Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dangers of Dengue Fever and Effective Protection From Mosquitoes

Default Dangers of Dengue Fever and Effective Protection From Mosquitoes

Info on dengue is easily accessible on the Internet. Info regarding the risks, transmission,
    consequences of infection and methods to protect yourself (and your family) are all well
    documented. But there remains a large amount of misinformation and ignorance on this
    critical health issue.

If you suspect a Dengue infection the most important steps are:

1. BLOOD TEST: If you suspect you have dengue (sudden onset of fever and first symptoms
    & usually a headache and joint aches & pains) GET A BLOOD TEST IMMDEIATELY.
    You need to know your baseline thrombocyte and hematocrit levels at the outset and
    keep an eye on them in subsequent blood tests. If your thrombocyte level – normally
    150,000 to 400,000/ul - drops below 100,000/ul or your hematocrit increases by more
    than 20% you are in the DHF risk zone. In cases of confirmed dengue fever you will need
    blood testing twice each day and oral/intravenous fluid replacement so hospitalization
    is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED once the disease is confirmed as intravenous and
    oral fluids and daily blood monitoring are required.

2. There are 4 strains of the disease. If infected by any strain you will have lifetime immunity to that
    particular strain… and that strain ONLY – THIS IS THE HIDDEN DANGER OF DENGUE. If
    subsequently you are infected by one of the other strains your immune system will react to
    the new infection as if it is the same as the previous strain and use that antibody to fight the
    new infection - without making a new antibody to fight this different strain - this is where Dengue
    Hemorrhagic Fever (DHF) or Dengue Shock Syndrome (DSS) become real possibilities. DHF and
    DSS are life-threatening even to healthy individuals. Mortality from Dengue Fever is 1 to 2% but
    mortality after the onset of DHF jumps as high as 30%!

As to the potency of DHF just last week Michael Ruslim, President Director of Astra and an otherwise
    healthy 56 year-old, sadly passed away in
    Singapore due to complications from DHF. He fell ill on 16
    December, was transferred to
    Singapore on 18 December, and passed away on 20 December - just 4
    days after first being hospitalized.

It is also reported that in
    Indonesia the real death rate due to dengue is under-reported as many deaths,
    especially young children in poverty ridden areas, go unreported.

3. Dengue is transmitted mainly by the Asian Tiger Mosquitoes - aedes aegyptii and aedes albopictus.
    These mosquitoes are active mainly during daylight hours BUT if they enter a house they will also bite in
    the evenings.(The anopheles mosquito which carries the malaria parasite on the other hand bites from
    dusk until late at night)

4. Protection against mosquitoes:

Insecticides: We have seen too much indiscriminate fogging in
    Indonesia and this is allowing the
    mosquitoes to become resistant to many of the insecticides used. Also - some space sprays marketed
    here contain insecticides not permitted for indoor use in western countries. Another problem with space
    sprays is they only last a short time and then the mosquitoes will enter the house again soon afterwards.

Mosquito coils and the electric vaporizing devices have very limited coverage area and are prohibited for
    indoor use in many western countries.

Commercial insect repellants sold in the local market have limited effectiveness and their us is only
    recommended when venturing outside – they are not recommended for 24 hour protection.

Plants such as lavender, citronella, basil and rosemary are avoided by mosquitoes but there effective
    range is only a meter or two which means you would have to literally fill your house and garden with them
    to get effective protection.

Traps and zappers use light in the UV frequency to attract insects as the light represents a "safe" haven
    for them - unfortunately the female mosquitoes entering your house are driven by a compulsion to feed on
    blood in order to obtain the protein they need to produce eggs - they are NOT seeking a "safe" place.
    Research has shown that traps normally catch the mosquitoes AFTER they bite and do not significantly
    reduce biting frequency. In any case they are mainly effective only after dark as the lamp has limited
    visibility to insects in daylight hours - the hours when the dengue carrying mosquitoes are seeking a
    host. In summary these devices, although effective in trapping & killing insects, are only useful in a dark
    room where humans are not present – rather pointless in terms of protection.

Fortunately there is now a safe and effective solution which continuously protects indoors areas against
    mosquitoes. The product marketed by my company has been approved by EPA and FDA in the
    USA
    over 40 years and is approved by the Indonesian Departments of Agriculture and Health. It is now being
    used in an increasing number of expat homes in Indonesia as well as restaurants, offices, schools,
    hotels, hospitals etc - wherever mosquitoes are a problem.

Anyone interested in complete protection for your home or business against disease carrying
    mosquitoes please contact me by e-mail or personal message through these forums and I will forward
    some information on our product. If you need more immediate attention (your house or business has
    been taken over by mosquitoes) just call me on 081910491376

Quote Originally Posted by BULE_NYASAR View Post
    Info on dengue is easily accessible on the Internet. Info regarding the risks, transmission,
    consequences of infection and methods to protect yourself (and your family) are all well
    documented. But there remains a large amount of misinformation and ignorance on this
    critical health issue.

