Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there an "IKEA" alike shop in Jakarta?

Question Is there an "IKEA" alike shop in Jakarta?

IKEA , ( www.IKEA.com ) ,
    Is there a one stop shop as such...with modern and affordable furniture in Jakarta???

Certified Troll

Loads of kit available at cheap prices all over Java without resorting to that stuff.
    Just paid 1.9 juta for a solid wood dining table with 6 chairs.
    Shop around and you will find a load of places that make their own stuff.

Nice pics and I agree with your sentiment Fred, but what's good for the Goose isn't neccesarily good for the Gander when it comes to Ikea, and the OP did state modern furniture... have you ever seen their warehouse and delivery system, simply mind blowing...
    I still can't add to your rep or Atlantis for that matter either tho' ...
    Last edited by ohmdafyd; 29-01-10 at 18:10.
    IknowthatyoubelieveyouunderstandwhatyouthinkIsaid, butI'mnotsureyourealisethatwhatyouheardisnotwhatI meant.

There is a large furniture store just N of pondok Inda Mall on 2 levels...forgot the name but I know they have other branches in jakarta. It isn't like IKEA...nothing is... but it might be worth a look.
    Tomorrow I will drive past and note the name.

David

Quote Originally Posted by Davita View Post
    There is a large furniture store just N of pondok Inda Mall on 2 levels...forgot the name but I know they have other branches in jakarta. It isn't like IKEA...nothing is... but it might be worth a look.
    Tomorrow I will drive past and note the name.

David
    ahem .. did you mean to say, as , I'm being driven past...
    IknowthatyoubelieveyouunderstandwhatyouthinkIsaid, butI'mnotsureyourealisethatwhatyouheardisnotwhatI meant.

Quote Originally Posted by omdafyd View Post
    ahem .. did you mean to say, as , I'm being driven past...
    Well spotted OM.... but ...seeing as my rep power has more than doubled 'from 13 to a stunning 28' I am more than raptured and therefore not wanting to be presumptious...but, yes, I will be DRIVEN by our driver Pak Dian. humble , humble...etc....

Thank you to all that supported me.

David

I think the shop you mean is Index Furnishing? http://www.homecenterindonesia.com/ They are pretty good I have got a couch and kitchenware and other bits and pieces from them. If you want to buy something from them though have a chat with them about what new stuff may be coming in, when they are havign sales etc...! They are not an Ikea though, but if you don't want to risk hitting the treets and negotiating a tree into a dining table then this may be the best bet for you - you see it in front of you, you buy it, it arrives the next day, and unlike Ikea if it needs assembling just ask the delivery guys!

Quote Originally Posted by SimonCE View Post
    I think the shop you mean is Index Furnishing? http://www.homecenterindonesia.com/ They are pretty good I have got a couch and kitchenware and other bits and pieces from them. If you want to buy something from them though have a chat with them about what new stuff may be coming in, when they are havign sales etc...! They are not an Ikea though, but if you don't want to risk hitting the treets and negotiating a tree into a dining table then this may be the best bet for you - you see it in front of you, you buy it, it arrives the next day, and unlike Ikea if it needs assembling just ask the delivery guys!

good one, Thanks!
    I remember spotting them somewhere close to Kedoya area...( not taman angrek , another mall around by )I shall chek them out!!

The closest I've seen to Ikea would be Index but I like Ikea better

Agreed...it is INDEX that I was also thinking of.

I think they also have a large store in Puri Indah Mall above Ace.

David

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast