No announcement yet.

Certified Troll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of 'certified trolls' used to be an active members. During the time they were active they have accumulated high green bricks .. But near to the end of their forum life instead of contributing to the forum, their comments attracted flame and made lots of rule breaking.. I hope this answer is what you are looking for.

Comment

OK. I refer you to the first sentence of #11: "[COLOR=#333333]Bug of the system or unintentional wrong setting, Niko Z."
      That's a bug. As I said, for "banned" & "certifed troll" avatars and reputation at the time of the ban shouldn't show. I guess that Paman has inadvertently modified the settings for these user groups and now, their rep at the time of ban is shown. I agree that it is a bit weird but anything technical is out of the competence of mods unfortunately.

To me, the most important is that these trolls can't be of any nuisance for the community. The rep chart is secondary. My rep bar says that I have a "reputation beyond repute"... Really? [/COLOR]

Comment

Ok, I see it now. I hadn't realized that Mas Fred is actually banned and non-active. I assumed that all banned posters would have 'banned' instead of 'member', but 'certified troll' actually means the same thing. It all makes sense now. Thanks to Missnaughty as well for additional explanation.
        Take my advice, I don't need it.

Comment

Originally posted by Niko Z. View Post
          I have just visited his profile and realized he hasn't posted in a few years.
          It isn't surprising that he "hasn't posted in a few years. He has been banned. He has been moved in the "certified troll" group because he has tried to escape his ban creating a new moniker a few months after his ban. The "certified troll" is just a special user group which has been created to have all the monikers created by banned members who have tried to escape a ban decision, in just a few clicks. By just checking the usergroup I can have quickly access to all posts written by these trolls, the IPs used, the personal information and a few other stuff. It is very handy when it comes to identifying a returning banned member.

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis View Post
            [COLOR=#333333]To me, the most important is that these trolls can't be of any nuisance for the community. The rep chart is secondary. My rep bar says that I have a "reputation beyond repute"... Really? [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis View Post
              It isn't surprising that he "hasn't posted in a few years. He has been banned. He has been moved in the "certified troll" group because he has tried to escape his ban creating a new moniker a few months after his ban. The "certified troll" is just a special user group which has been created to have all the monikers created by banned members who have tried to escape a ban decision, in just a few clicks. By just checking the usergroup I can have quickly access to all posts written by these trolls, the IPs used, the personal information and a few other stuff. It is very handy when it comes to identifying a returning banned member.
              It's all clear now, he's not just banned, he's 'super-banned'. Thanks for taking the time to clarify that.

Comment

Your welcome.

Comment

Working...
                X