Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 187

Thread: Malaysian Airlines 777 missing (MH 370)

  1. #111
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bengkulu, Indonesia
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waarmstrong View Post
    The article you put up has essentially nothing to do with what you are speculating about above. As Michelle said we, meaning the general public, do not yet have enough factual information to draw any kind of conclusion. The Malaysian authorities have not done a sterling job of managing the release of information, but that is not to say that they and those assisting them have bungled the investigation of this tragedy. I for one do not view the investigators as in the business of placating amateur internet sleuths. Those wasting time speculating have only themselves to hold accountable.
    That article is about the US air safety regulator has confirmed that its directive for airlines to fix cracking and corrosion on the fuselage of Boeing 777 planes applied to MH370, the Malaysia Airlines jet that disappeared en route to Beijing over the weekend. I'm of the belief that it seems more likely that this incident is due to equipment failure on the flight, rather than the terrorist theory. I think the article I linked to, directly relates to my post??? Call it amateur internet sleuthing, but I became very interested in the case when I got an invite from the world's media to do crowd source searching for the missing plane on tomnode.com. I believe my time was wasted in searching for maps in the South China sea.. Along with my time so was another 2.3 million tom node users, Malaysian, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Thai, Australia, US and whoever elses governments were involved in the early days of this in search and rescue mission. If you think Malaysia have not bungled the investigation - then I disagree They have flip-flopped on a daily basis, and have yet to show clear leadership on anything as yet. When the plane first went missing it was called a search and rescue mission (rescue being the important part). There may have still been a chance of saving lives if the searchers could have been pointed in the correct general area - at least in the right ocean???


  2. #112
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Jaktim
    Posts
    11,573

    Default

    The time wasted is on you.

    Stress cracks born of metal fatigue are a relatively common, well known, and continuing aviation design and operations issue. I suppose anything is possible, but the nature of the directives and corrective action time lines permitted with the 777 do not suggest that an unsafe plane was allowed to continue in use. Further, what little information the authorities have released suggests that the plane was under positive control from the point that the transponder was switched off contradicting your speculation.

  3. #113
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bengkulu, Indonesia
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle O'Brien View Post
    Could it be that they know exactly what's happening - but are unable to say? Ransoms, threats etc - we just don't know.
    Point taken, if your of the belief that its a hijacking. Someone must have forgotten to tell China about the ramsom, threats....
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/w...w/32111865.cms

    http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2...r-plane-search

    the plot thickens..
    Last edited by Stephen Flynn; 16-03-14 at 23:17. Reason: fix typo

  4. #114
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bengkulu, Indonesia
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waarmstrong View Post
    The time wasted is on you.
    Glad your so concerned about my personal time management. I don't personally feel its a waste of time speculating and throwing out possible suggestions on a public forum such as this, on the biggest news item the world has seen in years. Especially since I live in the region and make regular trips to Malaysia - I find the coverage compelling. As a relative newby to this forum - I realise I certainly am not in the same lofty league as a member with 11,071 posts. That must have taken a lot of time - hows your time management going??.

    Anyways, back to me - the time-wasting-amateur-internet-sleuth
    2 days ago I stated...

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Flynn View Post
    At this point, the world is collectively finding it hard to believe anything the Malaysians are saying, they are simply not equipped to deal with this crisis. To be fair, I don't think anyone is? Probably just my lack of knowledge on radar technology but, If the flight came back into Malaysia's primary radar range and scooted across the top of peninsular Malaysia as a UFO why didn't they pick up on this a lot sooner? Is it a case of gross human error taken place here?? Why would it take a week to establish this fact that the plane is somewhere in the Indian ocean? With airports at Kota Bahru, Penang, Phuket (and possibly other southern Thailand airports) - surely all would have picked up this anomaly. Smells of a cover-up by Malaysian air traffic controllers? So far It's been all red herrings and wild goose chases, and massive waste of efforts in searching the wrong locations.
    I would like to add to that statement - its a cover up by the Government, Air authority and the Malaysian military....my proof.. It's just... the vibe... of the thing, nah...yeah...it's the vibe

    Seems like the world's media are asking the same questions...
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-26603830

    My point is - if they can't even spot their own plane flying across their own airspace, and get a handle on where to commence the search, totally missing any chance of rescuing possible survivors, then why would we believe their latest claims. Unless it could be established without a doubt that claims are coming from US agencies, then I would be loath to believe anything that Malaysia are saying. I just keep thinking about the relatives of the people on the plane. How hopeless it must feel, yet still clinging to some kind of false hope brought about by purposefull delay tactics by malaysian authorities.

    Hope I am wrong, and Rupert Murdoch's right - from twitter
    World seems transfixed by 777 disappearance. Maybe no crash but stolen, effectively hidden, perhaps in Northern Pakistan, like Bin Laden.
    — Rupert Murdoch (@rupertmurdoch) March 15, 2014
    Not exactly sure if Rupert means like Bin Laden was, or still is???????

