Compulsory COVID vaccinations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hawk1024 View Post
    (a) ...You want to take away my chocolate too?

(b) ...you think it's ok to sacrifice a few..people lives...(whose lives you find expendable)...

(a) As I said , all information is in the internet , very easy for you to get your "chocolate" .

(b) I never said that . Let me say it in other words : if we don't vaccinate around 80% of the population , you are more probable to die due to the coronavirus (suposing you refuse the vaccine) than due to the vaccine (supposing you get vaccinated) .

Comment

So , in response to the Bloomberg's article (see below) stating the "unusual" Indonesian Government's move , here is how it is not "unusual" at all .

From https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/01/can-...aboolainternal (01 April 2021)
      Title : Here’s how you can be forced to get the Covid vaccine in the U.S.
      By : CNBC
      [...30% of U.S. adults still don’t want to get the Covid vaccine. But many of them may not have much of a choice.
      Both states and cities can mandate vaccines based on their legislative authority, and employers also have the right to require inoculation as a health and safety work rule.]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...?sref=yLCixKPR (18 Feb 2021)
      Title : Indonesia to Punish Those Who Refuse to Take Covid-19 Vaccine
      By : By Arys Aditya and Claire Jiao

[... The government can punish those who refuse the vaccine by stopping or delaying social assistance programs and administrative services as well as impose fines, according to a revised presidential rule. The actual form of the sanctions are left to local governments to decide. Making the Covid-19 vaccine compulsory is an unusual move amid widespread hesitance toward the shots that were rushed in its development...]

Comment

[... The government can punish those who refuse the vaccine by stopping or delaying social assistance programs and administrative services as well as impose fines, according to a revised presidential rule. The actual form of the sanctions are left to local governments to decide. Making the Covid-19 vaccine compulsory is an unusual move amid widespread hesitance toward the shots that were rushed in its development...]

So that could mean that if you are a 60+ years old expat living here on a ktitap kawin, your kitap may not be extended if you cannot show proof that you have been vaccinated?

Comment

Originally posted by RobertBali View Post
          So that could mean that if you are a 60+ years old expat... your kitap may not be extended if you cannot show proof that you have been vaccinated?

Well , I think that the Regulation allows Immigration to do that , IF resident foreigners are later considered "target recipients" . Just now , it is not the case , and I think it will not happen if at the end of the Indonesian vaccination program , at least around 70% of the people are vaccinated .

Otherwise , the Government has already the approved rule to "pressure" more people to get the vaccine in order to reach "herd immunity" in Indonesia .

-----------------------------------------------------

PP no.14 TAHUN 2O2I (09 Feb 2021)
          Article 13A
          (1) The Ministry of Health shall collect data and determine the target recipients of the COVID-19 vaccine
          (2) Every person who has been designated as a target recipient of the COVID-19 vaccine based on the data set as referred to in paragraph (1) is obliged to take part in the COVID-19 vaccination.

Comment

Thanks for sharing

Comment

Working...
            X