Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My neighbor almost put his hands on me this morning!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sparky73 View Post
    hhhmm i wouldnt have done that, im sure he is honest but im sure he is also enjoying the chance to have a sniff round what you have that can be lifted from your house next time you are away and that local guy comes back

up to you though, you seem like a nice guy, innocent naive maybe trying to help everyone out, just be careful thats all i will say
    inviting people strangers to stay in your place seems unusual

is he staying there for his safety or for your safety? to protect you?
    i assume he is off duty today and doing this on his own time, not in lieu of his official duty on the gate, otherwise the other residents will be upset to know that the security detail is light tonight as one of them is kipping in your place on a personal job hahaha
    The chairman/ketua (i don't know the appropriate english title) ordered one of the off duty satpams to protect me, I think our satpams are trustable. And the securoty is actually tighter tonight, also I'd like to point out that the action of sanctioning that guy is fully backed by the residents. In fact it was discussed and unanimously agreed during the last HOA general meeting (that guy wasn't present of course).

The first time I accepted the position was because of my inability to say no. kinda regretting it now
    Last edited by Communion; 03-02-14, 11:18.

Comment

I was the treasurer for a HOA in the USA. As you have learned, its a thankless job and getting deadbeats to pay their dues is the worst part of this volunteer work. I don't know the law in Indonesia, but if the governing body of the association made the policy decision, I suspect it is granted the right under the law to make rules binding on the members and is able to enforce rules through its agents and employees, namely the security guy. Denying members use of the common areas of the community for which they have not paid seems to me to be entirely legitimate.

Sorry that you were the unlucky association officer who happened to be around when the deadbeat lost his tempore. If you have another encounter, I would suggest you tell him take up his complaint at the next board meeting, giving him the date, time and location before beating a quick retreat.

It is all too common for bluster and intimidation to be used to flaunt the rules, or gain undeserved advantage. Glad to hear your board had the balls to go after deadbeat members and I hope they follow through.
      Last edited by waarmstrong; 03-02-14, 11:48.

Comment

Agree with what Waarmy says.

what you need to do is know the contracts. Does the contract state there will be fees for living there? If so, who is responsible for payment of these fees? If it is the Home Owner and this person is not the home owner, you pretty much have no power over him. You keep saying that you and others have spoken to him but get nothing. If the responsible party is the Home Owner then it is they you should approach. It is there responsibility. Home owners will normally state in the lease that the renter is responsible for maintenance fees. If the renter doesn't pay them it is the responsibility of the home owner to pay them and then turn around and collect from the renter. So, first make sure you are approaching the right person. If the home owner hasn't been informed of the problem then perhaps it will be you explaining to them as to why you failed to inform the responsible people in the first place. Before you do anything else, know the contract.
        [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Regardless of who owns the property, who is eligable to pay this outstanding debt etc etc this does not give this prick the right to attack you physically.
          Personally i would make sure that every impedment is put in his way to make his life as made difficult as possible with regards to accessing the property.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterindo View Post
            regardless of who owns the property, who is eligable to pay this outstanding debt etc etc this does not give this prick the right to attack you physically.
            I dont think he did actually attack him?? "almost" and just shouting

personally i would make sure that every impedment is put in his way to make his life as made difficult as possible with regards to accessing the property.
            yes assuming it is actually his responsibility to pay it - how would you like it if someone stopped you entering your home for something that wasnt your fault

thats why op needs to check the contract and make sure who is responsible to pay
            also we only heard op side of the story, he admits also he got confrontational, so maybe there was provocation, just saying, young kid blocking entry to your home shouting about how he is the president of the hoa and can ban you from the complex etc etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by scooterindo View Post
              regardless of who owns the property, who is eligable to pay this outstanding debt etc etc this does not give this prick the right to attack you physically.

Personally i would make sure that every impedment is put in his way to make his life as made difficult as possible with regards to accessing the property.
              i dont think he did actually attack him?? "almost" and just shouting

yes assuming it is actually his responsibility to pay it - how would you like it if someone stopped you entering your home for something that wasnt your fault

thats why op needs to check the contract and make sure who is responsible to pay
              also we only heard op side of the story, he admits also he got confrontational, so maybe there was provocation, just saying, young kid blocking entry to your home shouting about how he is the president of the hoa and can ban you from the complex etc etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by sparky73 View Post
                how would you like it if someone stopped you entering your home for something that wasnt your fault
                How would i like it ?? Not very much to be honest and as the occupant of the property i would seek to clarify just who is responsible for this payment.
                I certainly wouldnt use violence to sort out the issue and would have ensured payments were sorted out when the first billing request was submitted.
                As much as used to love a good punch up in my younger days, i have matured a quite a bit now and realise violence rarely solves issues like this.

Comment

yeh i agree

Comment

Yeah i agree, first find out who is the one who has to pay the fee, in this case is the home owner and try to avoid any contact with the weird guy but if I were you maybe I will try to approach him again but in better manner, be a listener, listen what the reason behind his previous act and plan a better strategy in order to make peace with him, avoid confrontation, keep calm, show him that you are an educated man although I know it will be very hard to control our emotions especially when dealing with stubborn crazy weird people. Sometimes I just let it out and it got me migraine for weeks. But yes after I find out who is the home owner , I will also make peace with the trouble maker. A good neighbourhood also depends on the relation of members who live there
                    Last edited by Vie; 07-02-14, 15:24.
                    I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil.i'm just.. human

Comment

Working...
                    X