the field the job done by the KanIm, but also the job done by the penitentiary administration for example, or the socialization of laws on the field (not only immigration laws and regs, but ALL laws) . It's directly contolled by the Minister of Justice and Human Rights. The official name should be KanWil Kemenkumham RI rather than KanWil only.

More about it: http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...l=1#post163022

Comment

• Originally posted by nickie View Post
                            It should be that one. If you have a look at the service provided, it includes temporary stay permit.

http://banten.kemenkumham.go.id/
                            Ah, thank you kind sir. I somehow never even made it to the provincial kemenkumham website.

Originally posted by nickie View Post
                            Also please refer to Atlantis' post #6 on this page

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...-documentation
                            That would have been really useful, indeed. Can we make that a sticky post?
                            -Bill Watterson

Comment

cgksfo: Yes, the kantor wilayah is the one for hukum and ham. They're boss, to my knowledge, is DirJenIm aka DitJenIm.

Glenn
                              Originally posted by atlantis View Post
                              No. KanWil and the DitJenIm work together but that's it. KanWil control on the field the job done by the KanIm, but also the job done by the penitentiary administration for example, or the socialization of laws on the field (not only immigration laws and regs, but ALL laws) . It's directly contolled by the Minister of Justice and Human Rights. The official name should be KanWil Kemenkumham RI rather than KanWil only.

More about it: http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...l=1#post163022
                              Thanks for clarifying all that.

Unbelievable as it may seem, I managed to pick up the document first thing in the morning from KanIm, deliver it to KanWil, and receive the KanWil recommendation letter all in the same day. Unfortunately i did not inspect the letter upon receiving it, and realized later that they had the wrong address written for me. **D'uh** Fortunately, the guy at KanIm (i know his name but still for the life of me can't remember his official title) informed me that we won't need to make the drive back to Serang; he'd just phone it in and have the KanWil deliver a new rec letter to be picked up at the KanIm. A short delay, but at least with not much of a hassle...
                              -Bill Watterson

Comment

• Originally posted by cgksfo View Post
                                That would have been really useful, indeed. Can we make that a sticky post?
                                Erm... It's already a sticky post.

Comment

Working...
                                X