No announcement yet.

KITAS sponsored by the Indonesian spouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you had to sign and arrived the next day , I think they sent it by express registered mail service .
    In my case , they asked us if we wanted them to send it by post but added that it could take one week to arrive (only 180 km. distance) , meaning they would use the cheapest mail service , the one Indonesia Post call as normal/biasa .
    Last edited by marcus; 18-07-11, 10:49.

Comment

• What I meant Marcus was that when the letter arrived (that was a normal pos mail) i only signed an acknowledgement that I received it and I did not have to pay anything... I thought that it would be that fast though since we are only here in Bandung..

Comment

• Ken33th, no doubt things can be done through the post - my SKLD will be sent by Polda Bandung to me here in Cibubur because I do not want an unnecessary trip to Bandung just to pick it up, enough three 360km round trips! Plus the shopping penalty incurred by the wife in the retail outlets on Jalan Riau.

dont forget your process with Catatan Sipil Polres and Polda for SKTT STM (revised) and SKLD.

The one change I would like to see is all the process to be centralized through one Unit such as Wilayah and not have to keep going here and there to achieve the goal of the Kitas.

Comment

• Your right Mrcibubur... You are right about the penalty though... that is always big when it hits you...hahah

I thought was going already to the Police Resort..but unfortunately the KanIm here is so slow (Actually the process is always okay except for the KanIm part..it seems they want to take their time and wait for something...).. Last time he said that it would be done by now... as we went there this p.m. my passport was not yet given as my blue book was not yet done..he said to text him tomorrow before i go back so I would not waste my time going back there though... well better wait than let them have a pleasure of getting what they really want to make it faster.. lol..

Comment

• I only got as far as page three of this thread before losing the will to live
            Last edited by NotttheJakartaPost; 13-08-11, 18:00.

Comment

• My husband is an American. We are staying in USA now and planning to move and stay in Indonesia. He never has a Sosbud visa. How to get an easier procedure to get him a KITAS? and how long does it take usually?

Comment

• If you're not an Indonesian, your husband needs to find a company that is willing to sponsor him. If you're an Indonesian, your husband can be sponsored by you. As it has been said on the forum, best if he comes with sosbud and then apply for a KITAS once he arrived in Indonesia, the process takes 1-2 months roughly. I would suggest you to browse around to find more related information regarding sosbud visa.
                [COLOR="navy"]Leave the gun, take the cannoli[/COLOR] - The Godfather

Comment

• Originally posted by atlantis View Post
                  . The actual kepala subdirektorat alih status keimigrasian in the DitJenIm is pak Eko Kusprianto, MH, SH
                  How do I contact this person? Today, my wife spoke to Immigration about the alih status of my KITAS to her, and they said they'd never heard of it - they were recommending the ole trip out of the country. I'm afraid I'm going to have problems.

Glenn
                  I'm not arrogant or a know-it-all - I'm over-eager to help & not very good at writing humbly. Verify my answers!

Comment

• Originally posted by ReveurGAM View Post
                    How do I contact this person?
                    The procedure you are looking for is called alih sponsor. Pak Eko has nothing to do with it. He is in charge of alih status. Alih sponsor are dealt, if I remember well, by a subseksi of the seksi izin tinggal terbatas in the direktorat izin tinggal dans status keimigrasian. 5 or 6 years ago,while visiting the DitJenIm for my sons KITAS I was talking with an immigration officer and asked him about the seksi dealing with alih sponsor. He show me a desk. Behind the desk, a fat guy was apparently sleeping (really, no kiding). I guess that the sub-seksi alih sponsor is not that busy. Anyway, it's at the same floor (fifth) than the subdirektorat alih status keimigrasian.

When you will have changed your sponsorship (company to your wife) then you will be able to go from ITAS to ITAP and deal with Pak Eko's staff.

Originally posted by ReveurGAM View Post
                    Today, my wife spoke to Immigration about the alih status of my KITAS to her, and they said they'd never heard of it
                    If she has asked for "alih status of your KITAS to her" she must have confused them. Again, it ain't an alih status that you require from what I read but alih sponsor. I've written in a few threads that though alih sponsor is technically possible, Imigrasi won't be interested to deal with it: it's a free procedure. You just change the sponsor, keeping the same KITAS with the same validity but just modifying the name of the sponsor. A lot of work for no benefit. The procedure involves the KanIm, the KanWil and the DitJenIm but doesn't trigger any fee. Just a stamp on the buku POA at the end and a KITAS re-issuance.
                    I am definitively not surprised by their reaction.

Comment

• Originally posted by atlantis View Post
                      The procedure you are looking for is called alih sponsor. Pak Eko has nothing to do with it. He is in charge of alih status. Alih sponsor are dealt, if I remember well, by a subseksi of the seksi izin tinggal terbatas in the direktorat izin tinggal dans status keimigrasian. 5 or 6 years ago,while visiting the DitJenIm for my sons KITAS I was talking with an immigration officer and asked him about the seksi dealing with alih sponsor. He show me a desk. Behind the desk, a fat guy was apparently sleeping (really, no kiding). I guess that the sub-seksi alih sponsor is not that busy. Anyway, it's at the same floor (fifth) than the subdirektorat alih status keimigrasian.

When you will have changed your sponsorship (company to your wife) then you will be able to go from ITAS to ITAP and deal with Pak Eko's staff.

If she has asked for "alih status of your KITAS to her" she must have confused them. Again, it ain't an alih status that you require from what I read but alih sponsor. I've written in a few threads that though alih sponsor is technically possible, Imigrasi won't be interested to deal with it: it's a free procedure. You just change the sponsor, keeping the same KITAS with the same validity but just modifying the name of the sponsor. A lot of work for no benefit. The procedure involves the KanIm, the KanWil and the DitJenIm but doesn't trigger any fee. Just a stamp on the buku POA at the end and a KITAS re-issuance.
                      I am definitively not surprised by their reaction.
                      I'm sorry, I don't know WHY I keep writing alih status when I mean alih sponsor. Sorry for the error.

So, alih sponsor is possible and the guy is sleeping for decades without work to do (poor slob), how do I give him some work? What I mean is, how can I ensure that KanIm will process my alih sponsor from company to wife?

Thanks,
                      Glenn
                      I'm not arrogant or a know-it-all - I'm over-eager to help & not very good at writing humbly. Verify my answers!

Comment

• My wife is a citizen of Indonesia. I am a citizen of Ukraine. I had socio-cultural Indonesian visa from Indonesian embassy in Ukraine since 15 July 2011. I had arrived to Indonesia on 4 August 2011 for the first time in my life. My Indonesian wife applied for my VITAS in Indonesia in August of 2011. My wife gave me a sponsoring letter.
                        I have got my VITAS in Indonesian embassy in Kuala Lumpur on 28 September of 2011.
                        I have reported myself to Tangerang immigration office (my wife is officially registered in Tangerang) on 29 September 2011 and applied for KITAS. I was told to be back to Tangerang immigration office on 4 October 2011 to pay money, to have an interview, etc.
                        What documents and evidence should I provide to Indonesian immigration 4 October 2011 to get KITAS?
                        Do I need to present my CV, to prove that I am a valuable professional for Indonesia, etc.?
                        If I am granted KITAS, can I teach for money, can I open my own business?
                        If a company wants to employ me, what should be the procedure?

Comment

• Originally posted by mike4july1972 View Post
                          (1)... I was told to be back to Tangerang immigration office on 4 October 2011 to pay money, to have an interview, etc.

(2) What documents and evidence should I provide to Indonesian immigration 4 October 2011 to get KITAS?

(3) Do I need to present my CV, to prove that I am a valuable professional for Indonesia, etc.?

(4) If I am granted KITAS, can I teach for money, can I open my own business?

(5) If a company wants to employ me, what should be the procedure?
                          (1) See a similar case at http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...780#post195780 .

My feeling is that you talked to a wrong immigration officer . The only immigration officer you should talk to in the first time is the one designated at the "ITAS & ITAP , ITAS & ITAP Perpanjangan" counter .
                          I don't have a real experience with a VITAS > KITAS process , but with the Sosbud extension and Sosbud > KITAS processes , I never had an interview and paid anything at the beginning . I only paid at the end , when all were approved except the final signature in the passport . Anyway , if you are requested to pay , ask for the payment paper , normally computer printed , sometimes called "Persetujuan Permintaan" (Approval Request) or "Tanda Terima Permohonan" (Receipt Request) and only pay it at the cashier desk/room , where you will receive a (normally) computer printed receipt (Tanda Terima) with all the details : your name , process type , date , cost of each service ,..

The first step is always fill up forms and with all required documents , apply for the service at the counter mentioned above . The process is probably in this order :
                          VITAS request at Jakarta's main immigration office > VITAS at an Embassy > city's immigration office > province's immigration office > city's immigration office (when payment is requested , some few days before your last visit to get your passport , KITAS and "blue book) .

(2) Copy of : your marriage certificate , passport , wife's KTP , sponsor letter ,...(see reference given in (1) above .

(3) Normally no .

(4) Just now you cannot work . Maybe in 10 months time you can (a new work regulation is to be issued in a near future) .
                          Yes you can open a business . If in your name , it must be a PT PMA type (called just PMA) .

http://www.expat.or.id/business/business.html
                          http://203.77.237.21/einvest/mekanisme1.htm (BKOM : one roof service for PMA)
                          http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...ast-food-place , post no.3 , (business type allowed by foreigners)

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...oreign-Company
                          http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...irectors-Kitas

(5) Normally the company provides you the necessary documents to work : work permit + KITAS sponsored by the company .
                          Last edited by marcus; 06-10-11, 22:08.

Comment

• Hi everyone,
                            Hope you are all fine and not having trouble with your visas. Can someone please give me an update on the KITAS sponsored by an Indonesian wife to her husband, Is it legal to work on that KITAS yet?

Thanks....

Comment

• There is no update on it and no not yet.

Comment

• Pimpin is correct and, if you would read the thread, you'll see that your questions have already been answered. I'm not trying to be snotty - the point I'm making here is that it's been clearly stated that there's not likely to be any change until May next year, when the governmental procedures have been created by the relevant ministries. It could be later than May, as Atlantis has pointed out.

If something does change before May, have no doubt someone will post about it here. Be patient....

Glenn

Comment

Working...
                                X