  5. #115
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    A long way south-east of Banyuwangi city
    Posts
    4,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Flynn View Post
    .... Hope I am wrong, and Rupert Murdoch's right - from twitter
    World seems transfixed by 777 disappearance. Maybe no crash but stolen, effectively hidden, perhaps in Northern Pakistan, like Bin Laden.
    Rupert Murdoch (@rupertmurdoch) March 15, 2014
    Not exactly sure if Rupert means like Bin Laden was, or still is???????
    Rupert certainly knows how to sell news.
    That thing of Joy's is a beauty forever.
    ... with apologies to John Keats


  6. #116

    Default

    Is that Plane still missing?

  7. #117
    Member fastpitch17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    RajaBasa, Bandar Lampung
    Posts
    3,106

    Default

    I have no reason to believe there was a preventable equipment failure on this bird. Malaysian Airlines has had a spotless safety record and there is no reason at this time to think otherwise. Warnings of these cracks did go out to theoperators of 777s but the reports also stated that this particular plane was not one of the concerns because it didn't have a particular antenna installed in that location. In all likelihood the crack formed at the installation point so wouldn't apply to this aircraft.

    There is no doubt Malaysian Airlines, then the Malaysian Military, and followed by the Malaysian Government have bungled this entire investigation. In trying to look good they kept others out of the loop on information when they should have offered everything immediately to the US and China. The two countries that are best equipped to quickly analyze the data and spearhead the search. I still think much of the data released by Malaysia is inaccurate or just plain fabricated to instill answers where they have none. The US had members from the NTSB sitting in KL for almost a week after the plane went missing. They were kept away from information. These people are some of the best aircraft accident investigators in the world but Malaysia didn't need their help. I bet China had some setting there too. In Malaysia's hast to show the world how good they are, they have only managed to show that they are bungling idiots.

    Right now I feel sorry for the family and friends of the Pilate. It seems that Malaysia wants a reason and he may well be what they claim is the cause be it factual or not. Hopefully they can find this plane in not too deep of water and then bring a close for the families and bring reason to the downing of this aircraft.
    Some love to milk Apostate.

  8. #118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Flynn View Post
    I realise I certainly am not in the same lofty league as a member with 11,071 posts. That must have taken a lot of time - hows your time management going??.
    ouchh

  9. #119
    Member fastpitch17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    RajaBasa, Bandar Lampung
    Posts
    3,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Flynn View Post
    As a relative newby to this forum - I realise I certainly am not in the same lofty league as a member with 11,071 posts. That must have taken a lot of time - hows your time management going?
    I know. It's a bitch to find these type who's analytical thought processes and typing skills are twice as fast as yours. What are we going to do with them?
    Some love to milk Apostate.

  10. #120
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Jaktim
    Posts
    11,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Flynn View Post
    Glad your so concerned about my personal time management. I don't personally feel its a waste of time speculating and throwing out possible suggestions on a public forum such as this, on the biggest news item the world has seen in years. Especially since I live in the region and make regular trips to Malaysia - I find the coverage compelling. As a relative newby to this forum - I realise I certainly am not in the same lofty league as a member with 11,071 posts. That must have taken a lot of time - hows your time management going??.

    Anyways, back to me - the time-wasting-amateur-internet-sleuth
    2 days ago I stated...


    I would like to add to that statement - its a cover up by the Government, Air authority and the Malaysian military....my proof.. It's just... the vibe... of the thing, nah...yeah...it's the vibe

    Seems like the world's media are asking the same questions...
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-26603830

    My point is - if they can't even spot their own plane flying across their own airspace, and get a handle on where to commence the search, totally missing any chance of rescuing possible survivors, then why would we believe their latest claims. Unless it could be established without a doubt that claims are coming from US agencies, then I would be loath to believe anything that Malaysia are saying. I just keep thinking about the relatives of the people on the plane. How hopeless it must feel, yet still clinging to some kind of false hope brought about by purposefull delay tactics by malaysian authorities....
    I agree with you on one point. Its enjoyable to participate in this forum. The number of posts is more a function of longevity than intensity and the count does not put my contributions and voiced opinions in any kind of lofty category. Whether a member has 10 or 10,000 posts is immaterial to judging the quality of an argument -- reason, logic and factual reference carry the most weight in my book. Your speculations are kind of light in those areas and linking to a supermarket tabloid did not add much.

    I agree, as well, that the Malay authorities have not acquitted themselves well and it is possible that their bungling and authoritarian obsessions with secrecy have hampered the search and investigation. Still, that goes to timely finding out what happened, not what in fact happened to the aircraft and its unfortunate occupants.
    Last edited by waarmstrong; 17-03-14 at 20:55.

Similar Threads

  1. Batavia Airlines is no more
    By Malas in forum Expat Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-02-13, 03:09
  2. Malaysian Looking for an IT Sales Job
    By taqie in forum Expats Seeking Employment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-11-12, 23:36
  3. Malaysian looking for a job in Jakarta
    By janeration7 in forum Expats Seeking Employment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28-06-12, 23:51
  4. Riau Airlines
    By wiggsy in forum Travel
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 22-08-09, 15:30
  5. Airlines Online
    By Irish Indo in forum Travel
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 17-11-08, 04:32

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •