Married in an indonesian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Married in an indonesian

Hi I'm hoping someone can help me I'm getting married to my partner in Java next yr,he is Muslim and I'm no religion so I'm going to convert to Muslim ,I'm English but an Australian citizen also what paper work do we need to get married and is it easier to get someone to help us with it all.
    Hope you guys can help us.

Help yourself by taking the time to actually read the thousands of posts on the subject _ everything you need to know is in previous threads. Jangan Malas Boh !!!

Comment

Muslim man is permitted to have a non-Muslim wife. However, getting an actual marriage cert in Indonesia for that is impossible AFAIK.

To have mixed/different religions marry, it is necessary to wed outside Indonesia, get the local RI embassy to "legalize" (stamp) the marriage cert, then bring the cert to the Civil Registry (Catatan Sipil) office in your husband's local area in Java. Generally, straightforward and very low official fees.

BTW, although Indonesia permits polygamy, you can get a civil registration for only ONE spouse.

Comment

If you are sure you *want* to convert, then you should read relevant posts in other threads, as suggested by Scooter. In particular, do some research about what your husband's family will expect of you in terms of behavior, rituals, upbringing of children (type of school), etc. Look before you leap.

Comment

Originally posted by martindo View Post
          To have mixed/different religions marry, it is necessary to wed outside Indonesia, get the local RI embassy to "legalize" (stamp) the marriage cert, then bring the cert to the Civil Registry (Catatan Sipil) office in your husband's local area in Java. Generally, straightforward and very low official fees.
          There is a time limit for this (six months from arrival back in Indonesia?). But the Registry is flexible.

Comment

Originally posted by johntap View Post
            There is a time limit for this (six months from arrival back in Indonesia?). But the Registry is flexible.
            I don't think there is a time limit but the cost of coffee goes up every month past the first 30 days when you were supposed to register it without a fine.
            [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

It's 30 days alright. And the fine for late registration at the Catatan Sipil, as far as I remember, is maximum 1 juta. But there could be additional local fees.
              [FONT=arial black]
              [/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by jstar View Post
                But there could be additional local fees.
                No. It's the other way round. Local regulations can only decrease the maximum of 1 jt fee for late registration. Being of lower hierarchy a PerDa can NOT contradict an UU and the UU says "maximum 1 jt".

Comment

Working...
                X