Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

about Surat Tanda Bukti Lapor Perkawinan asli (overseas wed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about Surat Tanda Bukti Lapor Perkawinan asli (overseas wed)

I'ld like to ask about '[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#000000]Surat Tanda Bukti Lapor Perkawinan asli [/COLOR][/FONT]' for overseas wed. Where to get that?
    Can we use the marriage certificate that is translate and register in the country where we get married or need another letter from the KBRI?

I don't know about the name of the document , but see below what you need to do (register the marriage certificate at the Indonesian Embassy , then in Indonesia) . Better check , at the Indonesian Embassy , to know the details .

(partial copy of the info at http://www.expat.or.id/info/gettingm...indonesia.html)
    [..Indonesian citizens who have married abroad (outside Indonesia) are obligated to register with an appropriate Indonesian government consular office (consulate or embassy) in the country where the marriage took place, in order to report this marriage officially to the Indonesian government.
    A report must also be made to the appropriate government authority in your hometown in Indonesia in order to assure that your marriage is legal under Indonesian law. If you are Muslim, you report your overseas marriage to the Kantor Urusan Agama (KUA) in Indonesia, if you are from another religion, you report to the Catatan Sipil in the hometown of the Indonesian spouse. Without reporting in this way, you are not considered married by the Indonesian government! This should be done, at the latest, 30 days after the Indonesian citizen returns to Indonesia. The fine for a late registration is of a maximum of IDR 1.000.000 and is further regulated by regional regulations...]

Last edited by marcus; 26-07-12, 15:08.

Comment

I just got my Surat bukti lapor perkawinan 2 weeks ago. You married overseas but did you married with foreigner? If so you have to report your married at Dinas Kependudukan Dan Catatan Sipil (Kantor Pusat) at Jl. S.Parman next to hotel Boutique ( the other side of Mal Taman Anggrek). If both of you are Indonesian married overseas, you just need to go to Kantor Catatan Sipil where you live ( based on your KTP). The different between Kantor Catatan Sipil Pusat is specially married withforeigner; meanwhile Kantor Catatan Sipil District if borh of you Indonesian but married overseas, you have to report within 1 year after the date of your marriage. At Catatan Sipil you will get a paper Surat lapor Perkawinan Luar Negeri, it takes 1 week only and you pay Rp.50 thousand for each. Just prepare all document. Specially passport with immigration stamp when you guys arrived in Jakarta.

Comment

Hi Japany, sorry to interupt your thread..

Hi Tinypie,
        Can you elaborate ? Im a WNI and going to marry a WNA overseas, so I have to go to S parman, but can you list the documents that I need to bring to S Parman & How much is the Fee ? is it also Rp 50 thousand ? An agent offers me 700.000, which i think its wayyy tooo steep...
        I've been looking for the info in the web (tried to phone S parman but so far no luck) but the information varies alot. So really appreciate it if you could post here ?

Thanks so muchh !!

Comment

Originally posted by Tinypie View Post
          ...You married overseas but did you married with foreigner? If so you have to report your married at Dinas Kependudukan Dan Catatan Sipil (Kantor Pusat) at Jl. S.Parman next to hotel Boutique ( the other side of Mal Taman Anggrek). If both of you are Indonesian married overseas, you just need to go to Kantor Catatan Sipil where you live ( based on your KTP). The different between Kantor Catatan Sipil Pusat is specially married withforeigner; meanwhile Kantor Catatan Sipil District if borh of you Indonesian but married overseas, you have to report within 1 year after the date of your marriage. At Catatan Sipil you will get a paper Surat lapor Perkawinan Luar Negeri, it takes 1 week only and you pay Rp.50 thousand for each. Just prepare all document. Specially passport with immigration stamp when you guys arrived in Jakarta.
          Is this true?

First of all the reporting limit was changed from 1 year to 30 days.

Also, is there really a difference in reporting? Isn't it ALWAYS the local Catatan Sipil (where the WNI spouse resides)?
          [FONT=arial black]
          [/FONT]

Comment

From my experience, you first have to report to the KBRI in the country where you get married. You will get a letter from there. And then, you will have to report this to the Catatan Sipil on Jl. S.Parman (this covers all of Jakarta area, I think). You will need to bring the document that the KBRI gave you, along with a bunch of other documents and a photo (like a passport photo) but with both of you in one picture. This needs to be done within 30 days of your first entry to Indonesia after the marriage. If not, they will fine you I think up to Rp. 1 jt. I was a few years late and I think I paid only Rp. 50 thousand or so. The worker at CaPil office of course tried to extort some money of me (she asked for Rp. 200 rb I think) but I refused and then I got it done anyways all by myself. The other people are quite helpful. The phone number I have for them is 566-2296. I'm not sure if that is still valid though. Good luck!

Comment

jstar, sometimes in Indonesia what you read in the paper it is not always as same as a fact. I read from the Catatan sipil Jakarta website about the rules and then I called to make sure it is a same. But, it is like what I think, different. Always, money involved. Sad actually, I married in Japan only 2 days and spend only 250,000 rupiahs at KBRI in order to get Marriage certificate and I paid through machine not a staff. It is so easy and fast, no corruption. And DONE. Here I asked the fee for the certificate it is very very expensive US$5000 do you believe it?

Comment

Scuba,
                I PM you for information you need. My advice better you do your self, as long as you have document. You only pay 100,000 for both of you!

Comment

Hi All,

Just a quick update, in case someone is still needed.
                  I got married in Australia with a celebrant. Got the temporary marriage certificate in the same day.
                  Next day i took that temporary certificate the Indonesian Consulate, to register the marriage there (fill in a form requesting "Petikan Buku Daftar Pernikahan").

Document needed :
                  - Original (just to be shown)+ Copy of certificate of marriage
                  - Original (just to be shown) + Copy of My passport & his passport
                  - copy of my Australian Visa
                  - photo of both of us in 1 frame, 4x6
                  - Fee : AUD 25 (payment can be by credit card or EFTPOS at the consulate)
                  - processing time : approx 5 days (mine was done in 4 days, the KJRI called me to pick up.. how nice )

When i am back in Jakarta, i went to Dinas Kependudukan & Pencatatan Sipil, Jl Sparman No 7, Jkt (the office location is between a hotel and Universitas Tarumanegara)

The document submitted :
                  - Original + Copy Petikan Buku Daftar Pernikahan
                  - Copy marriage Certificate
                  - Copy of my passport + copy of his passport
                  - Copy of arrival stamp in Indonesia
                  - Copy of my KTP, Kartu Keluarga, Birth Certificate
                  - Picture of us in 1 frame (red background 4 x 6) : 4
                  - Original & copy of PreNup agreement (2 originals , 2 copies)
                  - Fee paid : Rp 50,000. (fees are posted on the wall, Registering a marriage certificate falls under "pencatatan peristiwa penting WNA").
                  - Processing time : supposedly 10 days ..

Regulation for this is Governor Regulation No 93/2012 (PERATURAN GUBERNUR PROVINSI DAERAH KHUSUS IBUKOTA JAKARTANOMOR 93 TAHUN 2012), in case the catatan sipil person is not cooperative.

PS :
                  - dont come on Friday .. my 1st visit is on friday and the woman there is not cooperative, asking me some documents that it is not listed in the governor regulation.
                  my 2nd visit on monday 2 weeks later, with a different woman, went smoothly.
                  - Do bring the originals in case they insists on it to be shown.
                  - Do bring a copy of every document of your partner, including birth certificate & passport (it was not in the governor regulation but they ask it anyway).

My document is submitted, and now waiting for the 10 days to pick up..wish me luckk

Comment

Hi Scubagirl,

How are you doing? Glad everything done well on your marriage matter here!
                    Congratulation again!

Comment

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...arried+bangkok

These 2 links cover getting married to a foreginer abroad/ different religion.

http://indoukmarriagethailand.blog.c...riagethailand/
                      Cicak Magnet

Comment

I think we paid 300k at the Catatan Sipil because for some reason we wanted it quickly. But I would agree that is a place where they will always ask you for extra money, and you don't need to pay it, although if you don't then just double check that they haven't put some deliberate mistakes in there, and you may end up with a lack of cooperation on their side which is worth bearing in mind.

Comment

Working...
                        X