No announcement yet.

Marrying a pregnant Indonesian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You mean, by doing the math she was sleeping with someone else while she was with him too?
    Or another possibility from the description is that she is due in 2 months, so he met her, introduced her to his entire family, and decided to marry her all within a couple months?

This person came to ask if it was ok to commit American immigration fraud and jeopardize the future of the child he wants to raise as his own. Judgment?

Comment

The folks at the US Embassy are wise to this type of situation. They require that both parents and the child are present at the interview. The visual observation of the child should be OK as the bio father is American (assumed white).

I expect they will be curious about a marriage of, say, 3 months ago and the child is born shortly after the marriage date.

I recently went through the process for our 2nd child and they do ask tricky questions. Make sure that what you say when sitting the interview is the same as what you put down on the application.

Our first child was born in 2001 and the process was short and sweet. Not the same now.

Main thing is that, as stated in the process requirements, if there is ANY question about the validity, they will request a DNA test which would throw your story right out the window.

Good luck.
      Last edited by Gray Dog; 12-10-15, 09:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Gray Dog View Post
        The folks at the US Embassy are wise to this type of situation. They require that both parents and the child are present at the interview. The visual observation of the child should be OK as the bio father is American (assumed white).

I expect they will be curious about a marriage of, say, 3 months ago and the child is born shortly after the marriage date.

I recently went through the process for our 2nd child and they do ask tricky questions. Make sure that what you say when sitting the interview is the same as what you put down on the application.

Our first child was born in 2001 and the process was short and sweet. Not the same now.

Main thing is that, as stated in the process requirements, if there is ANY question about the validity, they will request a DNA test which would throw your story right out the window.

Good luck.
        I'd guess there are many late term marriages in Indonesia. I doubt the embassy would be surprised at much.
        Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

Not surprised, but aware and diligent in their processing and interview procedures.

Comment

Originally posted by ScooterIndo View Post
            Marry a pregnant Indonesian even though you're not the father of the child ??? Am I going to be the first one to actually ask why the fuck would you do that ??
            You beat me to it.

If you ask me to elaborate, first thing first it's nasty. Why? Because she might actually just be using you to save her face. I'm sure you're aware of the custom in Indonesia that being pregnant outside of marriage is an awful embarrasment to the family, and herself too.
            Second thing, you will have to take care of that child otherwise you might be accused of abandoning 'your' child in the future. But meh, good luck anyway.

Comment

Working...
            X