Thread: Kartu Keluarga

Default Kartu Keluarga

I am new her and have looked around for the answer to question. My Indonesian wife is trying to get a new family certificate for herself and have me added on to it and then our new born baby added as well. There is a section on the family certificate that says KITAS/KITAP number. After asking in Blitar I was told that it was possible. After visiting 4 government offices I was told that I could not be added to anybodys family certificate but that I am allowed to have my own certificate with nobody else on it. This just defies logic (as do most things in Indonesia) and I was wondering if somebody had the answer. I did see a post that says you can not be on the certificate if you only have KITAS but on the form there is a space for KITAS information.

Certified Troll

I also had a problem with the KK and a KITAS.
    My understanding is that a KITAS holder may not be entered onto a family card but a KITAP holder may.
    I have no idea why.

I am on my father-in-laws KK where my wife and daughter are listed. They told me this was the only way that they could do it and they still only did that much after I spent a lot of time arguing with them. I am listed as the husband and father on the lines for my wife and daughter but do not have a line of my own.

Thanks for your replies. Well I will try to get my name put in the notes section of my wifes fathers certificate. That also answers my other question about where the baby would end up. I still do not know why they are happy to make me a certificate of my own but they will not let me put anybody else on it. You would think that if i could have my own certificate that I would be able to add a family to it...The baby has arrived too since my last post....wife and child healthy.

Certified Troll

Quote Originally Posted by Mas Fred View Post
    I also had a problem with the KK and a KITAS.
    My understanding is that a KITAS holder may not be entered onto a family card but a KITAP holder may.
    I have no idea why.
    Your understanding as far as I am aware is correct about a KITAS holder. It may center around the fact that a KITAS holder is on a "limited stay permit", whereas I believe a KITAP holder is a "resident" ?

The laws here bewilder me at times also, too much control and not enough common sense do spring to mind. Many things in Indonesia defy logic.

The Law of Gravity is still not understood, whilst Einstein's Theory of General Relativity where time is not constant but relative to the observer is in use daily.
    Last edited by trevbr; 08-12-09 at 18:49. Reason: to put a missing quote bracket in

Quote Originally Posted by trevbr View Post
    Your understanding as far as I am aware is correct about a KITAS holder. It may center around the fact that a KITAS holder is on a "limited stay permit", whereas I believe a KITAP holder is a "resident" ?

The laws here bewilder me at times also, too much control and not enough common sense do spring to mind. Many things in Indonesia defy logic.

The Law of Gravity is still not understood, whilst Einstein's Theory of General Relativity where time is not constant but relative to the observer is in use daily.
    Exactly trevbr!

Certified Troll

Quote Originally Posted by trevbr View Post
    The law of gravity is understood far better than you give credit for. it's just that everyone ignores it and pays 50,000 peace money when they fall down.
    Einstein clearly was not Indonesian. No way would he have been able to work out E=MC2 because he only constant in Indonesian time is no one gives a rats about it.

People with both Visas types are classed as residents.
    The important difference is that a KITAS holder is a Temporary Resident, whilst the KITAP holder is a Permanent Resident, which to me would explain the difference with registering on the KK.
    Perhaps it's just semantics, but to me a limited stay permit doesn't mean the same as a Temporary Resident Visa...it's been a trying day, maaf...
    Last edited by ohmdafyd; 08-12-09 at 20:30.
    IknowthatyoubelieveyouunderstandwhatyouthinkIsaid, butI'mnotsureyourealisethatwhatyouheardisnotwhatI meant.

Thank you all for sharing your knowlegde. I have been reading through these threads for hours over the last couple of weeks and found the answers to many questions that I have tried to obtain from all types of sources. I had resigned myself to thinking that perhaps only god himself would reveal the answers to these questions one day if I happen to be lucky enough to head in that direction when the time comes. Of course looking back I had been seeking the answers to my questions mainly from staff of government departments, who in my naivetivity, thought would have a knowledge of these processes and their jobs. Silly me!!! Anyway, thanks again.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by blitarbule View Post
    Thank you all for sharing your knowlegde. I have been reading through these threads for hours over the last couple of weeks and found the answers to many questions that I have tried to obtain from all types of sources. I had resigned myself to thinking that perhaps only god himself would reveal the answers to these questions one day if I happen to be lucky enough to head in that direction when the time comes. Of course looking back I had been seeking the answers to my questions mainly from staff of government departments, who in my naivetivity, thought would have a knowledge of these processes and their jobs. Silly me!!! Anyway, thanks again.
    It appears that the Almighty revealed the answers quite quickly to you through the medium of this Forum and the generous contributions of its members. Judging from their posts in another thread at a different forum, I think that Mas Fred and trevbr would agree as well!

Quote Originally Posted by blitarbule View Post
    Thanks for your replies. Well I will try to get my name put in the notes section of my wifes fathers certificate. That also answers my other question about where the baby would end up. I still do not know why they are happy to make me a certificate of my own but they will not let me put anybody else on it. You would think that if i could have my own certificate that I would be able to add a family to it...The baby has arrived too since my last post....wife and child healthy.

Your comments slipped by me when I read them earlier - CONGRATULATIONS on the arrival of your child!

Andy