Marrying Muslim Girlfriend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johntap View Post
    You may wish to have a look at these articles. The issue has come up again lately.

Senin, 06 Oktober 2014 Menunggu Solusi Konstitusi atas Problematika Kawin Beda Agama
    Perkawinan beda agama terus menuai persoalan hukum. Pangkal persoalannya adalah Pasal 2 ayat (1) UU Perkawinan. Kini sedang diuji menggunakan perspektif konstitusi.

Perkawinan beda agama belum bisa dilaksanakan di Indonesia

Post. By Joko | 23 Oktober 2014 | 10:50:31 | 273 ViewsMuhammadiyah menegaskan hukum positif Indonesia tidak mewadahi dan tak mengakui perkawinan beda agama. Hal ini diungkapkan Kepala Divisi Hukum Muhammadiyah, Saiful Bahri, saat memberi keterangan sebagai Pihak Terkait dalam sidang pengujian UU Nomor 1/1974 tentang Perkawinan di Mahkamah Konstitusi, Jakarta, Rabu (22/10).
    "Perkawinan tersebut (beda agama) tidak bisa dilakukan dan didaftarkan secara Islam, yaitu KUA," kata Saiful Bahri di depan majelis haik MK yang diketuai Hamdan Zoelva.
    Dia juga menegaskan bahwa Pasal 2 ayat (1) UU Perkawinan tidak mencerminkan adanya pelanggaran hak azasi manusia dan hak konstitusional warga negara yang didalilkan oleh lima Mahasiswa dan alumnus Fakultas Hukum Universitas Indonesia sebagai pemohon.
    - See more at: http://www.peradi.or.id/index.php/be....8f683Iqi.dpuf
    Thanks for the update. Personally, seems like it's a bit more trouble than it's worth. If the government's preference is for fake conversions of religion, they'll be the norm. Render unto Caesar... Is it allowed to change your religion more than once...? Does changing your religion entail other difficulties (changing KTP/KK/DLL)? Is there some reason why we on the forums all assume that the foreigner will convert to Islam, rather than the local converting to Christianity or whatever?

Comment

Originally posted by Happyman View Post
      Thanks for the update. Personally, seems like it's a bit more trouble than it's worth. If the government's preference is for fake conversions of religion, they'll be the norm. Render unto Caesar... Is it allowed to change your religion more than once...? Does changing your religion entail other difficulties (changing KTP/KK/DLL)? Is there some reason why we on the forums all assume that the foreigner will convert to Islam, rather than the local converting to Christianity or whatever?
      Mr Bule is the best man to ask I would suggest. I do wonder how a devout muslim woman feels when their husband is a nominally converted muslim. I have no direct experience of this.

Comment

Mr Bule is the best man to ask I would suggest. I do wonder how a devout muslim woman feels when their husband is a nominally converted muslim. I have no direct experience of this.
        How exactly would you define or describe a "nominally converted" Muslim, john, as opposed to simply a mualaf (one who has converted to Islam from another religion or non-religious status)? And why would you describe me thusly?

Try putting it in very plain and simple words, so I can understand, and please be forewarned that my "reactions" may hinge on the answer to this question.
        Last edited by Mister Bule; 04-11-14, 22:13.
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Warden: "What we got here ... is failure to communicate."

The Dude: "Oh yeah? Well that's just, like, your opinion, man."[/FONT]

Comment

I am sorry if that is the way you feel. Any discussion about relevance on this matter is a waste of time. Let the OP decide in his own sweet time what he wishes to take from this thread. Yours or mine. I admit I do tend to stretch the relevance limit with a lot of my comments on many threads, and this would be a fair comment many would make of me.
          I'll leave it to the moderators to decide what to make of this thread (if anything), how's that?

So you feel stalked?
          Let me put it this way: in recent weeks, I have come to a suspicion that you might have developed a mild ... shall we say, for kindness' sake , preoccupation with Mister Bule and his posts on this forum ...

It seems to me that you are only kind to those who are "in the club", and can't handle it when someone makes the slightest comment about your private life, which you spray across this forum for no reason that I can see.
          I think I find it much easier to be kind to those who don't annoy the #@$ out of me (intentionally or not). I dunno who's "in the club" or not in it, so I can't really comment on that. As for relating personal stories on this forum (regardless of my reasons for doing so), well, your implication that that is not such a good idea may have some merit, and I will re-consider the issue.
          [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Warden: "What we got here ... is failure to communicate."

The Dude: "Oh yeah? Well that's just, like, your opinion, man."[/FONT]

Comment

Working...
          X