This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jake Powell View Post
    Yeah I know the odds will play out better if these were sold international. There is a bigger market and there are bigger players. But this forum also has the network I assume. Actually I joined because of a reference.
    Prices do vary for different keys but I didn't get these outside the country I got them here and the government wants to tax you with everything they got for any luxury goods.

About fakes, well, haven't seen any. Hoping to sell these before any fakes are made anyway. I'll even trade for these if the value of the trade item meets.
    Even high security, limited edition keys can be gotten by legitimate owners. In the US, I've never seen one that costs over $300, and I'm in the business.
    Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

Originally posted by rabbit_39 View Post
      Errr... If you bought one of these cars and worry about diminishing value that means you can't afford it to begin with.

Plus I'm purchasing these cars not as a status symbol. It is because I enjoy driving them. Maybe not every day in Jakarta traffic. The clutch on these things are both stiff and very sensitive. That's why I'm glad for the paddle shifters with dual clutch trannies on the newer cars.

Luxury cars... I'm not into those. That's why I didn't mention any of the luxury cars. Plus most luxury cars are cheaper than a proper sports car.
      Uh yes.. exactly my point. Just the SSC part smelled of sarcasm

Originally posted by Jaime C View Post
      Even high security, limited edition keys can be gotten by legitimate owners. In the US, I've never seen one that costs over $300, and I'm in the business.
      I'm well aware of the cost of such keys outside the country. Have seen 458 keys on sale for $250-400 in that range.
      Different country different matter. Sports cars here cost 2-3x more why isn't this part of the argument. Yet they still sell.
      Last edited by Jake Powell; 12-08-14, 00:06.

Comment

Uh yes.. exactly my point. Just the SSC part smelled of sarcasm
        What is ssc?

Comment

Yea Gallardos are a poor fit for most Indonesian roads. It doesn't surprise me that happened. I sold mine as soon as I bought it at a loss because it's too dangerous to drive. Unlike Ferraris, Lotus, or what I ended up getting instead, the Mclaren, heck even Jaguars if you want to go low end, most Lambos are not meant to go react quickly to direction changes. Actually next year I'll probably end up with an SSC Ultimate Aero, now that's a great car for Indonesian roads.

Sorry about your friend losing his Gallardo, next time make sure he gets a safe car. By safe I mean performance wise, most cars are pretty safe in an accident these days. Even a Toyota Avanza is safer than a 1970s Lambo.
          What is ssc?
          The car. There are none in Indonesia.

Comment

Buy one on Ebay for 50 bucks: http://www.ebay.com/itm/LAMBORGHINI-...b06ce5&vxp=mtr

Comment

I'm well aware of the cost of such keys outside the country. Have seen 458 keys on sale for $250-400 in that range.
              Different country different matter. Sports cars here cost 2-3x more why isn't this part of the argument. Yet they still sell.
              There are a couple of things wrong with bringing this fact into the argument - first of all, if the cars (something you can actually use and "show off with in a real sense") cost 2-3x more, why a decorative key should cost almost 10 times the low end of your range, and even 5 times the high end? Also, there is a huge difference in a key - if someone really wants such a key, they can easily take a nice trip "outside the country" for 22jt, get the key for $250 and put it in their pocket and come back....can't do that with the actual car.....

Comment

Originally posted by BAJakarta View Post
                There are a couple of things wrong with bringing this fact into the argument - first of all, if the cars (something you can actually use and "show off with in a real sense") cost 2-3x more, why a decorative key should cost almost 10 times the low end of your range, and even 5 times the high end? Also, there is a huge difference in a key - if someone really wants such a key, they can easily take a nice trip "outside the country" for 22jt, get the key for $250 and put it in their pocket and come back....can't do that with the actual car.....
                Uhh.. okay then do that. Surprised to see no one here actually asked how much it cost and more importantly how much had to be paid. But okay.
                Doesn't matter I've had a couple emails already so far on offers.

Also, how hard is it to find a genuine key? I'm talking about the Aventador. This hasn't been in the equation.

Comment

The car. There are none in Indonesia.
                  Not yet. Why would you say it smells of sarcasm? I haven't really got it yet. As I said in my msg I MAY end up with it NEXT YEAR. It is being discussed right now. If my grades are good my parents will probably get me one.

Comment

Not yet. Why would you say it smells of sarcasm? I haven't really got it yet. As I said in my msg I MAY end up with it NEXT YEAR. It is being discussed right now. If my grades are good my parents will probably get me one.
                    Uhh eeh err umm.. ok.

