I miss pimpin and snooky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Davita View Post
    I've never redbricked anyone. I'm with waarmy...
    If I was in the habit, I would give you one, a green one, that is. Anyone who agrees with me is certainly worthy. (Maybe lonely, as well.)

Comment

Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
      If I was in the habit, I would give you one, a green one, that is. Anyone who agrees with me is certainly worthy. (Maybe lonely, as well.)
      Me mee !! i'm agree with you and definitely feel lonely too maybe that's why i hang around in this forum too much, so green brick warmie ?
      I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil.i'm just.. human

Comment

Originally posted by travellingchez View Post
        Is it a Javenese loan word?
        It is strictly Javanese, I don't think it's being used in standard Indonesian. Notice she's in Semarang.

Comment

'mudeng' is definitely not a formal Bahasa Indonesia word. I learned of its existence from my Javanese friends.

Originally posted by Injun View Post
          It is strictly Javanese, I don't think it's being used in standard Indonesian. Notice she's in Semarang.
          I just saw your reply to our WwF chat, from Jan 11. The thing never showed up on my phone; i played on facebook for the first time tonight and there it was!!!
          Last edited by cgksfo; 18-01-12, 21:28.
          "There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want."
          -Bill Watterson

Comment

Originally posted by vie - yu View Post
            Me mee !! i'm agree with you and definitely feel lonely too maybe that's why i hang around in this forum too much, so green brick warmie ?
            To be culturally attuned let's just say I will give it some thought; maybe later.

Comment

Originally posted by cgksfo View Post
              I just saw your reply to our WwF chat, from Jan 11. The thing never showed up on my phone; i played on facebook for the first time tonight and there it was!!!
              Facebook (and probably WwF) is blocked by the network in my office, so it might have something to do with it.

Comment

LOL, "brickwall confessions". My first brick was to Hombre (I felt he lashed out at a poster for no reason), I remember giving one to Elithium, Pimp, the rest were for spammers. So far I only got red bricks from Pimping (my post "hurt his feelings", LOL) and KW.

I really like a rep system on one of the forums I've seen. Instead of the +/- rep they have a "thanks" button, so instead of green or red bricks you can see a number of "thank you" member have received. Perhaps something for Admin to consider.
                Sergei - Your friendly neighborhood IT consultant.

Comment

Originally posted by sergei View Post
                  LOL, "brickwall confessions". My first brick was to Hombre (I felt he lashed out at a poster for no reason), I remember giving one to Elithium, Pimp, the rest were for spammers. So far I only got red bricks from Pimping (my post "hurt his feelings", LOL) and KW.

I really like a rep system on one of the forums I've seen. Instead of the +/- rep they have a "thanks" button, so instead of green or red bricks you can see a number of "thank you" member have received. Perhaps something for Admin to consider.
                  Agreed....the negative rep system creates abuse....as someone once said..."If you cannot say something nice...best shut-up!"....come to think of it...maybe it was my Mum.

Comment

I don't remember the last time I gave red to anyone that's not a spammer or a scammer.

Comment

red bricks are a game, anyone that feels hurt by them needs to evaluate their priorities in life.

Comment

Originally posted by kingwilly View Post
                        red bricks are a game, anyone that feels hurt by them needs to evaluate their priorities in life.
                        Oh I agree that they are meaningless - maybe let your mate know when you see him next.

Comment

Speaking of members going AWOL, where is the lovely Ms. lone_ranger?
                          "There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want."
                          -Bill Watterson

Comment

Originally posted by john madden View Post
                            Oh I agree that they are meaningless - maybe let your mate know when you see him next.
                            got lottsa friends, which one do you mean ?

Comment

Circulez! Y a rien à voir disait Coluche.

Originally posted by Missnaughty View Post
                              No talk about Pimpin?.. Mr. SupMod?
                              Talk about Pimpin? If I have to, I will do it directly to him if you don't mind.

Pimpin is permanently banned to have accumulated way too many warnings/infractions and bans than authorized by our policy. There is nothing to discuss about it. That's a fact. We've bent the rules for him, as we've done with others in a similar situation in the past, but I acquired the conviction some time ago that it was pointless and that a strict enforcement of our rules was in order. Far too many posters have been discouraged by the flaming attitude of a few and we have lost some valuable contributors due to it. That is not acceptable.

When/if the sustainability of this forum is endangered in any way, I raise an eyebrow. So do wm and the other mods I guess. If there are other users who think that they can be a pain in the bum for others and believe that this forum is their personal playground where bullying is the norm, they should better start to browse the internet in search of a more welcoming place.

I've been moderating the forum for more than 3 years and was recently seriously considering to put an end to my collaboration with this forum. If I am honest with myself, the reason were to be found in the attitude of a couple of posters or so who were in my opinion turning this forum in a kindergarden playground far too often. I don't feel being associated with it and rather than quiting I decided to help taking the necessary step to change what I dislike in the forum. After all, that's maybe why I've been appointed a mod some time ago.

We try to aggregate a number of contributors with a positive community spirit and who are ready to help their peers. Piss them off and you will be in trouble sooner or later.

I've discussed Pimpin's case a few time with my fellow mods and there was a shared opinion about how to deal with him. I was out of Indonesia until a few days ago, Mas Rob is temporarily unavailable for personal reason and out of Indonesia, Ponyexpress and Paman are busy at the moment. When everyone will be available I will ask for a confirmation and thoughts of all 5 mods then we will send a message to Pimpin and write a short statement on the board concerning the final outcome of the ban.

If you want to have more information about our policy, please read our Posting Guidelines. You will quickly jauge how far from them Pimpin and Snooky are/were and you will have a refresher on the aim of this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis View Post
                                have a refresher on the aim of this forum.
                                that explicit aim or implicit ?

Comment

Working...
                                X