Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It shouldn't but it does...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by lantern View Post
    These posts make me feel better as I spent about an hour last month giving a guy some detailed help for a planned trip to Nepal and Tibet. He is a work colleague of my brother's so I was really just doing my brother a favor but he could at least have acknowledged my efforts. He's a feckin HR consultant.

    Interesting though that it seems so widespread. I suppose it's just basic bad manners.
    I would like to think if these people were face to face with someone who has done some kind deed for them that they would at least say thank you.
    It might well be because of the anonymity of the internet that such social niceties are deemed irrelevant- personally I disagree. However some people are a waste of oxygen. Especially the ones who go thru life taking others for granted.
    Cicak Magnet

    Comment


    • #17
      LOL, you really sounded grumpy, I hope it is just the "cuppa tea, and not hubby saying "not tonight love, I got a headache".


      Originally posted by bad_azz View Post
      the one thing about some of the users of this forum that really pisses me off... Its the ones who pop up in private messages with the "please can you help me- how do I find/ do/ get/ buy etc this that or the other in Bandung?"
      Or whatever else they think I might be able to help them with...
      I provide the time & effort to respond and the ignorant fekkers can not even be bothered to say a simple "thanks".... just 1 measly "thanks"...
      so from now on- unless you are a prolific poster - don't bother asking me anything by PM. ask on the board or don't ask.

      Its not as if manners cost too much.

      (not had me cuppa tea yet, still got my grumpy pants on but felt I had to say it cos its been hacking me off for a while now.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by bad_azz View Post
        Hahahahahaha, anyone who knows me would know I really never buy bra with pads haha made me splurt my cuppa tea.
        I also wondered why did you have pads. But those crumpet looking thingo were next to your laundry basket.

        Comment


        • #19
          I had at least 10 requests this year with not so much as a thanks... benederlof
          As for hubby & his not tonight hahahaha...
          he's usually crashed out on the sofa by 10pm, I usually go to bed about 3 am... he wins the 5 o'clock starts with the animals - or at least he has been doing this past few weeks.
          My hips have been crippled with a trapped nerve so the last thing on my mind has been nookie
          poor hubby x
          Cicak Magnet

          Comment


          • #20
            Well B.A, I have to say a big thanks for all your posts I find them funny and informative and its a pleasure to read them! You are appreciated So, thanks, *HUGS* and

            Ray

            Comment


            • #21
              hehehe Ray - you made me laugh x

              I was talking about the private messages though, not the forum posts, those I do for my own amusement and to pass the time
              hugs & kissies are always welcome though
              Cicak Magnet

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by bad_azz View Post
                I provide the time & effort to respond and the ignorant fekkers can not even be bothered to say a simple "thanks".... just 1 measly "thanks"...
                so from now on- unless you are a prolific poster - don't bother asking me anything by PM. ask on the board or don't ask.
                This is the policy I decided long ago but despite my signature clearly displaying it below any of my posts, I still receive more or less everyday PMs from people who log and don't even bother to post. They just PM their questions, ignoring the board. Worse, they are questions which have been already answered thousands of times and a simple search would provide them an answer.

                There was a time I was answering to each PMs but it was insane. It was taking me two to three hours some day... and as you have experienced, often no thanks.

                Comment


                • #23
                  I am usually flattered when a member PM's me with a question. Doesn't happen very often. I guess its obvious from my public posts, I don't know shit.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Its nice (is it... or is it rather saddening) to know I am not alone in this...
                    Cicak Magnet

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      oooh & pony, only just seen your post.. the pads next to the laundry basket are my inco-pads... x
                      Cicak Magnet

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by atlantis View Post
                        Worse, they are questions which have been already answered thousands of times and a simple search would provide them an answer
                        These are the ones that make my blood boil, and if they do come to the board, they just repost the same old questions rather than search the existing threads.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          ...to be fair the searches can throw up a huge amount of irrelevant info sometimes. It is becoming a bit like the East German records bureau lol... a victim of its own success unless one knows specific terms to search for.
                          The topic headers could do with some rearranging maybe separate ones for visas totally away from the other serious issues.
                          Maybe a separate one for marriage/divorce procedures.
                          & a total separate area for newbies looking for friends... hehe
                          Cicak Magnet

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by bad_azz View Post
                            The topic headers could do with some rearranging maybe separate ones for visas totally away from the other serious issues.
                            Long ago (I think it was in March 2011), I sent an email with a proposal to divide the Law, Documents & Money matters forum in no less than 6 sub forum to simplify any research. I don't recall having received an answer. The owner was on vacation or busy. Can't remember. Bad timing anyway. At the time, there was way, way less thread and I had time to sort out all the mess. Not anymore unfortunately. Lack of motivation also.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I never get asked anything!

                              Ray

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by atlantis View Post
                                Long ago (I think it was in March 2011), I sent an email with a proposal to divide the Law, Documents & Money matters forum in no less than 6 sub forum to simplify any research. I don't recall having received an answer. The owner was on vacation or busy. Can't remember. Bad timing anyway. At the time, there was way, way less thread and I had time to sort out all the mess. Not anymore unfortunately. Lack of motivation also.
                                Can't say as I blame you... what about delegating it to a minion... am sure pony has time on his hooves hehehe x
                                Cicak Magnet

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X