Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ups.. that is gonna be looooong...

Comment

• KW is probably the one giving you the most pointed criticism, missnaughty. Well, it also means he's the one giving you the most attention, I guess. You should really find healthier ways of gaining attention.

Comment

• Originally posted by Injun View Post
        KW is probably the one giving you the most pointed criticism, missnaughty. Well, it also means he's the one giving you the most attention, I guess. You should really find healthier ways of gaining attention.
        I was about to consult dr. Dimwit to solve this problem. I am waiting for his/her appearance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Missnaughty View Post
          I was about to consult dr. Dimwit to solve this problem. I am waiting for his/her appearance.
          ...or not

You are playing with fire. Just know that the board has banned people before when their sht stirring became disruptive and started driving others away. Then again you have nothing to lose, have you? If you can't get attention here, you might as well be banned.

Comment

...or not

You are playing with fire. Just know that the board has banned people before when their sht stirring became disruptive and started driving others away. Then again you have nothing to lose, have you? If you can't get attention here, you might as well be banned.
            Playing with fire? Get an attention?.. dr. Dimwit him/herself post the thread. I never intended to get any attention, Injun. Entertaining myself, maybe. I do miss those smart, witty, sarcastic, hit and miss word games from some members that fun and good to read.

Do I drive others away? In what term? So far I never put up any silly, looking for bf, or unmeaningful thread here. Check all of my threads.. even my mayo thread intended to find kraft mayo that did disappeared from the supermarket shelf from sometimes and left us with mayo made in Tangerang!

I always watch the word I use so it will not insult a person or touch sensitive part of religion, racism or personal. I am behaving myself. With my threads, I threw you all cases from different perception, different point of view.. and it is your replies that move the thread to its direction.
            Last edited by Missnaughty; 22-02-12, 00:12.

Comment

• I have seen my share of people who have a way with words, who are always one shade away from an infraction. Personally I think a kind hearted potty mouth is much better than a troll with a sterile vocabulary. The cultural gap is wide enough to cause serious frictions by itself, the last thing we need here is a provocateur that eggs people into a conflict just for the jolly of it.

Comment

• It is your replies that move a thread toward its direction--like I stated previously--here I rest my case.

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...l=1#post231511

Comment

• Originally posted by Missnaughty View Post
                  It is your replies that move a thread toward its direction--like I stated previously--here I rest my case. http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...l=1#post231511
                  That's not the topic, you are.

Everything can be taken to extremes, political correctness and regulations included. But, that is no excuse to get rid of them, and most certainly no excuse to incite arguments just for kicks. If the forum can ban bule seeker ads due to the discord they cause, do you think a person that purposely sow such discord for her own fun would be safe?

I made a post a while back on this subject. To be passionate about what you truly believe is understandable, and sometimes even admirable. Heated discussion in this context is acceptable. However, there are trolls who don't really believe in anything but enjoy seeing people getting riled up, like a cockfighter that uses humans instead of roosters.

You're not as bad as the previous smart troll, but you're getting there.

Comment

• Injun, Missnaughty,

Please... lebeh bae ngoni dua baku-baku bae jo dan baku-baku sayang jo. So cukup jo bule bule yang baku ambe mulu, jangan tambah ngoni orang indonesia mo iko tu bule pe keburukan.

The first of you two who manage to translate this from bahasa manado to bahasa indonesia yang formal has won a hard copy of the kama sutra prefaced and dedicated by roysingh. If you have trouble to get the meaning of it, which I doubt, feel free to PM me for a translation.

Originally posted by Missnaughty View Post
                    I do miss those smart, witty, sarcastic, hit and miss word games from some members that fun and good to read.
                    I suggest that you take some of the 4 months ban time of KW to read our Posting Guidelines and the paragraph concerning the aim of the forum and the no-nos. You may have picked the wrong forum to post in, Missnaughty. We cruise toward less bickerings and squabblings and more adult behaviour, meaning that the forum may become a boring place to your taste. We have no planning to let users, whoever they are, derailing the forum from its track. We have been warning people for long enough, temporary ban have been issued for a week, two weeks, one month, two months, four months, six months...etc. At the end of the day, mods and admins will always have the last word and the aim of this forum and the perception we have of it, are what prevail.

