Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Want to rent a car in Jkt without a driver for 3 months

Default Want to rent a car in Jkt without a driver for 3 months

Moving to Jkt and would like to rent a car for 3 months without driver. When I lived there back in the 1990's I rented a Kijang in that manner but now can't locate any sites to do so the same way.

Anyone know of such a company or have a car themselves they'd care to rent out?

Padrino...you're welcome.

I re-read your first post and suggest if you have not driven here since the 1990's, you may wish to review.

The traffic in Jakarta is intense...unpleasant, indeed, downright chaotic. The manner of driving in this city is cut-throat, tedious, boring and something I would not recommend doing yourself.

It does not make for an enjoyable vacation or three months stay.

You may have other intentions, in which case, I'll butt out.... but if you would like information on how to make transportation in this city more acceptable, you only have to ask. There are many experts here.

David

Banned

itīd be good for others and to build the forumīs data if you could post the info that you received back from aimes...

Banned

and liable to get lost, and parking is always an issue, negotiating with police when pull over.

I'd 2nd the advice about a driver, it doesnt cost that much extra, but it sure as hell makes life easier.

Banned

I dont know if it is the same company or not but I always use Adrian 021 326 39113

He has several cars and drivers, if need be. I've found him very helpful and his prices are fair.

(he delivers the car to your address!)

Quote Originally Posted by kingwilly View Post
    I dont know if it is the same company or not but I always use Adrian 021 326 39113

He has several cars and drivers, if need be. I've found him very helpful and his prices are fair.

(he delivers the car to your address!)
    Just for info...I believe Adrian is the owner of Ames auto rental... The same Company that I previously posted about.
    Last edited by Davita; 05-12-09 at 11:54. Reason: Changed meaning...original meaning sounded snotty and was incorrect.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Davita View Post
    Just for info...I believe Adrian is the owner of Ames auto rental...as I previously posted.

David
    aah, well I didnt see the post that mentioned that.

First first 8 year stay in Indonesia I lived at BSD, traffic there was not a problem but did have a driver full time. Got'a live downtown this tour so with my limited driving in Jkt it is something I'm strongly considering. I've been driving in Ramallah, Palestine for the last year and have never witnessed as agressive a driving anywhere in my life as they have here so I'm tossed up on needing to hire a driver, which I'd have full time in Jkt if I go that way. I am heeding everyone's warnings on this. Just the car/driver will sit all day while I'm in the office and the 3in1 zoning I'd only use him 2x a day so might as well have a taxi. How's the traffic on weekends and evenings around town?What's the going rate for a full time driver these days???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast