Preference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chilled. View Post
    TBH, I'm not really on either side of the fence. But to share some experience I thought of while following this thread:

Some time ago, I was talking to an Indian girl and she was very adamant that she won't date/marry an Indian guy. There was some race-specific discussion on the pros and cons (I've many nice indian bros!) and if she was to post an ad, it would contain the sentence "No-Indians" which can be seen as racist, although she might not disclose her own race in the ad.
    Like someone said, its kinda hard to call someone racist against their own race.

On the other hand, a nice asian girl just came back from 2 years of studying in UK. I asked her about her experience with white dudes there that she has enamored about to me in the past. She said it turns out, she doesn't like white guys.
    So her ad 3 years would probably have said whites preferred. It would almost certaintly now say, no-whites. =.=!

To sum it up, I wouldn't call either of those 2 girls racists. Possibly because I know the stories behind their decisions specifically about race.
    It can be complicated, you know?
    The first case is someone who is broadly applying the same characteristic to a whole group (population, race, etc)... which is racist.

The second case is the classic of dreaming to have something you have no idea about what it is really.
    Dreaming to have a spouse of another nationality/culture which you barely know and dreaming about how much it could be different... for later have real experience and knowledge and realizing it was not at all like you have imagined it.
    Human are human anywhere you go!

And this is why most of people would said they didn't got married with an indonesian, they got married with someone who happen to be Indonesian.
    La motivation vient en se motivant ~ Motivation come by self-motivation

Comment

Originally posted by PhilippeD View Post
      very nice to know you find you mr right Van.
      yeah , thank you Philippe!
      [FONT=Tahoma]for my part i know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream...[/FONT]

Comment

I would date a girl based on the fact that she just wanted to try "rasa bule" I am shallow like that. Back in the early days of Jakarta I actually dated a few students who really just wanted to rebel and be able to tell their friends that they were dating a bule. But seeing as I knew from the offset that really I was just the white girls equivalent of green hair or a nose ring, I didn't expect too much to come of it, and nothing ever did. Fun while it lasted.
        I'm not sure its taking advantage.
        I mean, if a customer comes to me and say they WANT to pay rp1mil for widget x that is only 100k as opposed to widget y which is also rp100k... and I have this widget x, why not?
        They know it is both worth rp100k, but allocate/perceive more value into x brand than y brand.

Comment

Scoot! This is not dating, this is taking advantage of a situation!
          Not really Phil, have you never banged a black chick just for the experience

Comment

Hmmmm.... Nope!

Not a black chick....
            La motivation vient en se motivant ~ Motivation come by self-motivation

Comment

Quite easy to answer.
              Do I will be interested in someone who's interest in my is nothing more than my nationality? Hell no!

Do the physical appearence is a main factor for willing to know more someone? Yes
              But their is a huge step in between being interested in someone solely because is is part of a group and starting to know someone after being attracted to him/her for whatever reason it is.
              Very surprising that we are in an agreement this time.

Comment

Originally posted by ScooterIndo View Post
                I would date a girl based on the fact that she just wanted to try "rasa bule" I am shallow like that. Back in the early days of Jakarta I actually dated a few students who really just wanted to rebel and be able to tell their friends that they were dating a bule. But seeing as I knew from the offset that really I was just the white girls equivalent of green hair or a nose ring, I didn't expect too much to come of it, and nothing ever did. Fun while it lasted.
                Don't want to sound mean but yea if a person just want to play then give her the game, that's fair. Dramaqween's quote of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by dramaqween View Post
                  Don't want to sound mean but yea if a person just want to play then give her the game, that's fair. Dramaqween's quote of the day.
                  Sums up the situation perfectly me thinks

Comment

Working...
                  X