Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

evidently not.

Comment

Nothing wrong with being old, at least I hope not. Besides, give the newbie a break, Injun. No crime is commenting on threads that look interesting, regardless of age.

Comment

Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
        Nothing wrong with being old, at least I hope not. Besides, give the newbie a break, Injun. No crime is commenting on threads that look interesting, regardless of age.
        disagree, most forums frown on bumping old threads

eg:
        Old Threads/'Necro-Bumping'

Do your part to keep the forums tidy. Posting in old threads, or 'necrobumping' is generally discouraged in the technical issue subforums, since it can potentially create disjointed 'zombie' information; outdated posts with data which is no longer relevant due to Arch's rolling nature, combined with more recent posts reflecting more current circumstance. Further, technical support threads should remain succinct, and multiple pages are to be avoided if possible. If you judge that your information is related, but more up-to-date, start a new thread and link to the old if appropriate. If the information you are providing is already available in the wiki or covered in other topics you should refrain from posting. If you do decide to necrobump, ensure that the information is in fact relevant to the original, helpful, and does not create an excessively long, disjointed thread.

Comment

Thread necromancy is not a good practice and generally frowned upon by most online forums. The information might be outdated, the original participants might have left, and there is value in not opening old wounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Injun View Post
            Thread necromancy is not a good practice and generally frowned upon by most online forums. The information might be outdated, the original participants might have left, and there is value in not opening old wounds.
            All the posts are dated so no worries on the outdated front. Being a bit of a forum novice I'm not familiar with all the frowning and of course old wounds are the best - the Balkans, Northern Ireland, Armenia... don't mention the war!
            Last edited by lantern; 16-07-10, 00:26.
            "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

most posters do not check the date of a post before opening or reading it.

if there is no new information being added to a post, there is not read to bump it.

Simple really, there's already plenty of newer threads around to comment on.

Comment

Originally posted by kingwilly View Post
                evidently not.
                of coz not...
                what is so wrong with commenting for old thread?
                unless this topic is closed or something. but this is not even closed yet so anyone that just joined or inactive so long can hit with new comment again.

Comment

if it requires then i think the topic can be closed (there is a tool for that), otherwise, I think its not banned to comment on.

Comment

Whats wrong with farting in public?
                    [COLOR="white"]
                    its called bad manners troll[/COLOR]

Comment

Is it that 'time of the month', kingwilly? You seems so .... tense.
                      Always try to be modest. And be damn proud of it!

Comment

Originally posted by kingwilly View Post
                        Whats wrong with farting in public?
                        [COLOR="white"]
                        its called bad manners troll[/COLOR]
                        hehe.....
                        i know maybe in online rooms u usually talk in "sinis" way.....
                        btw, i dont want to serve ur teasings and chillis comments anymore, or from people like u. so such a wasting time!
                        maybe u talk that way to heat up the room. but it also drains my energy.
                        although im might be younger than u, i let u and people like u win
                        and also becoz i live in democracy. u can talk and have ur mind, i have the right to use it too, with respect to other.
                        not to quarrel or argueing useless thing that drains my energy and my mood .

Have a gud day. u have commented in the old thread too anyway
                        like people that tell other people to shut up but they at least also joining talking too.....

Comment

Originally posted by angelapowiro View Post
                          if it requires then i think the topic can be closed (there is a tool for that), otherwise, I think its not banned to comment on.
                          The angel has a point. Why not close the thread? If it's not closed then it's open unless it's resting or waiting to be revived or something....
                          "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
                          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by lantern View Post
                            The angel has a point. Why not close the thread? If it's not closed then it's open unless it's resting or waiting to be revived or something....
                            The key element being if the poster has something new or relevant to add...

and also becoz i live in democracy. u can talk and have ur mind, i have the right to use it too, with respect to other.
                            not to quarrel or argueing useless thing that drains my energy and my mood .
                            Sigh.

You asked the question, if you cannot garner the answer from that rhetorical question then you need to work on your comprehension also.
                            [COLOR="white"]
                            personally i think you're a weak assed troll.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Carrot Cake View Post
                              Is it that 'time of the month', kingwilly? You seems so .... tense.
                              not at all dear,

you'll all know when i do !

Comment

Commenting on an old thread occurs so infrequently. If nobody was interested in going further with it other than the original bumper then it would just go back to sleep. Better to start a thread talking about how one doesn't like threads being bumped than joining in on the newly bumped old thread one is criticizing being bumped. I'd say its dumb but that might imply the person criticizing is dumb and that isn't allowed nor what Im saying so I won't and didn't, kind of.

Comment

Working...
                                X