If you suspect a Dengue infection the most important steps are:

1. BLOOD TEST: If you suspect you have dengue (sudden onset of fever and first symptoms
    & usually a headache and joint aches & pains) GET A BLOOD TEST IMMDEIATELY.
    You need to know your baseline thrombocyte and hematocrit levels at the outset and
    keep an eye on them in subsequent blood tests. If your thrombocyte level – normally
    150,000 to 400,000/ul - drops below 100,000/ul or your hematocrit increases by more
    than 20% you are in the DHF risk zone. In cases of confirmed dengue fever you will need
    blood testing twice each day and oral/intravenous fluid replacement so hospitalization
    is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED once the disease is confirmed as intravenous and
    oral fluids and daily blood monitoring are required.

2. There are 4 strains of the disease. If infected by any strain you will have lifetime immunity to that
    particular strain… and that strain ONLY – THIS IS THE HIDDEN DANGER OF DENGUE. If
    subsequently you are infected by one of the other strains your immune system will react to
    the new infection as if it is the same as the previous strain and use that antibody to fight the
    new infection - without making a new antibody to fight this different strain - this is where Dengue
    Hemorrhagic Fever (DHF) or Dengue Shock Syndrome (DSS) become real possibilities. DHF and
    DSS are life-threatening even to healthy individuals. Mortality from Dengue Fever is 1 to 2% but
    mortality after the onset of DHF jumps as high as 30%!

As to the potency of DHF just last week Michael Ruslim, President Director of Astra and an otherwise
    healthy 56 year-old, sadly passed away in
    Singapore due to complications from DHF. He fell ill on 16
    December, was transferred to
    Singapore on 18 December, and passed away on 20 December - just 4
    days after first being hospitalized.

It is also reported that in
    Indonesia the real death rate due to dengue is under-reported as many deaths,
    especially young children in poverty ridden areas, go unreported.

3. Dengue is transmitted mainly by the Asian Tiger Mosquitoes - aedes aegyptii and aedes albopictus.
    These mosquitoes are active mainly during daylight hours BUT if they enter a house they will also bite in
    the evenings.(The anopheles mosquito which carries the malaria parasite on the other hand bites from
    dusk until late at night)

4. Protection against mosquitoes:

Insecticides: We have seen too much indiscriminate fogging in
    Indonesia and this is allowing the
    mosquitoes to become resistant to many of the insecticides used. Also - some space sprays marketed
    here contain insecticides not permitted for indoor use in western countries. Another problem with space
    sprays is they only last a short time and then the mosquitoes will enter the house again soon afterwards.

Mosquito coils and the electric vaporizing devices have very limited coverage area and are prohibited for
    indoor use in many western countries.

Commercial insect repellants sold in the local market have limited effectiveness and their us is only
    recommended when venturing outside – they are not recommended for 24 hour protection.

Plants such as lavender, citronella, basil and rosemary are avoided by mosquitoes but there effective
    range is only a meter or two which means you would have to literally fill your house and garden with them
    to get effective protection.

Traps and zappers use light in the UV frequency to attract insects as the light represents a "safe" haven
    for them - unfortunately the female mosquitoes entering your house are driven by a compulsion to feed on
    blood in order to obtain the protein they need to produce eggs - they are NOT seeking a "safe" place.
    Research has shown that traps normally catch the mosquitoes AFTER they bite and do not significantly
    reduce biting frequency. In any case they are mainly effective only after dark as the lamp has limited
    visibility to insects in daylight hours - the hours when the dengue carrying mosquitoes are seeking a
    host. In summary these devices, although effective in trapping & killing insects, are only useful in a dark
    room where humans are not present – rather pointless in terms of protection.

Fortunately there is now a safe and effective solution which continuously protects indoors areas against
    mosquitoes. The product marketed by my company has been approved by EPA and FDA in the
    USA
    over 40 years and is approved by the Indonesian Departments of Agriculture and Health. It is now being
    used in an increasing number of expat homes in Indonesia as well as restaurants, offices, schools,
    hotels, hospitals etc - wherever mosquitoes are a problem.

Anyone interested in complete protection for your home or business against disease carrying
    mosquitoes please contact me by e-mail or personal message through these forums and I will forward
    some information on our product. If you need more immediate attention (your house or business has
    been taken over by mosquitoes) just call me on 081910491376

I wonderred what this was all about, it's an advertisement, dishonestly disguised IMHO and in the wrong thread, as some friendly advice despite the topic being fairly extensively coverred in previous posts within the forum... sneaky mate! and a -1 for you!
    IknowthatyoubelieveyouunderstandwhatyouthinkIsaid, butI'mnotsureyourealisethatwhatyouheardisnotwhatI meant.

Thanks for the score omdafyd... I guess that means I passed.

We have done considerable research on Dengue over the past 3 years and I haven't seen any single posting that gives adequate coverage and useful information - especially if you suddenly show symptoms you are unlikely to be in the frame of mind to chase snippets of information contained in the threads.

