Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ray White Real Estate

Default Ray White Real Estate

Anybody had any experience of using Ray White for buying/renting property or land in Indonesia? Good or bad experiences?

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan wilshere View Post
    Anybody had any experience of using Ray White for buying/renting property or land in Indonesia? Good or bad experiences?
    Sorry no, but I'm sure you would save a packet by just asking the locals in the neighborhood you are interested in.
    The locals usually know which houses are for sale and also they will get a small percentage of the sale price {much smaller than the Agents take}which in my book is far better than greedy Real Estate Agents taking a large commission.
    The other bonus is that you will meet some of your future neighbours who can give you some good insights into any plus or minus's of the location, stuff that Agents will either omit or gloss over.
    IknowthatyoubelieveyouunderstandwhatyouthinkIsaid, butI'mnotsureyourealisethatwhatyouheardisnotwhatI meant.

they are not bad company depending on which office you go through and its better if you have a friend with you that speaks bahasa. Allot of the owners that rent their houses will want a down payment if you are interested in their house and sometimes they will want an increased security deposit if you are a bule. U can save some hassle if you have someone you trust that is local rent it for u in their name. I found the offices in south Jakarta easier to deal with, tip the Realtor or buy them lunch when they show you around and you will be treated allot nicer. One other thing is some of the agents have family members that work at coldwell or other competing agency's and will know who you are when you get to their office.
    Last edited by avdog; 15-08-09 at 14:34.

Thanks fellas! They have two different franchised offices in Malang and both were very helpful. As a potential buyer, I'm not expecting to pay commission. As a bule (even with Indonesian wife), I'm expecting I'll be paying more than a local - even through an agent. Unfair comment?

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan wilshere View Post
    As a bule (even with Indonesian wife), I'm expecting I'll be paying more than a local - even through an agent. Unfair comment?
    Maybe every region may be a bit different, but where I live I would say that:
    - real estate agent are overpriced, sometimes 50% to 70% more than the real market rate.
    - you can have very good deal, even if you are a foreigner. It all depends on your bargaining skills, the time spent to research a plot of land, how bad the seller needs money and how bad the buyer wants the plot of land.
    Don't be in a rush, check thoroughfully the Sertifikat, go to see a few notaris before picking the one you feel the more confortable with. Check also that the annual taxes owed on the land have been paid.
    Last but not least, make clear with the seller that he has to pay the seller's tax while you will be paying the buyer's tax. If he forgets to do so, you are the one responsable fot it.
    Torang samua basudara

Kami harus melakukan sesuai dengan persyaratan dan peraturan yang berlaku untuk Indonesia lebih baik.

Please, only moderator related questions (and fun stuff) by PM. Kindly post law related questions to the public forum so that answers can help the whole community.

Certified Troll

The agents are real scammers from the few I've had cross my path.
    Better to stick to locals who will help you out. The real trick is not caring about the property you are looking at. Even if you love the place, you walk away if the price is too high. They will come back to you with an offer if they want to sell.

As a Real Estate Sales agent my self for the past 15 years in the US,I wonder where do Indonesian RE agents get their 'COMPS' or comparison price when they put out a property for sale/lease....

Is there any laws that regulate those in business in Indonesia that can guarantee a fair prices for all sort of clients or it is common to have two different price - one made for local and the other made for foreign clients?

Perhaps someone can answer my curiosity,thanks.
    Last edited by IndoMom; 18-08-09 at 20:59.
    If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague..

Certified Troll

I have no clue as to the law but I have seen the prices they try to charge. The sods in jogja were after 100 juta for rental on a property I know will be around 20 if you go direct.
    Bit of harga bule.
    Better just to avoid them.

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMom View Post
    As a Real Estate Sales agent my self for the past 15 years in the US,I wonder where do Indonesian RE agents get their 'COMPS' or comparison price when they put out a property for sale/lease....

Is there any laws that regulate those in business in Indonesia that can guarantee a fair prices for all sort of clients or it is common to have two different price - one made for local and the other made for foreign clients?

Perhaps someone can answer my curiosity,thanks.
    In the USA, I don't recall that there is any national law governing real estate pricing. The professional associations for appraisers and agents/brokers have professional standards and ethical codes, but unless individual states have such laws, I think agents are free to price property as they and the seller choose -- within the limits of their professional standards. In Indonesia, the climate is even more open. I gather that most agents do not belong to a professional association and I am not even sure one exists. In fact anyone can be an "agent" and by tradition be entitled to a commission on a sale.

My knowledge is anecdotal. If others have more to add or to correct, please do.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by fred uk View Post
    I have no clue as to the law but I have seen the prices they try to charge. The sods in jogja were after 100 juta for rental on a property I know will be around 20 if you go direct.
    Bit of harga bule.
    Better just to avoid them.

100 Juta!!!, were you trying to rent the Kraton Fred?
    I may be wrong but I usually call it bule harga, ahhh tidak apa2, tho' perhaps I will be taught the correct term from a learned co poster actually no, I'm sure I will be corrected...
    IknowthatyoubelieveyouunderstandwhatyouthinkIsaid, butI'mnotsureyourealisethatwhatyouheardisnotwhatI meant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast