Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registering a second marriage in Indonesia

Salam O Alaikum

I am planning to marry an Indonesian woman. This would be my second marriage in presence of the first.

I am currently not in Indonesia and I would like to know if the Indonesian laws allow an Indonesian national's spouse to get a residency.

If anyone can refer me to someone who has gone through this process or any company that helps in this procedure, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Originally posted by zoommember View Post
    (1) ...This would be my second marriage in presence of the first.

(2) ...I would like to know if the Indonesian laws allow an Indonesian national's spouse to get a residency...

(1) See below the related part of the Law .

(2) Allow . One year temporary residency , then after 2 year of the marriage , 5 years permanent residency . Your kids can also get residency untill they reach 18 years old or marry .

UU no.1 Year 1974 (Indonesian Marriage Law) - not the official translation
    Article 4
    (1) In the event that a husband want to have more than one wife, as stated in Article 3 paragraph (2) of this Law, then he is obliged to submit an application to the Indonesian Court in the area where he lives.
    (2) The Court referred to in paragraph (1) of this article will only give permission to the husband who want to have more than one wife if:
    a. the wife cannot carry out her obligations as a wife;
    b. the wife has a disability or an incurable disease;
    c. the wife cannot bear children.
    Article 5
    (1) In order to be able to submit an application to the Court as referred to in Article 4 paragraph (1) of this Law , he must meet the following requirements:
    a. there is the consent of the wife/wives;
    b. there is certainty that the husband is able to guarantee the needs of his wives and children.
    c. there is a guarantee that the husband will treat his wives and children fairly .
    (2) ...

Marriage Outside Indonesia
    Article 56
    (1) A marriage outside Indonesia between two Indonesian citizens or an Indonesian citizen and a foreigner is only validated in Indonesia if it is carried out according to the laws in force in the country where the marriage is taking place and does not violate the provisions of this Indonesian Law .

Comment

Working...
    X