Thread: Tanggal Merah/ Public Holiday in Indonesia 2010

Smile Tanggal Merah/ Public Holiday in Indonesia 2010

Dear All, Happy New Year 2010!
    I just typed and sent to a friend of mine who is in need for the list of Indonesian holidays in 2010 calendar..i put it here, perhaps someone needs it too... hope this will be useful.

(Hari Besar/ Hari Libur Nasional Indonesia 2010 )
    List of Indonesia Public Holiday 2010

January
    Friday 1 : Tahun Baru Masehi International New Year’s Day

February
    Sunday 14 : Tahun Baru Imlek Lunar / Chinese New Year
    Friday 26 : Maulid Nabi Muhammad SAW (Birthday of the Prophet Muhammad )

March
    Tuesday 16: Hari Raya Nyepi (Tahun Baru Saka) Hindu New Year

April
    Friday 2: Wafat Isa Al-Masih (Jumat Agung) Good Friday

May
    Thursday 13: Kenaikan Isa Al-Masih Ascension Day
    Friday 28 : Hari Raya Waisak Buddha’s Birthday

July
    Saturday 10: Isra Miraj of Mohammed SAW Ascension of the Prophet

August
    Monday 17: Hari Proklamasi Kemerdekaan R.I. Indonesian Independence Day Monday

September
    Friday 10 : Hari Raya Idul Fitri / Lebaran Eid al-Fitr –celebrated
    Saturday 11 after 1 month of fasting in Ramadhan month

November
    Wednesday 17: Hari Raya Idul Adha / Hari Raya Haji Eid al-Adha Feast of the Sacrifice

December
    Tuesday 7: Tahun Baru 1431 Hijriyah Islamic New Year according to Islamic calendar
    Saturday 25: Hari Raya Natal Christmas Day
    Last edited by drahman2in1; 04-01-10 at 23:41.

Banned

So much religion, so little industry.

Glancing through the list I am pleased to see that every major Religion is included in the holidays, and think that this is something Indonesia ought to be congratulated on, for a change.
    I count 13 work days in total, which including the two weeks annual leave most employers provide is not overly excessive to me.
    Australia is reputed to have more Holidays, Annual leave and otherwise than any other Western Country, a point that is open to debate but it is a fact that it does have an abundance of Public Holidays, hell we even use the Queens Birthday as an excuse for a bludge, and I don't think even the Poms have that, and it's productivity isn't overly impacted.
    I believe that the general attitude towards work, in combination with other cultural factors impact far more negatively upon Indonesia's Productivity than the total number of Religious Tangal Merah.
    Last edited by ohmdafyd; 05-01-10 at 10:16.

I agree, om
    Beside, Indonesians only entitle for 12 days of annual leave. I believe (Please correct me if I'm wrong) other countries have around 2 weeks up to 30 days of annual leave?

Quote Originally Posted by omdafyd View Post
    Glancing through the list I am pleased to see that every major Religion is included in the holidays, and think that this is something Indonesia ought to be congratulated on, for a change.
    I count 13 work days in total, which including the two weeks annual leave most employers provide is not overly excessive to me.
    Australia is reputed to have more Holidays, Annual leave and otherwise than any other Western Country, a point that is open to debate but it is a fact that it does have an abundance of Public Holidays, hell we even use the Queens Birthday as an excuse for a bludge, and I don't think even the Poms have that, and it's productivity isn't overly impacted.
    I believe that the general attitude towards work, in combination with other cultural factors impact far more negatively upon Indonesia's Productivity than the total number of Religious Tangal Merah.

Depending on company. We gave 7 days annual leave for new comer.

Not forgetting... Is Indonesia the only country that provide day off for ladies on their mens (Merah) days? I was shock when my lady staffs sms me that they are not coming because of it???

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Depending on company. We gave 7 days annual leave for new comer.

Not forgetting... Is Indonesia the only country that provide day off for ladies on their mens (Merah) days? I was shock when my lady staffs sms me that they are not coming because of it???
    um...yes 2 day off every month for M leave..but when i worked in an office that provides that leave, i never took it..
    im ok in my period time, yet if i had to take it...i could imagine, i would be so shy to say it, even through sms... hehe...
    some friends of mine took it because they really had the severe pain for the first day every time they got the monthly period...

and each company has the policy, yes...thats right...

no problem with me that all religions celebrate their important days...
    i love that...

(some years ago, caught in Bali with no electricity at Nyepi...was fine too...enjoyed the silence and sat down at beach quietly...)
    he he, i think those marked day r totally fine..
    since the rest 340days more gonna be my busy days ahead...
    Last edited by drahman2in1; 05-01-10 at 14:33.

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    This is something new to me..No wonder sometimes i got the cold stares from my female subordinates, at certain period (pun not intended) of the month

Imlek is on 14 Feb which is on a Sunday. Is the following Monday (15th) a holiday too?

No, Monday Feb 15th wont be a holiday...i think