People who scare away potential contributors are removed. A bunch of people who have been contributing to the informative part of this forum have stopped posting or have disminished their contributions because of the attitude of a few users. When interrogated, they point toward the same users and their attitude. When the threads/posts are assessed we often find out that we can't disagree with the fact that some users have turned this forum in their personal sand pitch. This is not acceptable and we have blown the whistle to indicate that recreation time was over. Thus a temporary removal of a few users, hoping that a longer chill out period will give them more time to assess if they really want to keep their priviledges here or not. At the end of their temporary ban, nothing says that they will decide to resume posting. You have to be aware of it. They may understand that the limit we fix doesn't allow them to post the way they would enjoy. Likewise, don't even expect to read the sme level of sarcasm in the forum than you may have read in the past. More mods also means more eyes reading threads and a quicker response to offenses.

Originally posted by Injun View Post
                    You're not as bad as the previous smart troll, but you're getting there.
                    That's harsh, Injun. Accusing someone on a public board to be a mere troll isn't very nice for the least. You are definitively entitled to have your opinion on the matter, but I believe it's better if mods are the one doing the modding rather than letting the users handling moderation. Thanks to respect our policy on the matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by atlantis View Post
                      Injun, Missnaughty,

Please... lebeh bae ngoni dua baku-baku bae jo dan baku-baku sayang jo. So cukup jo bule bule yang baku ambe mulu, jangan tambah ngoni orang indonesia mo iko tu bule pe keburukan.

The first of you two who manage to translate this from bahasa manado to bahasa indonesia yang formal has won a hard copy of the kama sutra prefaced and dedicated by roysingh. If you have trouble to get the meaning of it, which I doubt, feel free to PM me for a translation.

I suggest that you take some of the 4 months ban time of KW to read our Posting Guidelines and the paragraph concerning the aim of the forum and the no-nos. You may have picked the wrong forum to post in, Missnaughty. We cruise toward less bickerings and squabblings and more adult behaviour, meaning that the forum may become a boring place to your taste. We have no planning to let users, whoever they are, derailing the forum from its track. We have been warning people for long enough, temporary ban have been issued for a week, two weeks, one month, two months, four months, six months...etc. At the end of the day, mods and admins will always have the last word and the aim of this forum and the perception we have of it, are what prevail.

People who scare away potential contributors are removed. A bunch of people who have been contributing to the informative part of this forum have stopped posting or have disminished their contributions because of the attitude of a few users. When interrogated, they point toward the same users and their attitude. When the threads/posts are assessed we often find out that we can't disagree with the fact that some users have turned this forum in their personal sand pitch. This is not acceptable and we have blown the whistle to indicate that recreation time was over. Thus a temporary removal of a few users, hoping that a longer chill out period will give them more time to assess if they really want to keep their priviledges here or not. At the end of their temporary ban, nothing says that they will decide to resume posting. You have to be aware of it. They may understand that the limit we fix doesn't allow them to post the way they would enjoy. Likewise, don't even expect to read the sme level of sarcasm in the forum than you may have read in the past. More mods also means more eyes reading threads and a quicker response to offenses.

That's harsh, Injun. Accusing someone on a public board to be a mere troll isn't very nice for the least. You are definitively entitled to have your opinion on the matter, but I believe it's better if mods are the one doing the modding rather than letting the users handling moderation. Thanks to respect our policy on the matter.
                      I concur. If any of the forum members found this place became stale, please step aside and do other worldly things as much as you can away from your computer desk. Get busy. Find new friends. Whatever you can.

I was fairly active but I do come and go. I had been present in several forum gatherings as I try to attend as many as I can with the schedule and commitments that I have to attend.

Believe me, these people you missed can be sharp in the fingers on a lot of subjects and have created uncomfortable situation for me and the rest of the (older) community.

If you see them once in awhile, it is because they found something useful to do outside this forum.

Don't they miss this forum, they do. Is this everything to their world, no, not really.

End of my recehan.

Warm Regards,

Armand

Comment

• Atlantis, I am really late in the game regarding missnaughty. Many others have openly question her sincerity before me, but until very recently I figured she was just a strange woman. It all changed when she openly admitted that on the internet she can be anything, meaning her replies can very well be designed to elicit strong responses that amuse her. Behind each strong response there is a real person that's at least slightly upset. Now, I have no problem with upsetting people for important matters like religious freedom and such, but it's not acceptable if done purely for fun. Any shred of doubt about her intention was removed when she asked about KW, the person with probably the harshest attitude toward her. If someone is here to sincerely socialize like a real person, she would naturally avoid her critics. If she is here for attention and drama, then of course she longs for the loud guys even when they target her.

