Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally building our villa - Den Carik, Lovina, North Bali!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaime C View Post
    Like the contractor?
    No, like his poor workers who only get $6AU per day.
    The problem with Indonesia is, it's there and I'm here.

Comment

Originally posted by SMALLWORLD View Post
      I disagree on this one. Houses in Indonesia don't look like they are build to last for years, they look like you have to destroy them and build new ones every 5-10 years ( similar to changing cars in Europe).

I have seen so many houses with problems of leakage from the roof. Many had completely rotten timber structure with roof tiles falling off because of lack of support. I have seen it in mansions and villas ending up on new build developer's houses. I think in Indonesia there is no roofing warranty or anything similar.
      I don't think we will have those issues. Ours is two story reinforced concrete framework with steel roof structures and tile roof. We have in fact been there when it has been raining heavily to check for leaks and there are none we are pleased to say.

Comment

Originally posted by macvert View Post
        He fails to mention that the vast majority of real workers are from outside Bali ie Java & NTT ..... it is absolutely impossible for me to imagine the Balinese being productive & working more hours given the amount of endless ceremonies they attend ...... just as it is equally impossible for me to imagine how Bali has the highest educational pass rate of the country given the appalling rate of attendance by teachers due to the same endless ceremonies.

Typical Balinese, take all the credit from outsiders & give all the blame to outsiders.
        You are on the money there Macvert, we are sure the statistics exclude public holidays which is most of the time isn't it

Our workers are from Java and do work hard, harder than they should.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilippeD View Post
          You don't necessarely need to know a lot about construction for build your house in indo (or anywhere else)

Need to have a schedule before start the work for you can make you own follow up and add clause in the contract that would allow you to fire the contractor if too much late.
          In the west most of contract with a monetary penalty if late... Not sure you can work that out in indo!!!

Also is no school for electrician or plumber in indo, the employee doing those job have no idea at all of what they are doing.
          One thing sure... I will do my own electricity and plumbing in my house (one day). It can only be VERY better!
          Yes you are right PhilippeD, luckily our works supervisor is a great guy and refused to do the electrics because he is not qualified so an electrician had to be bought in from Denpasar to do the work.

And no, we have no penalties in the contract, not that I think it would have made any difference, the work would have just stopped when it all became too hard.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamVW View Post
            I don't think we will have those issues. Ours is two story reinforced concrete framework with steel roof structures and tile roof. We have in fact been there when it has been raining heavily to check for leaks and there are none we are pleased to say.
            I am glad to hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamVW View Post
              You are on the money there Macvert, we are sure the statistics exclude public holidays which is most of the time isn't it

No school, kids home again today .... Pagerwesi fucking Day, ceremonies for steel, machines, whatever, knives, you name it, razor blades, nuts & bolts, metal skull plates, iron lungs
              Last edited by macvert; 06-05-15, 20:07.
              The answer is 42 .... any questions? .

Comment

Originally posted by AdamVW
                I would just like to withdraw my early support for our builder listed above. It is now long after the completion date with big problems trying to have it completed.
                My advice to anyone considering building anything larger than a chicken coop - DO NOT USE Putu Suardana's company PT NAYAKA MANDIRI based in Denpasar.
                I would like to withdraw this earlier statement. While Pak Putu is struggling with unforseen complications, he is a man of honour and is committed to completing our project.

Kind regards

AdamVW
                Last edited by El_Goretto; 19-09-15, 20:20. Reason: mispelt word

Comment

So how did this go, Adam?
                  [FONT=arial black]
                  [/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by jstar View Post
                    So how did this go, Adam?
                    Hi jstar,

still waiting.............

Comment

And you planned to move in September last year? That sucks. I don't know what the issue is in your case but I do have the feeling the availability of workers on Bali is a real issue. A developer told me he is getting some huge machines for excavations as well as cranes since he can't afford to use the manpower for theses tasks anymore. As so often nowadays, he gets his workers from Java.
                      [FONT=arial black]
                      [/FONT]

Comment

Enough is enough, it is now 7 months since any work was last done on our project and 14 months since the contracted completion date.
                        After further promises to have it finished by 31 January just gone, with nothing done at all, we will commence legal proceedings against our builder PT. Nayaka Mandiri, JL. Tanjung Sari GG. Menuri I/9, Denpasar and its owner I Putu Suardana ST, to have the contract terminated and provide us with the opportunity to speak damages if we wish to.
                        It would be our considered opinion that anyone wishing to use the services of this company do so at their own risk.

Comment

Working...
                        X