Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you believe in astrology?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Do you believe in astrology?

    I was reading that a few months ago in the UK, a group of fortunes tellers were demonstrating in front of the government offices after it was announced that they would have to prove their abilities. That just goes to show that they were full of baloney because, if they really had any ability, they would have demonstrated BEFORE it was announced!
    Frankly I have always considered that it is a load of rubbish. Now I read that scientists have come to the same conclusion.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...are-wrong.html
    Anyone who says that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush...has never been in the bush

  • #2
    Dawkins hosts a fanstastic show on BBC called The Enemies of Reason. This would have been right up the show's alley.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks for the headsup. Good stuff. I don't get the BBC channel so I went to Youtube.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyQ57X3YhH4

      Comment


      • #4
        Astrology; Total nonsense, same as Nostradamus predictions he supposedly made many predictions, most if not all are rubbish believed by the feeble minded who would believe anything, as it happens the Astrological chart he worked from was wrong, so much for his predictions, not even educated guesses

        Comment


        • #5
          Astrology: The body of belief that holds that planets and satellites influence, if not determine, the actions and fate of human beings.
          Religion: The body of belief that holds that spirits and supernatural deities influence, if not determine, the actions and fate of human beings.

          It is wholly disingenous for any deist to cast aspersions on astrologists and their believers, for both are cut from the same cloth.

          Comment


          • #6
            If you make enough predictions, especially very vague ones, you're bound to get it right sometime.

            Comment


            • #7
              We are all atheists, some of us just believe in fewer gods.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Hombre de Maiz View Post
                Astrology: The body of belief that holds that planets and satellites influence, if not determine, the actions and fate of human beings.
                Religion: The body of belief that holds that spirits and supernatural deities influence, if not determine, the actions and fate of human beings.

                It is wholly disingenous for any deist to cast aspersions on astrologists and their believers, for both are cut from the same cloth.
                I couldn't agree more Hombre.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Injun View Post
                  We are all atheists, some of us just believe in fewer gods.
                  Ah, How would believing in just one god make you an atheist ? (Example) The belief in one god is demanded by the hebrew god of Abraham I wouldn't consider that atheists.
                  Last edited by bigvolt; 31-05-10, 17:26.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by bigvolt View Post
                    The belief in one god is demanded by the hebrew god of Abraham I wouldn't consider that atheists.
                    Similar devotion has been demanded by megalomaniacs throughout history - most recently by Kim Jong-il.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Perhaps Injun considered "fewer" to include less than one. I suspect he is referring to Muslims holding that those who worship another god, Hebrews for example, as well as no god, are lumped into the same infidel grouping. Christians and the rest would also seem to follow the same dichotomy -- believers versus everybody else. So all of us are non-believers in most gods/religions. The atheists simply go one step further and reject the lot.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by gffgold View Post
                        Similar devotion has been demanded by megalomaniacs throughout history - most recently by Kim Jong-il.
                        Love Kim Jong Il's jokes, keep it coming.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          “The ultimate creative thinking technique is to think like God. If you’re an atheist, pretend how God would do it.” – Frank Lloyd Wright

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I prefer Frank's designs. God should do the Indonesian thing and copy off of his paper.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by bigvolt View Post
                              Ah, How would believing in just one god make you an atheist ? (Example) The belief in one god is demanded by the hebrew god of Abraham I wouldn't consider that atheists.
                              Do you believe in Hindu gods?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X