Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need advice for mixed marriage

hi,I'm Shanty,an Indonesian citizen.

I'm planning for my wedding on next year around to my fiancee (British citizen),we're both moslem.

He's currently working here at Jakarta. We've already planned our wedding and prepared the papers needed (from his embassy and also from my side).

But we're having trouble in getting a letter from the police station where he lives, stating that he does lives at the house he's renting for the last year. They said they'll need a letter from the 'Kelurahan',the local civil government office.

Now the problem is the kelurahan can't provide the letter since he doesn't have a KTP,and suggested to go to the Immigration or to the Civil Registration Agency.

Can anyone help me out here? How can we get the letter from the police so we can register the wedding?

Appreciate your help,guys

Can you tell us what kind of visa or permit (e.g. KITAS, SosBud, ...) he is using to reside in the country?

If he's working here he theoretically should be on a KITAS; then it is rather straight forward. And he should have something similar to a KTP. But not via the police (no STM, no SKLD).

You can also contact the Pak RT and have him make a statement of domicile; this can be used for the Kelurahan.
    Last edited by jstar; 15-12-14, 14:19. Reason: They probably mean STM; not required anymore
    [FONT=arial black]
    [/FONT]

Comment

KITAS holders (he is one, right?) are supposed to register with the Catatan Sipil and get a KTP-OA. Could lead to other problems if he doesn't. Seems like they are making reasonable requests. Just do it.

Edit: Bolded text is incorrect. Corrected in post #8.
      Last edited by Happyman; 15-12-14, 20:49.

Comment

hi,jstar & happyman. he's a KITAS holder.

Comment

isn't the Catatan Sipil for ones that's not a non-moslem that need to register there?

Comment

That's only for marriage; for Muslims the KUA arranges everything (religious and civil part), for other religions it's the religious organization and the Catatan Sipil.

But a foreigner residing here has nothing to do with KUA or so. The Catatan Sipil is the civil registry.
            [FONT=arial black]
            [/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by shanty_84 View Post
              isn't the Catatan Sipil for ones that's not a non-moslem that need to register there?
              No, not that. The Catatan Sipil is for getting the KTP, which he needs to get the Surat Domisili, which he needs so...

Comment

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think you get a KTP orang asing when you've only got a KITAS. I think you get the KTP orang asing if/when you get a KITAP. When you're on a KITAS you're supposted to get a SKTT (Surat Keterengan Temapat Tanggal)See here: http://www.expat.or.id/info/catatans...istration.html

Comment

Originally posted by Indo2000 View Post
                  When you're on a KITAS you're supposted to get a SKTT (Surat Keterengan Temapat Tanggal)See here: http://www.expat.or.id/info/catatans...istration.html
                  Yep, like I said:
                  [COLOR=#333333]And he should have something similar to a KTP.[/COLOR]
                  and if he has this with the SKSKPS, registration at the CatSip is done...
                  Last edited by jstar; 15-12-14, 20:34. Reason: As far as I remember, the map of Indonesia on the front is orange instead of green...
                  [FONT=arial black]
                  [/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Indo2000 View Post
                    I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think you get a KTP orang asing when you've only got a KITAS. I think you get the KTP orang asing if/when you get a KITAP. When you're on a KITAS you're supposted to get a SKTT (Surat Keterengan Temapat Tanggal)See here: http://www.expat.or.id/info/catatans...istration.html
                    Yeah, you're probably right... I can't say I remember what stuff I got from them. It was more a matter of "What papers do you (CatSip) need? ... Here they are... Thanks, see you next week." (with lots of additional time wasting not related to the paperwork) It's dead easy. Just show up with all your papers, say you got your KITAS and want to registeryourself, let them pick what papers they want, go home.

Just found the photocopy. It is SKTT. Still the same process for the OP's fiance though, no? Whoever asks for the KTP will see the SKTT, realize it is the analog for KTP, and they can get on with the process.
                    Last edited by Happyman; 16-12-14, 03:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Happyman View Post
                      Yeah, you're probably right... I can't say I remember what stuff I got from them. It was more a matter of "What papers do you need? ... Here they are... Thanks, see you next week." (with lots of additional time wasting not related to the paperwork) Just found the photocopy. It is SKTT. Still the same process for the OP's fiance though, no? Whoever asks for the KTP will see the SKTT, realize it is the analog for KTP, and they can get on with the process.
                      You no longer need the SKTT.
                      Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaime C View Post
                        Thanks, Jaime... What is the new document denoting the residence of a KITAS holder in a given location, requested and received from the Catatan Sipil for the aforementioned purpose? (It's got to be the same exact function, different set of LETTERS)

Again, advice to the OP is still the same, no? Fiance should go to Catatan Sipil and request/receive all appropriate and available documents, then bring all the documents received from the Catatan Sipil to the office of the Lurah to get that damned Surat Domisili.
                        Last edited by Happyman; 16-12-14, 07:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaime C View Post
                          Are you sure?

I know you don't need the SKLD (Surat Keterengan lapor Diri) or the STM (Surat Tanda Melapor) from the Police anymore, and the blue book has been made redundant, but I haven't heard anything about the SKTT.

EDIT: OK, I just saw this. http://www.expat.or.id/info/docs.html#SKPPS You no longer need it if you live in Jakarta. (UPDATE: Only true if you're working. Thanks Jstar.)

Also, it says here: http://www.expat.or.id/info/docs.html#SKLD that you still need the STM. According to Atlantis you don't:

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...l=1#post370682
                          Last edited by Indo2000; 16-12-14, 18:33. Reason: Add relevant information.

Comment

There is no need for the person providing housing to the foreigner to report to the police so there is no STM anymore.

Also, there is no need for the foreigner to report to the police so there is no SKLD anymore (this also looked a bit like a KTP, is was another ID card).

SKTT falls under the responsibility of the district/city. I heard that Jakarta would stop providing this but at Immigration they told me it was only annuled for people who officially work. So as far as I know it still exists.
                            [FONT=arial black]
                            [/FONT]

Comment

This is a good link: http://m.hukumonline.com/klinik/deta...gal-untuk-wna-
                              [FONT=arial black]
                              [/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                              X