Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally building our villa - Den Carik, Lovina, North Bali!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally building our villa - Den Carik, Lovina, North Bali!!

Hi all,

it has been some time since I visited the Forum but have been very busy with organising our Villa. We have finally started building on our land in Den Carik, in Lovina. We are very happy with our builder,I Putu Suardana ST of Pt. Nayaka Mandiri in Denpasar. A shameless plug for Putu, he has been wonderful helping us with the process and at a very very good price, so very happy to promote his company at www.nayakamandiri.com

The brickwork has commenced and anticipated completion date is early September at which point we will be in need of a good pembantu/groundskeeper/pool maintainer to live onsite. If anyone has a recommendation for someone they know in that area who is after such a job, please let me know. We have a lovely balinese lady managing our affairs up there and she will liaise for us.

We intend to rent the villa for holiday accommodation and use ourselves until we perhaps move there in 3 years.

Exciting times!! Any advice will be warmly accepted.

Adam & Indah
    The problem with Indonesia is, it's there and I'm here.

PT Barnum.
    Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

Are they good Jaime?

Comment

Originally posted by AdamVW View Post
        Are they good Jaime?
        There's one born every minute, or so it's said.

Comment

Well at the end of the day we have at least helped some poorer people of bali along the way

Comment

The weakness of Indonesian builder. Finishing. Structure always looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by Missnaughty View Post
              Hi Missnaughty, yes we are sure it will look pretty good when it is finished, just when we are not sure

Comment

The "very, very good price" not always means you will have your house build to high or even your own expected standards.

The only solution that comes to my mind is either you have knowledge about building house and can guide your builder on every step and check them all the time or no knowledge and you are on builder's mercy.

Why not using any "bule" building company? Is there none in Bali?

Comment

Originally posted by AdamVW View Post
                  Well at the end of the day we have at least helped some poorer people of bali along the way
                  Like the contractor?

Comment

May be of some note. From Jak Post today:

The National Bureau of Statistics (BPS) has noted that Bali is the province with the highest working hours in the country, which shows the reality that Balinese workers are workaholic and productive.
                    “Bali has the highest working hours. Workers in general work above the normal hours. They are hard workers,” head of the Bali BPS office Panusunan Siregar said in Denpasar on Wednesday.
                    - See more at: http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2....Bl9fLKet.dpuf

Comment

... Structure always looks good.
                      I disagree on this one. Houses in Indonesia don't look like they are build to last for years, they look like you have to destroy them and build new ones every 5-10 years ( similar to changing cars in Europe).

I have seen so many houses with problems of leakage from the roof. Many had completely rotten timber structure with roof tiles falling off because of lack of support. I have seen it in mansions and villas ending up on new build developer's houses. I think in Indonesia there is no roofing warranty or anything similar.

Comment

Not in ANY house that I have seen built. The pointing is horrendous on every house I see - usually, more cement and wider than the brick itself. The result is leaking as early as the house being finished. Structurally, walls are very thin, and the depth of foundation very small. Not for me.... but, each to their own.

Comment

Originally posted by johntap View Post
                          May be of some note. From Jak Post today:

The National Bureau of Statistics (BPS) has noted that Bali is the province with the highest working hours in the country, which shows the reality that Balinese workers are workaholic and productive.
                          “Bali has the highest working hours. Workers in general work above the normal hours. They are hard workers,” head of the Bali BPS office Panusunan Siregar said in Denpasar on Wednesday.
                          - See more at: http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2....Bl9fLKet.dpuf

He fails to mention that the vast majority of real workers are from outside Bali ie Java & NTT ..... it is absolutely impossible for me to imagine the Balinese being productive & working more hours given the amount of endless ceremonies they attend ...... just as it is equally impossible for me to imagine how Bali has the highest educational pass rate of the country given the appalling rate of attendance by teachers due to the same endless ceremonies.

Typical Balinese, take all the credit from outsiders & give all the blame to outsiders.
                          Last edited by macvert; 06-05-15, 17:06.
                          The answer is 42 .... any questions? .

Comment

Miss Naughty mean THEY believe their structure look good enough that it is no use to finish the house.

Here in samarinda you can find plenty of those unfinished house. The university campus is fill with structure of abandonned project... Or waiting for the next donation that may never come!
                            La motivation vient en se motivant ~ Motivation come by self-motivation

Comment

You don't necessarely need to know a lot about construction for build your house in indo (or anywhere else)

Need to have a schedule before start the work for you can make you own follow up and add clause in the contract that would allow you to fire the contractor if too much late.
                              In the west most of contract with a monetary penalty if late... Not sure you can work that out in indo!!!

Also is no school for electrician or plumber in indo, the employee doing those job have no idea at all of what they are doing.
                              One thing sure... I will do my own electricity and plumbing in my house (one day). It can only be VERY better!
                              La motivation vient en se motivant ~ Motivation come by self-motivation

Comment

Working...
                              X