Comment

Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
                      Wow that looks very familiar to the actual key you get when you buy the actual Aventador. Nice find. I wonder if it has the fob attached to it..

Comment

Well won't you look at that.. an infraction point. I wonder if anyone here has actually done anything meaningful in their lives than to assume I'm scamming. Actually I can't believe just how shallow and fragile the members here are.
                        Are they really like that in real life or is it just on this forum?? Amazing. And here I am bombarded with questions and suspicions just by selling something that doesn't even cost nearly as much as a watch or jewellery that some of you collect. And the most important part is.. no one here even knows the item I'm selling.. so why are you assuming you know better by shoving around $50 OEM keys for sale from some used car dealership or a lecture on sports cars that nobody here even drives.

If I sell something, I am looking for a sale. And that it is, to people who know the item I'm selling. If I sell a 450jt Audemars Piguet ROO watch will I also get bombarded by know-it-all's saying I'm pricing them too much? Curious.
                        Please, go away. This is my item, my sale. If you don't like it, carry on with your lives. I don't have time arguing against the entire forum.

Comment

Let's face it Jake. You came on here to sell because you figure this forum is full of Expats and as everyone knows, Expats have lots of money they throw around carelessly buying things they know nothing about. It was you that decided to offer this to a small and what you feel is a representation of the money. If you really thought your item had as much value as you say you would have expanded your marketing audience. You could have listed it locally in the sell sites. Maybe release some of the social climbers of their cash. They don't worry about investments, just the image. You could have listed in on EBay to reach the international market and using the excuse of not wanting to deal with international shipping is a pretty lame excuse. The dealing on the shippers part is minimal and the buyer would be paying the cost.

How does anyone actually know it's not a fake? Do you have some type of documents addressing it's authenticity? Perhaps something from the keyfob club stating it's value? If you want this kind of price for something you have an obligation to verify it's value. Whatever you paid for it has no bearing on it's value except only to you. You really have some homework to do if you want to sell any collector item. If you don't think so, I have a Michael Jordan Autographed basketball I'll sell you. Very reasonable. How about a Mike Dikta autographed football? I know, a Babe Ruth autographed baseball. I know it's legit. I asked him for it personally. Rp80 juta. What a deal. I'm sure you could find a forum and turn a quick big profit.
                          [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by fastpitch17 View Post
                            Let's face it Jake. You came on here to sell because you figure this forum is full of Expats and as everyone knows, Expats have lots of money they throw around carelessly buying things they know nothing about. It was you that decided to offer this to a small and what you feel is a representation of the money. If you really thought your item had as much value as you say you would have expanded your marketing audience. You could have listed it locally in the sell sites. Maybe release some of the social climbers of their cash. They don't worry about investments, just the image. You could have listed in on EBay to reach the international market and using the excuse of not wanting to deal with international shipping is a pretty lame excuse. The dealing on the shippers part is minimal and the buyer would be paying the cost.

How does anyone actually know it's not a fake? Do you have some type of documents addressing it's authenticity? Perhaps something from the keyfob club stating it's value? If you want this kind of price for something you have an obligation to verify it's value. Whatever you paid for it has no bearing on it's value except only to you. You really have some homework to do if you want to sell any collector item. If you don't think so, I have a Michael Jordan Autographed basketball I'll sell you. Very reasonable. How about a Mike Dikta autographed football? I know, a Babe Ruth autographed baseball. I know it's legit. I asked him for it personally. Rp80 juta. What a deal. I'm sure you could find a forum and turn a quick big profit.
                            The reason why the ad is on here in the first place is so that I could expand it. I already listed this on plenty other forums and certainly going to tackle eBay next once I get my account trusted enough. Please I'd love to sell international then I'd be selling in USD and not Rupiah, even better. And that international shipping issue was not for the key but for my other items for sell; my chess sets. Shipping silver international is a risk.

Authenticity? Umm okay I'll email it. And also what about the people who has offered a few $100 short I'll send that too if necessary. At least some people are willing to buy it?? Certainly not a majority of people. But they are there.
                            And I only joined here through a referral from a friend saying this is a good place to put it. What a mistake indeed.

Comment

Indeed. Your last sentence is the highlight of the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
                                Indeed. Your last sentence is the highlight of the thread.
                                That simple.

Comment

Working...
                                X