I am not saying she is a bad person. I believe most people are complex and are entirely capable of possessing seemingly contradictory personal traits. Very, very few of us can be considered evil, and none of us is 100% evil. I appreciate the kinder and lighter side of her, but I dislike the attention and drama seeking part.

She is still testing the limit and figuring out what she can get away with. I am simply telling her that I know what she's doing, and that if she thinks keeping her language clean lets her concoct drama with impunity, she's wrong.
                        Last edited by Nimbus; 22-02-12, 14:29.

Comment

Atlantis, I am really late in the game regarding missnaughty. Many others have openly question her sincerity before me,
                          It's true. I not only called her the T word, I set it to a Nat King Cole melody. Perhaps I shouldn't have done that, but it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Comment

• I must agree with Injun and Pusp. At first I thought it was just a bit weird, craving for attention, masochistic or even dumb to start these types of threads but I have come to realize it is more than that.

And someone who is just posting to provoke predictable emotional reactions (anger, irritation, sadness) or flames is exactly the qualification of a troll, right?

But then we also touch the whole 'bule hunting' and dating discussion; should the fact that this forum primarily serves to help people moving to and living in RI, prohibit these type of 'light' and superficial posts? It's a different story when someone is sabotaging a serious thread of course...
                            Last edited by jstar; 22-02-12, 15:38.
                            [FONT=arial black]
                            [/FONT]

Comment

Atlantis, I am really late in the game regarding missnaughty. Many others have openly question her sincerity before me,
                              Originally posted by Puspawarna View Post
                              It's true. I not only called her the T word, I set it to a Nat King Cole melody. Perhaps I shouldn't have done that, but it seemed like a good idea at the time.
                              Originally posted by jstar View Post
                              I must agree with Injun and Pusp. At first I thought it was just a bit weird, craving for attention,
                              If you guys are persuaded she's trolling, then there is a very simple internet forum rule to follow:
                              Don't feed the T.jpg

It is a very effective way to limit the phenomena. The more you bump the threads and engage them, the more you amplify the problem if problem there is. So far I don't see Missnaughty's post as being problematic, though we keep an eye on her postings. Should we start to have the feeling that the attention she is looking for is creating troubles and that she attempt to stir the sh*t a bit too much, be sure that none of the mods would hesitate to deal with it. No need to call her openly on the board a troll in the meantime. Any of you is more than welcome to share his/her opinion by PM with us or to report us any post with his/her comment. Be sure that we appreciate it and that we value the opinion of anyone feeling concerned.

@ P. I know; I've read your Nat King Cole post and it made me giggle... maybe I should not have done that.

@I. Be sure that I am fully aware that you aren't the first one to be questionning Missnaughty's posting attitude. Reading your post however gave me the impression that you went a bit too far. Hence my post and kind request to you. You have a fair record when it comes to abuse of our rules and we just would like it to continue.

Comment

• Originally posted by atlantis View Post
                                If you guys are persuaded she's trolling, then there is a very simple internet forum rule to follow:[ATTACH=CONFIG]8581[/ATTACH]It is a very effective way to limit the phenomena. The more you bump the threads and engage them, the more you amplify the problem if problem there is. So far I don't see Missnaughty's post as being problematic, though we keep an eye on her postings. Should we start to have the feeling that the attention she is looking for is creating troubles and that she attempt to stir the sh*t a bit too much, be sure that none of the mods would hesitate to deal with it. No need to call her openly on the board a troll in the meantime. Any of you is more than welcome to share his/her opinion by PM with us or to report us any post with his/her comment. Be sure that we appreciate it and that we value the opinion of anyone feeling concerned. @ P. I know; I've read your Nat King Cole post and it made me giggle... maybe I should not have done that. @I. Be sure that I am fully aware that you aren't the first one to be questionning Missnaughty's posting attitude. Reading your post however gave me the impression that you went a bit too far. Hence my post and kind request to you. You have a fair record when it comes to abuse of our rules and we just would like it to continue.
                                That's the thing, Atlantis. Taken individually the threads and the posts are kosher, but the pattern and her own admission make them questionable. As I said before, her saving grace is the fact that she's mostly non-confrontational.

The word "troll" has taken negative meanings beyond an attention seeker, so perhaps it's too harsh. Maybe I should term it something more neutral because she's just fishing for responses. We all toss something out there for fun once in a while, but she's pushing it.

Her response blaming the replies reminds me of the concept of "I have zero responsibility over anybody else's feeling", and you all know what I think about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X