Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HD TV...how to receive High Definition television in Indonesia

Default HD TV...how to receive High Definition television in Indonesia

I'm not selling anything...this is some advice which might be handy to TV addicts.....the major electronics retailers sell HD TV's...problem is the purchaser cannot receive High Definition programmes from any of the Indonesian Terrrestrial transmitters or the providers such as Indovision....Here are my tips....find a good parabola installer who also sells "free to air" High Definition satellite receivers......our Bandung man is Mr Satia (appropriate name and real) who can knows all the available channels. 3 HD are available free to air....CCTV High Vision from China,....(great for big events such as the ShangHai expo)....Luxe TV from Europe.....and NHK HD from Japan......as well there are hundreds of free standard definition channels free to air from 14 - 15 satellites...Al Jazeera....DW Germany and BVN Netherlands (in wide screen)...BBC world....Arirang Korea....and many others......if you like to see movies in High Definition then blu-ray discs are the way to go....we order from Amazon.com Idonesia has the same blu-ray HD region as the US and blu-ray players are now reasonable priced...buying blu-ray discs locally will cost you up to half a million rupiah....from Amazon.com (US) the prices range for 15 to 25 dollars per dics, plus postage....when ordering keep the value of the discs below 50 USD otherwise the postal customs will charge "heaps"...they should not charge any duties if the DVD's are valued at below 50USD.....What we cannot do yet is to unscramble/decode HD channels such as HBO HD, Discovery HD, Classica Asia..surely there are "cards" out there!? It could be some time before an Indonesian Provider has HD programmes...Astro Malaysia offer an HD service, only to Malaysia and Brunei. I'll be more than happy to add to this thread if you would like to know more about receiving HD and other free satellite channels....
    "favenchi" Bandung Java

Red face

Thanks for your info. Do you know the guy who can do the installation around Bogor?

Certified Troll

I think most here are using indovision or something of the like. I did use a free to air with a 10' dish for a couple of years. It was pretty good but the dish looked a mess as it was so large.
    All the local channels, loads of international stuff and a couple of free to air chinese movie channels in English.

where can I get "free to air" HD satellite receiver in Jakarta? And, how much is it?

HD movies are available (1080 ) from suppliers in country at about 1 USd a movie.
    Cheaper than Blue ray
    As a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy

Default HD Installers

Quote Originally Posted by rudipermana View Post
    Thanks for your info. Do you know the guy who can do the installation around Bogor?
    Sorry I only know Mr Satia in Bandung for parabola installation...suggest you look for parabola installers / antennas, in the yellow pages...I am sure there is a local installer who can help. Most of the shops such as electronic solution who are keen to sell an HD receiver plasma/lcd/led do not know how to receive HD in this country.
    Imported blurays from Amazon.com will work here on locally sold bluray players...and they are low cost..make sure you buy in only at a value of less than 50USD or the postal customs will charge large duties...less than 50USD (postage can be extra) and you only pay that 7 thousand idr delivery charge......buy a "real" bluray in say DiscTara and you will pay around 400 thousand idr per disc...
    Look at Lyngsat HD on the WWW for the satellites Intelsat 8 up to Measat for the free to air FTA HD C Band channels.
    Seen only rumours that Indovision "might" have an HD service late this year or in 2011...this is a big "might"....

Default BluRay for a dollar? Not bloody likely

Quote Originally Posted by kim& mika View Post
    HD movies are available (1080 ) from suppliers in country at about 1 USd a movie.
    Cheaper than Blue ray
    The sellers will of course say they are bluray, but they are definitely not....even a recordable blu ray costs between 100 and 120 thousand idr......sellers provide a bluray logo...some even sell discs in a bluray box....please....do not be fooled by this.....try Amazon.com you can import real blue-rays which will play on locally sold blu ray players far cheaper than the local legal sellers...make sure the imported cost is less than 50 USD...postal costs can be extra....if over 50 USD the local postal authorities will charge excessive duties...there is always that 7 thousand idr handling charge.....but it is good as this ensures your packet will be delivered to you personally.

I do believe Manhatten is a locally available HD satellite receiver...I tried to contact one of the Parabola installers in Jakarta which had a presence on the internet, but they did not respond...try the internet, the yellow pages and asking around for parabola installers.....these companies which did good business when those big receiving dishes were installed will surely need to look at HD as a means of new income....You need to find an installer who can put in the Paranbola, a positioner, tune in the channels on the receiver....you can receive hundreds of FTA that is free to air channels...including at least 3 HD free channels...Lyngsat HD website will show you what can be received in HD "free".......from Intelsat up to Measat (satellites)...there are around 15 satellites receivable here in Bandung...and also Jakarta.

I did not say Blu-Ray, I said full HD movies, These are loaded to a hard-drive, I have hundreds and have neverhad a bad one.
    Agree teh Blu-Ray copies are crap, downloaded full HD much better value and easier storage than any other media.
    As a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy

We using First Media HDTV for Visual experience of 1080i video resolution , its excellent indeed butt unfortunately at this point only 2 channels available which are HBOHD and ESPNHD.....huh

@ extra cost 100k to rent HDTV decoder

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast