How to get rid of a notification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get rid of a notification

Someone sent me a friend request couple of days ago. As always, I accepted it, but nothing has changed. And I did that more than once in case the next try will do the trick, but it remains. So I sent back my friend request perhaps it will work the other way around, and they are now on my friends list.

Now, I don't like a pending notification at the top of my profile, so how can I make it go ? I did try to reject it maybe it will be gone by that, but nope, it still there. And its started to getting on my nerves to keep seeing it.
    Words can inspire, thoughts can provoke, but only action can get you closer to your dreams.

I'd like to know that as well!

Comment

The opposite things happened to me, I had notifications but some of them didn't appear lol
      Lost in Jakarta's trafic jam

Comment

Haha the same happened to me, please let me know if you have already found how
        [FONT=tahoma]be strong.. I whispered to my wi-fi signal[/FONT]

Comment

I don't open notifications, so I would also like to know how to get rid of them. I'm up to 11 now.

Comment

Do you guys use pc/lappi/phone/android/ios?
            Lost in Jakarta's trafic jam

Comment

I never access the forum except from Safari on a Mac.

Comment

Originally posted by Berlarutlarut View Post
                I don't open notifications, so I would also like to know how to get rid of them. I'm up to 11 now.
                Do you regularly look at your rep comments in the "settings" window? If yes, NM. If not, you might want to look at your notifications, just to see if anyone said anything particularly nice or vile to you.

Comment

When you get a friend request, there is a box to check (accept/deny or similar) and then another button to submit. If you don't do both actions, it'll never go away.
                  Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

Originally posted by Puspawarna View Post
                    Do you regularly look at your rep comments in the "settings" window? If yes, NM. If not, you might want to look at your notifications, just to see if anyone said anything particularly nice or vile to you.
                    Shhhhhh, I've red bricked him 11 times, he's gonna be pisssssssed.
                    Last edited by Jaime C; 10-06-14, 15:59.
                    Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaime C View Post
                      When you get a friend request, there is a box to check (accept/deny or similar) and then another button to submit. If you don't do both actions, it'll never go away.

Yes, I did that both already.

And this is not my first friend request, every one else automatically gone (the notification that is) once I accepted the request. But this one is bandel.

I blame you for this, my newest friend !!

Words can inspire, thoughts can provoke, but only action can get you closer to your dreams.

Comment

Does anyone know what happens if you reject a friend request? Do they get a notification like "Sorry Puspa doesn't want to accept your request"?

I just don't want to offend anyone by rejecting them. On the other hand, I've decided not to accept friend requests at all, as a matter of practice. If I could be sure people don't hear back, I'll just reject them all.

Comment

Originally posted by Puspawarna View Post
                          Does anyone know what happens if you reject a friend request? Do they get a notification like "Sorry Puspa doesn't want to accept your request"?

I just don't want to offend anyone by rejecting them. On the other hand, I've decided not to accept friend requests at all, as a matter of practice. If I could be sure people don't hear back, I'll just reject them all.

I wrote a thread specifically about this I think, and there was a trial from a member to prove it, and nope : Nothing, not a sorry or anything when you rejected a request.

Comment

Okay in that case I'm going to try rejecting the backlog of friend requests and see if I can get back to no notifications.
                            ...running off to try...

Comment

Okay, I'm all done. No more notifications!

I guess this doesn't help you, though Alia - if I understand correctly, you accepted the friend request but the notification still won't disappear?

Comment

Working...
                              X