Our product is effective and 100% garanteed and as it actually prevents considerable suffering and expense we consider it essential that people at least be aware of it.

If this is in the wrong thread I apologise. I had read the posting guidelines and am aware 1 post per month is acceptable for advertising a product. Anyway - I am sure the moderators will move it to its rightful place - wherever that may be.

No, that means you get downgraded in your rep, and I'm sorry but I simply don't accept that you as a businessman was not aware of the section specifically for business posts at the bottom of the main page...
    IknowthatyoubelieveyouunderstandwhatyouthinkIsaid, butI'mnotsureyourealisethatwhatyouheardisnotwhatI meant.

Can you please post copies of the official certifications that you claim to have, and also, if you do reply refrain from taking further advantage to again plug your product.
    BTW, is there a refund available if I catch Dengue after using your 100% guranteed product.

EPA Registration Number: 334-386-7052
    FDA Establishment Number: 334-IL-2
    DEPKES RI PKD: 30701600-569
    DEPTAN RI Nomor Pendaftaran: RI.2463/5-2006/T

If you can garantee you will not go outside your house we would be happy to garantee 100% refund if you catch dengue, chikungunya, filaria and/or malaria

I am new on this site so I will go and look at the bottom of the main page now... thanks for the advice...

Cool, and as far as your guarantee goes, that's the first time you mentioned the disclaimer... it's always in the fine print ...

I am a little regretfull, just slightly, at my strong reaction to your post. You are entitled and welcome to advertise, I don't make the rules or have any say, other than being opinionated. I just get tired of the constant bombardment from either Individuals or Companies abusing the site only to try and make a profit.
    We would welcome advice, this is what this forum is predominately for, and as I have said before, if you provided genuinely good advice by contributing positively to the forum as a poster first, your reputation as a member and a businessman would increase, and therefore potentially offer you better business opportunities.

EPA Registration Number: 334-386-7052
    FDA Establishment Number: 334-IL-2
    DEPKES RI PKD: 30701600-569
    DEPTAN RI Nomor Pendaftaran: RI.2463/5-2006/T

If you can garantee you will not go outside your house we would be happy to garantee 100% refund if you catch dengue, chikungunya, filaria and/or malaria

I am new on this site so I will go and look at the bottom of the main page now... thanks for the advice...

Would you be able to help me with my search, I've tried medical devices and Drugs, but as you can see, I'm not having much luck. I'm not familiar with your product or the FDA site so any directions you could give me would be appreciated.
    The name of the Product, a Website, anything at all would be helpful.
    * FDA Home

Search Search took 0.03 seconds.

Your search - Establishment Number: 334-IL2 - did not match any documents.
    No pages were found containing "Establishment Number: 334-IL2".

* Home
    * Food
    * Drugs
    * Medical Devices
    * Vaccines, Blood & Biologics
    * Animal & Veterinary
    * Cosmetics
    * Radiation-Emitting Products
    * Tobacco Products

* FDA Home

Search Search took 0.02 seconds.

Your search - 334-IL2 dengue fever - did not match any documents.
    No pages were found containing "334-IL2 dengue fever".

I am not sure if the product can be searched on the FDA or EPA sites. It is not a medical device or drug – it is an automatic insect control system which repels insects and stops the biting impulse in mosquitoes. I also tried searching and got no result on FDA.

In the USA and other western countries the product is used in hospitals, schools, restaurants etc. to protect from flies.

For Asia we undertook a 3 year research program in cooperation between 3 Universities (1 in Malaysia and 2 in the USA) in order to develop the product to be specifically effective against mosquitoes as the USA product was not effective during initial testing here in 2005.

Rather than be accused of plugging the product here I will send you further details and links to product information and MSDS by private message.

I am not sure if the product can be searched on the FDA or EPA sites. It is not a medical device or drug – it is an automatic insect control system which repels insects and stops the biting impulse in mosquitoes. I also tried searching and got no result on FDA.

In the USA and other western countries the product is used in hospitals, schools, restaurants etc. to protect from flies.

For Asia we undertook a 3 year research program in cooperation between 3 Universities (1 in Malaysia and 2 in the USA) in order to develop the product to be specifically effective against mosquitoes as the USA product was not effective during initial testing here in 2005.

Rather than be accused of plugging the product here I will send you further details and links to product information and MSDS by private message.

Actually It would be far preferable if you did post the info publiclly, and as for acccusing you of plugging your product, you already have, again!
    I will allow you the opportunity to post the info you sent me first, after all it is your product, otherwise I will. My point is that you are advertisiing a product, and people are entitled to know the details about it, especially the Health Warnings given in the brochure you sent me but which are glaringly missing from your advertisement.

BTW, Natural Pyrethrins have been around as a counter measure for insect repellant since time immemorial...
    Last edited by ohmdafyd; 29-01-10 at 09:36.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast