Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bupa Health Insurance or Interglobal Health Insurance

Default Bupa Health Insurance or Interglobal Health Insurance

Hi,

I have recently arrived in Jakarta and my husband and I are looking at Health Insurance options. Is there anyone here who is on Bupa or Interglobal Health Insurance?

Regards,
    A

I got a quote from Interglobal a few years ago. If I remember correctly, they were much higher than their competitors, for the same coverage. Since I did not contract with them, I cannot comment on their coverage.

Certified Troll

I am covered under IHI/BUPA (seems these 2 have just recently merged) my coverage originally when I bought it was someone I don't even remmeber but with the consolidation of the Insurance buisness over the years, my policy (left intact) has been passed from company to company over the years. But the rates have been fantastic, 51 with 30 yr old wife who smokes and our rate last yr was 2600 USD for each us to have 800,000 USD coverage. I had a kidney transplant 2 yrs ago that IHI/danmark paid for 100% (over 175k SGD) and when my renewal came up about 30 days after I was discharged from the hospital for the transplant they only raised our rates by 300 USD a year.

I will say that I did look at IHI policies on line about 6 or 8 months ago and then just recently and since the BUPA merger their policies on line have changed for the worse and the cheaper payouts. Glad we are locked in to this policy and conditions that are the same when I bought it in 1993.

If I was you please check with either Mike Wolfe at 526-1221 AND Susatyo at 5289-7466

Mike works fro RAMA and they offer coverage on everything (Home, Contents of home, Health, Car). Mike has been in the insurance business in Jakarta for over 20 years and I bought my originally existing health policy from him in 1993 when he worked for another Insurance company.

Susatyo is a broker for IHI/BUPA and speaks english great so don't hesitate to contact him.

If anyone needs either of these guys handphone numbers or email addresses then just PM me.

Thank you for your helpful reply. I will definitely contact Mike Wolfe.

Enjoy your day.

XX

Certified Troll

Quote Originally Posted by Relocation from the UK View Post
    Thank you for your helpful reply. I will definitely contact Mike Wolfe.

Enjoy your day.

XX

Definitely cost and policy compare between Mike and Susatyo. I strongly advise on this.

I worked for a company in Japan which used BUPA. I only made one claim and it was paid fairly promptly.

the last two companies and the currently one i'm in always have me covered with BUPA and i never had a problem with claims.

they even paid for my wisdom tooth extraction - though i think this depends on the type of coverage you apply for.

BUPA doesn't have direct payment arrangements with any hospitals in Indonesia (one of the few countries in the world).

So you have to pay in cash and claim back later.

But they do generally pay.

Hi, I'm Melinda from Chartis Insurance formerly known as PT. AIU Indonesia.

We have been serving over 160 countries and providing accident and health insurance programs for individuals, families, older adults, students, travelers and professionals. It covers personal accident, travel and supplemental health exposures, as well as innovative products that provide financial protection for critical illnesses, certain types of cancer, leisure and business travel, and elder care.

Please kindly email me your full name & age to [email protected], I will send you the health insurance proposal that suit your need. Thank you.

Certified Troll

I have worked with Bupa and IHI thorugh (Edited by Atlantis) brokers. They were able to provide a comparison table for these and a number of the other top international medical insurers. They were also able to handle my claims as my correspondent between myself and the insurer.
    Last edited by atlantis; 17-06-10 at 16:23.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast