Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: UU No. 1 Tahun 1965 dicabut: Islam Terancam

Banned

Default UU No. 1 Tahun 1965 dicabut: Islam Terancam

"UU No. 1 Tahun 1965 dicabut: Islam Terancam" reads the placard carried by demonstrators against religious pluralism.

Does Indonesia want to imitate Malaysia? Why is religious pluralism considered anathema and threatening?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Hombre de Maiz; 03-02-10 at 11:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Hombre de Maiz View Post
    "UU No. 1 Tahun 1965 dicabut: Islam Terancam" reads the placard carried by demonstrators against religious pluralism.

Does Indonesia want to imitate Malaysia? Why is religious pluralism considered anathema and threatening?
    I don't see that Islam will have greater threat than other religions - all religions must brace strongly to their theological understandings, since there will be more questions can be posted by people who used to be silenced by "faith cannot be questioned or doubted". The bottom line is by getting rid of this suffocating regulation, IMHO, Indonesia can increase the ability to think freely and be creative without being confined with "dogmas".

Banned

Have the other four permitted religions demonstrated or voiced their opinions against the judicial review? Id seriously like to know...

Quote Originally Posted by Hombre de Maiz View Post
    Have the other four permitted religions demonstrated or voiced their opinions against the judicial review? Id seriously like to know...
    I think it's now 5, along with Confusianism. I haven't heard their voices yet, but it seems the rejection, even if any, is not that strong.

This headline worries me badly. Im Muslims, and I'd agree to abolish such UU, including the TAP MPRS No.XXV/1965 in Gus Dur era about communism. The world today is different from that in the past, therefore UU or whatsoever rules shall be evaluated once it is outdated.
    Gentlements, please don't forget, don't blanket all muslims under the same label. Not all muslims are like Hizbut Tahrir or FPI whatsoever. ^_^V This site will give you alternative insight about Islam in Indonesia www.islamlib.com

:-)
    You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has freedom. Malcolm X (1925 - 1965)

Hmmm... spotted something in the pics... is the organizer Hizbut Tahrir?

There is a lengthy thread about this topic at: http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...n-in-RI/page16
    Last edited by all4ywh; 03-02-10 at 15:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Ria Ulfah Ardhiyani View Post
    This headline worries me badly. Im Muslims, and I'd agree to abolish such UU, including the TAP MPRS No.XXV/1965 in Gus Dur era about communism. The world today is different from that in the past, therefore UU or whatsoever rules shall be evaluated once it is outdated.
    Gentlements, please don't forget, don't blanket all muslims under the same label. Not all muslims are like Hizbut Tahrir or FPI whatsoever. ^_^V This site will give you alternative insight about Islam in Indonesia www.islamlib.com

You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has freedom. Malcolm X (1925 - 1965)
    I agree...

Quote Originally Posted by Ria Ulfah Ardhiyani View Post

Thumbs up for your comment, Ria Ulfah Ardhiyani. I definitively look for more of your inputs in this forum...
    Last edited by atlantis; 03-02-10 at 16:03.
    Torang samua basudara

Kami harus melakukan sesuai dengan persyaratan dan peraturan yang berlaku untuk Indonesia lebih baik.

Please, only moderator related questions (and fun stuff) by PM. Kindly post law related questions to the public forum so that answers can help the whole community.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast