Want to have the best quotes about Indonesia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Julie_Josey View Post
    hello guys, if Indonesia has bad impression for you, why you are all still here? go back to your country.
    i feel so upset to look at that quote above saying " [COLOR=#333333]Macet sucks", "[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]Where everything is impossible - but anything is possible (with a bit of money)", n traffic jam.
    [/COLOR]
    Originally posted by asunnusa View Post
    Rehash of old joke:
    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=&amp]When the world was created, one of the archangels peered over God's shoulder at the work in progress and couldn't help noticing that one country had been especially favored. "You've given everything to Indonesia," the archangel said. "It has the longest beaches, the large river, the biggest forest, the best soil. The weather's always warm and sunny, with no hurricanes. It also has oil and mineral riches abound. Don't you think that's a little unfair?"
    "Ah," God replied, "just wait until you see the people I'm putting there."[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    For the record, the expat forum moderation team raise an eyebrow when reading the kind of posts highlighted above.

@ Julie_Josey,
    Your "go back to your country" is over the top and ridiculous. You would hear most Indonesian complaining about macet and corruption. In fact, the two sentences could have been said by my (Indonesian) wife and most of my (Indonesian) friends. You should perhaps wonder why you would accept it from any Indonesian but are unable to accept it when said by a foreigner, while these statements are pretty valid and largely documented. If it is just because they are foreigner, let me tell you that it isn't enough to make a point.

Anyway, this is a warning. If my call is unheard and if I detect in the future any other blind nationalistic retort such as your "go back to your country", I will immediately and permanently suspend your privilege and invite you to go peddle your stuff somewhere else. Foreigners who are living in Indonesia have valid permits issued by your government, pay taxes and contribute to enrich and develop the great country of Indonesia. Considering this, and the fact that Indonesia is a democracy, they have the right to express their feelings about the country. If you don't like it, you'd better get used to it and consider ways to perhaps help improving the situation.

@ asunnusa,
    Thanks to refrain to post these kind of "jokes". They are highly offensive. Many of our users are Indonesian and many of us are married to Indonesian. The expat forum doesn't condone generalization and belittling of people.
    Considering that you are a relatively new addition to this forum, I would issue you only a warning. However, as per my warning to Julie_Josey, should your future posts contain similar offensive generalization, even disguised as a "joke", the moderation team would be forced to terminate your membership to the Expat Forum.

Please read more about our policy here: http://www.expat.or.id/postingguidelines.html
    Last edited by atlantis; 30-06-16, 08:42.

Comment

Well said, atlantis. The only thing I would add is: [COLOR=#333333]Many of our users are Indonesian, many of us are married to Indonesians, and many of us genuinely love Indonesia and have adopted it as home, even if we aren't citizens.
      [/COLOR]

Comment

hello guys, if Indonesia has bad impression for you, why you are all still here? go back to your country.
        i feel so upset to look at that quote above saying " [COLOR=#333333]Macet sucks", "[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]Where everything is impossible - but anything is possible (with a bit of money)", n traffic jam.
        [/COLOR]
        That is why Indonesia is like it is as Indonesians just shrug their collective shoulders.

One thing I can say about the Chinese is when I was there in 1993/4 and Shanghai was one big shit pit ask any Chinese about China and they'd reply "We will make it better". Meanwhile ask any Indonesian about Indonesia and they'd reply "The corruption is too bad, nothing we can do, that's Indonesia"

Jakarta got a Busway

And Indonesians complain about the traffic but complain is all

Comment

and i find it quite offensive too to be told "[COLOR=#333333]Where everything is impossible - but anything is possible (with a bit of money)"

Indonesia not only a Jakarta. We have Bali, Lombok, Batam and so much more. it's nice to be grateful where you live now .[/COLOR]
          Lucky for you as it seems there is an Exodus of expats leaving Indonesia so you won't have to put up with our whining anymore. Oh sorry about the economy going down, more, as a result of expats leaving, but what can you do about it, that's Indonesia.

There are two things which transformed China from a shit pit it was in the 1990's to what it is now; people's attitude to make the country better, and expats and their investments and you didn't have to lose a kidney in the process.

Comment

@ all,
            Thanks to give a break to Julie_Josey. She has replied to the moderation team in a positive manner, apologized and acknowledged the right of expats to express their feelings. Let's put this behind us.
            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Jaime C View Post
              We're #1, we're #1!!!!

(Photo caption: No need to pay for a hotel room, you'll be stuck in your Taxi for hours.)
              You mean like this?

Comment

months ago, the admin told me to stop bickering, and now i stuck on page 3 and i cant find the answer the OP is asking....
                [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Source Sans Pro]"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need"
                [/FONT][/COLOR]Tyler Durden

Comment

To get things back on track - I was told when I first arrived in Indonesia by a veteran expat who had already been here since the 60s that "if you can live here for six months and not go mad or kill someone, then you can live here forever"

I think there must be some truth in that. It becomes more apparent when I have visitors out here, I can see from their reaction to things that I now fail to even notice.

Comment

Similar to Scoot, I received a pearl of wisdom from a long term Expat regarding driving, "The rules here are exactly as they are at home, it's just no one has told anyone"

Comment

[/COLOR]
                      Truth hurts huh?
                      .... monkeys typewriters ..... typewriters monkeys

Comment

No Problem = Problem
                        Small problem = Big Problem
                        Big Problem = Time for trip to Singapore
                        .... monkeys typewriters ..... typewriters monkeys

Comment

Personally I actually enjoy sitting in traffic. People drive more slowly, less acceleration, more time to react. Rarely any road rage. No pressure to have more than 2 meetings a day, because it isn't possible.

Comment

Why so serious
                            "The Beauty of Indonesia is located outside Jakarta"

Comment

I like to complaint about every place I live.. and my complaints and rants for Jakarta never stop.... It needs critic to progress..

Comment

Working...
                              X