Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quality Control and general help needed in Jepara for UK furniture company - Expats

Post Quality Control and general help needed in Jepara for UK furniture company - Expats

Hi all,

We are a garden furniture company based in the UK. We do business with a few suppliers in Jepara and we visit Java at least twice a year.

We need some part time help. Your job will be:

1. Visit factories and carry out quality control spot checking at least 10 times a year.
    2. Assist communication between suppliers and ourselves.
    3. Join us when we visit Jepara on factory visits to assist with language barriers and transportation.

Skills you will need:
    Furniture knowledge will be an advantage but we will go through the points we are looking for when carrying out QC inspections.

These skills will be very advantageous:
    1. English as mother tongue
    2. Excellent to fluent Indonesian
    3. Local knowledge of Jepara and surrounding areas
    4. own mode of transport. Preferably a car.
    5. Discretion.

You need to be assertive and be quite firm when needed.

Initially we will be paying either by the hour or by the day on a need only basis but future prospects of a more stable employment basis are extremely good.

please send me via PM some details about yourself and rates you expect.

Regards,
    S.

I do hate it when they say "the rates you expect"

Certified Troll

OP.
    Are you aware of Indonesian law regarding employment?
    I'm thinking work permits, visa and so on.

Banned

very subdued for you fred...

I suspect that's why they want someone that is discrete.

If I look at the job description, a business visa, sponsored by any of their clients, would be legally enough. No need to raise bells.
    Addit: the "discretion" bit is the minimum one doing business can ask to his employee/partner. The applicant will obviously be in contact with informations such as buying price, quantities and suppliers datas. These are sensitive infos.
    Last edited by atlantis; 06-05-10 at 06:14.
    Torang samua basudara

Kami harus melakukan sesuai dengan persyaratan dan peraturan yang berlaku untuk Indonesia lebih baik.

Please, only moderator related questions (and fun stuff) by PM. Kindly post law related questions to the public forum so that answers can help the whole community.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by atlantis View Post
    If I look at the job description, a business visa, sponsored by any of their clients, would be legally enough. No need to raise bells.
    so paying by the hour or day as the need arises fulfills that does it ?

Initially we will be paying either by the hour or by the day on a need only

Addit: the "discretion" bit is the minimum one doing business can ask to his employee/partner. The applicant will obviously be in contact with informations such as buying price, quantities and suppliers datas. These are sensitive infos.
    And which work place doesn't require that ?

Quote Originally Posted by kingwilly View Post
    so paying by the hour or day as the need arises fulfills that does it ?
    It is not the fact that one is paid by the hour or day which allows one to do it on a business visa, but the activity conducted and the status of the company. One is helping a foreign entity to do business & conduct negociations with an indonesian entity. This is exactly one of the purposes of a business visa.

Quote Originally Posted by kingwilly View Post
    And which work place doesn't require that ?
    If you understand that discretion from an employee in any company is vital, I am then confused by your comment attributing it to the visa situation (cf: "I suspect that's why they want someone that is discrete").

About the visa: if one takes the time to read carefully the OP, it is very clear that it is a UK based company (cf: Quality Control and general help needed in Jepara for UK furniture company - Expats ). Therefore, as a foreign based entity, they can not sponsor an applicant for an IMTA -work permit-. Their only legal choice is to arrange a business visa (visa kunjungan usaha) for the applicant, through the intermediary of one of their suppliers.
    Torang samua basudara

Kami harus melakukan sesuai dengan persyaratan dan peraturan yang berlaku untuk Indonesia lebih baik.

Please, only moderator related questions (and fun stuff) by PM. Kindly post law related questions to the public forum so that answers can help the whole community.

Banned

Their only legal choice is to arrange a business visa (visa kunjungan usaha) for the applicant, through the intermediary of one of their suppliers.
    Indeed so, which fred asked about, and the OP makes no mention of.

So What about the hiring of an in-country expat as the UK company's local representative? I can understand what you are saying, Atlantis for a person coming into the country on a business visa sponsored by the UK company, but they seem to be soliciting for an expat already here, meaning someone on some other type of visa. How does that work legally? I am I to understand that persons not willing to exit and return on the business visa should not apply? Seems like a hassle for an expat to simply be "on call" for an indeterminate time with an indeterminate amount of part-time work on offer.

I can understand the OP's 'well written' request and requirement, but agree with Fred and others.

In another world this post would have many responses but I think the OP is unaware of the restrictions and Law imposed by the Republic of Indonesia on non-Indonesian employment.

I suggest the OP should be looking for an Indonesian with the same skills, needing part-time additional work, who is in a similar field as the requirements stipulated.

David

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast