Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indonesia's First Recorded Snowfall: Good or Bad Thing?

Banned

Smile Indonesia's First Recorded Snowfall: Good or Bad Thing?

Hi Guys,
    Just breaking a news. Check this out:
    Indonesia's First Recorded Snowfall: Highly Unusual Phenomenon

What are your thoughts about this?
    Good Thing or Bad Thing?
    Climate Change or Just pure highly unusual phenomenon?
    -Ask for me, minus all the damage crops I want it to be permanent, though might ruin some of our country’s agricultural industry. It’s kinda cool that we receive some snow once in a while.
    That’s my opinion by the way. What’s yours?

Got my ticket, will be flying to the place tomorrow to check it out myself. Soooooooooo excited! :>
    Last edited by nicollene; 10-08-13 at 08:39.

What's with the BS hoax spreading?

...and now... how to blame someone else?
    .......I write for a living ....and live to write...

...oh no I already sold me snowplough...ex Surabaya airport

West papua is still part of Indonesia and Puncak Jaya gets snow, so even if it was real its not the first.

Obviously its a hoax, but for interest sake the palms in the footage are either Livistonia chienensis or trachycarpus fortunei palms that can survive through snow falls as native to high altitude areas of China or Japan and Tawain, they are found in gardens in Indonesia, but is also widely cultivated in gardens in cold climates, so most likely just footage from a cold climate.
    Last edited by mick mentawai; 10-08-13 at 09:30.

Same post, same user, but this time the snowfall allegedly happened in the Philippines.
    http://www.british-filipino.co.uk/sh...July-24th-2013
    Torang samua basudara

Kami harus melakukan sesuai dengan persyaratan dan peraturan yang berlaku untuk Indonesia lebih baik.

Please, only moderator related questions (and fun stuff) by PM. Kindly post law related questions to the public forum so that answers can help the whole community.

Mick Mentawai

Do you mind me asking? Did you live in Cairns North Queensland in the mid seventies?? Reason I ask is that I knew a Mick who knew his palms back to front. Im not trying to be funny here. He travelled the world admiring them.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantis View Post
    Same post, same user, but this time the snowfall allegedly happened in the Philippines.
    http://www.british-filipino.co.uk/sh...July-24th-2013
    ...I wonder why people bother doing stuff like that...a quick Google reveals its been posted in various other forums as well...is there possibly some super secret new undetectable Trojan embedded that scans other poster's private info?....or are they just attention seeking YOLO's...(sigh....quietly puts bobsleigh away....)

Quote Originally Posted by johntap View Post
    Mick Mentawai

Do you mind me asking? Did you live in Cairns North Queensland in the mid seventies?? Reason I ask is that I knew a Mick who knew his palms back to front. Im not trying to be funny here. He travelled the world admiring them.
    Ha ha, no not me in the mid seventies i was still wearing nappies, but i did live on the Sunshine Coast Queensland about ten years ago and use to collect rare palms and had a collection of over a 100 different types in the family garden.

After Madagascar Indonesia and PNG has the greatest amount of palm species or the most interesting ones, not really into it these days but one day when im older and retired in Indonesia with a nice big tropical garden i plan to get back into it, maybe a little nerdy but its strangely a healthy rewarding hobby pottering around in the garden watching plants grow, especially palms you plant them as these tiny things and the grow into these big crazy things.

Just by watching the video I got a strong suspicion it's a hoax. No specifics on the location, over the top acting, overused repetition of the same keywords "highly", "unusual" and "phenomena", immature sounding announcer. No real news report sounds or looks like this. Perhaps it's some sort of social engineering study, SEO trick to get people searching for specific keywords, or just a ploy to earn money on youtube adsverts. Either way, just ignore the post and definitely don't spread it around, or you'll be playing into OP's hands. Perhaps, mods should just delete the post.
    Sergei - Your friendly neighborhood IT consultant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast