Medical/Health Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical/Health Insurance

We are getting closer to actually making the move to retire in Indonesia. We still have to sell our house here in Texas, but we've gotten rid of a lot of "stuff" collected over nearly 30 years on our small farm.

Hopefully, the visa situation in Indonesia will settle down soon. Speaking with Ratna at Rami Formalities, she seems to think by next year we should be able to emigrate from US to Indonesia (yes, I read the thread about no more Retirement Visa).

One of the requirements we have to meet is to have health insurance coverage. Our currrent Medicare coverage will not be usable outside the US.

Can anyone make suggestions where to obtain such insurance and what they might cost?

?

Originally posted by sitabrothers View Post
    (1) One of the requirements we have to meet is to have health insurance coverage...

(2) Can anyone make suggestions where to obtain such insurance

(3) and what they might cost?

(1) As far as I know there is no Indonesian Visa/Residence Permit that requires it .

(2) Anyway , if you still want insurance , there are many international and Indonesian insurance companies in Indonesia , just search the internet for something like : asuransi kecehatan di (city) , or just ask your nearest bank - many Indonesian based banks also offer insurance plans .

(3) Unfortunately health insurance cost a lot more for older people and many insurers even don't offer any health insurance plan for people older than around 65 year old .
    See an example of a low cost health insurance here : https://www.livinginindonesiaforum.o...etirement-visa

https://www.livinginindonesiaforum.o...rance-provider (about insurance)

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...rance-cost  (about insurance)

http://www.expat.or.id/medical/medicalinsurance.html (medical insurance)

Comment

Thank you Marcus, on the Embasssy e-Consular web site, they list the requirements for Retirement Visa (if it still exists!): I still have a lot to learn, and probably will find out it is all wrong once I get to Indonesia.

Requirements:
      1. A passport with at least 18 months validity from the date of entry into Indonesia, which has at least one blank page for visa (amendment and endorsement pages cannot be used for visa).
      2. Two recent color photographs (passport size) with white background on picture-quality paper. Note: Do not staple or affixed the photographs on the form.
      3. Complete the online application. The application can click here to start
      4. Limited Stay Visa Authorization Letter from the Indonesian Directorate General of Immigration (please note that an application will not be processed without a formal notification of authorization from the Indonesian Directorate General of Immigration).
      5. Designation Letter of authorized Indonesian travel agent.
      6. Pension fund statement or bank statement from the country of origin (or Indonesia).
      7. Proof of a life insurance.
      8. Proof of a health insurance.
      9. Proof of third party liability insurance.
      10. Copy of Employment Contract of Indonesian domestic worker(s) during stay in Indonesia.
      11. Proof of accommodation during stay in Indonesia.
      12. Payment in money order, company’s check or cashier’s check. Click here for the list of consular transaction's fee
      13. All individuals are obliged to bring a health certificate declaring Covid-19 negative status based on Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test issued no later than 3 x 24 hours prior arriving in Indonesia. The certificate must be issued by a competent health authority from the original country.
      ?

Comment

Originally posted by sitabrothers View Post
        ... (yes, I read the thread about no more Retirement Visa)...on the Embassy e-Consular web site, they list the requirements for Retirement Visa (if it still exists!): I still have a lot to learn, and probably will find out it is all wrong once I get to Indonesia...

I understand that you are still in doubt about the end of the Retirement Visa , as I was also when I first post about it . Embassies also still inform about the Retirement Visa .

But after further checking , I revised my post about the end of Retirement Visa , so now regardless of what Embassies still inform , to me there is no more doubt : the Law was revised , the Regulation was also revised , and the Circular Letter with the final details was issued , so all the legal procedures to exclude the Retirement Visa/Residence Permit and create the Second Home Visa/Residence Permit is clearly/legally stated .

Comment

Working...
        X