Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kartu Keluarga KK Family Card - Mixed Marriages

Hello all!
    Forgive me if this has been already asked, but I did a search and couldn't find what a clear answer. I am trying to get both myself and my two sons listed on my wife's KK. Our situation is unique, so the RT/RW and CS are giving us the "no, cannot" answer. My assumption is that they simply don't know what to do, so they say they cannot. Here's the situation, in chronological order:
    • I married my ex wife here in Indonesia back in 2003.
    • My eldest son born in the US to my ex
    • My youngest son born in Indonesia to my ex
    • My ex never put either son on her KK. She also never listed me on her KK.
    • Both sons have Affidavit cards - they are listed as both Indonesian and American citizens, and do not need a KITAS
    • My ex and I divorced
    • I later remarried, and have been on KITAS/working visas the entire time (since my youngest was born) (never moved to ITAP)
    • I am trying to get the vaccine for my sons, but they need a NIK. They get this by being listed on a KK. I am having trouble getting them listed on a KK because The RT/RW says I cannot be listed on my wife's KK, and because of that, he cannot list my sons.
    My sons cannot get the vaccine right now because they do not have a NIK, whereby they cannot get it as an Indonesian. They do not have a KITAS, so they cannot get it as a foreigner. 

My wife and I have been working on this for weeks now, and everyone keeps giving us the run-around. "I can't do it." Funny enough, they said they could when they asked for their "administration fee." I have read posts in other forums where people were successful in doing this, but most of them are 5+ years old, and often in districts outside of Jakarta. 

Any help/insight/wisdom would be appreciated.

Originally posted by GabrielM View Post
    (1) My ex never put either son on her KK...

(2) I am trying to get the vaccine for my sons, but they need a NIK...My sons cannot get the vaccine right now because they do not have a NIK

(3) I am having trouble getting them listed on a KK because The RT/RW says I cannot be listed on my wife's KK, and because of that, he cannot list my sons...

(1) In my view , this was the main problem . Can't you ask her to do it now ? I guess there is no major problem having your children in her KK but living with you .

(2) I guess your children can get the vaccine with a Surat Domisili (plus maybe the birth certificate or the Affidavit) insteady of the NIK .

(3) I am not 100% sure but I think the RT/RW are right in saying your children cannot be in your wife's KK , except if your wife legally adopts your children (which requires a Justice Court decision) . From what I understand , your children should be listed in your ex-wife's KK from the beginning .

Notes :
    - You (holding an e-ITAS/KITAP) are not eligible to a KK , according to the Law .
    - Recently I learned that the NIK seems to be also required for attending a school in Indonesia , it didn't happened with your kids ?

Comment

Working...
    X