Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Covid stimulus check

Assalaam alaikum, Ramadan Mubarak

Does anyone know any Indonesian banks that are able to cash US Covid stimulus checks from the IRS? I live in Malang area.

Thanks

I don't know and in all the time I have been in this Forum (since before 2008) , I never saw any post about cashing a foreign check (in Indonesia or elsewhere) . You could try searching in the internet .

Comment

I have looked on the internet and been to several banks, hence why I have asked here. I am currently trying with Bank Mandiri. I just want a backup bank incase this bank isn't allowed to cash this type of check. The US sent out Covid relief checks to those without US banking to it's citizens, even overseas. Not a smart idea but that's what they decided to do for whatever reason.

Comment

If you or a friend have a US bank account, most banking apps allow for deposit with a scan of the check. The check doesn't need to be presented in those cases.

Comment

I don't think so there will be an issue but if there will be you can contact the helpline number if you have any issue about it. i am sure there will be a helpline number given. or how to withdraw money by check.

Comment

Originally posted by LouisJohnson100 View Post
            I don't think so there will be an issue but if there will be you can contact the helpline number if you have any issue about it. i am sure there will be a helpline number given. or how to withdraw money by check.
            IRS was of no help when I called. I ended up using the e-check deposit like the above comment suggested. Will see if/when the check is released. Max another week. Seemed to have worked though, thankfully.

Comment

Working...
            X