• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now Denmark, Norway and the United Kingdom

From https://www.thejakartapost.com/busin...uarantine.html
    Title : Indonesia restricts entry for foreigners, extends quarantine
    By Eisya A. Eloksari (The Jakarta Post) , 21 Dec 2021

[Foreigners arriving from Denmark, Norway and the United Kingdom are prohibited from entering Indonesia, two ministers said on Monday. The government is also considering lengthening the quarantine period for all incoming travelers to 14 days next year in a measure to curb the spread of the Omicron COVID-19 variant. “The government added those countries, given that the spread of Omicron has been rapid in all three,” Coordinating Maritime Affairs and Investment Minister Luhut Pandjaitan told the media on Monday, after a meeting with the President...]

As if rapid spread of the Omicron variant were not the norm. Says the US CDC Director, "Omicron has become the dominant variant in the U.S. making up 73% of all reported [new] cases."

Our chances of being able to visit our Indonesian family in Jakarta during the summer of 2022 have dwindled to near zero.

Comment

The spread of Omicron is not rapid but it is a reality. Countries mostly in the Asian region tend to be on the loose when such an issue arises. They tend to be on the back foot and look for the full nature to be exposed. But in this light, many countries learned what fate and poor planning can do to them. Hence, now you will find more travel restrictions and that too in a rapid way slowly. Hearing from a couple of friends in Africa, I have found that there are already restrictions in the native African countries although the full exposure is not seen regarding the Omicron.
      The UK for example has already seen a few cases but they also are going into the lockdown phase. I believe once the New Year ends, consider harsher restrictions from the UK and EU in place. This is not a bad thing since we have to be smart and vigilant in our defense. Previously, we have lost a lot of lives in the pandemic for not abiding by the rules. Hence, every country is on the front foot now to tackle the situation at the earliest and minimize the spread of the Omicron virus among the citizens.

Comment

Originally posted by LouisJohnson100 View Post
        ...The UK for example has already seen a few cases ...

From https://assets.publishing.service.go...n_Overview.pdf (UK Government) : Cumulative Total Confirmed UK Omicron Cases in 28 Dec 2021 : 177'201

Comment

If we have kitap and leave Indonesia early next year to visit family, will we be able to come back in again? 

Comment

Anyway traveling is not the best idea during those difficult times. It is better to stay at home and keep yourself and the family safe in healthy

Comment

I guess this is the new norm. “This is the way” covid is not going away and we must learn and adapt to live with it. I haven’t seen my boys in state since 2020 thanksgiving. Next year I will travel no matter what the quarantine period or any restrictions in place.

Comment

Originally posted by RaksiMay View Post
                If we have kitap and leave Indonesia early next year to visit family, will we be able to come back in again??

Probably yes (within one year in order to not lose the KITAP) , but maybe you will not avoid the quarantine .

Comment

Ok, Thank you Marcus. Looking at going for a couple of months Max. 

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Mangle View Post
                    Anyway traveling is not the best idea during those difficult times. It is better to stay at home and keep yourself and the family safe in healthy
                    Unfortunately not so easy when you have family outside of Indonesia. 

Comment

Working...
                    X