Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 53

Thread: Exodus 5 - 6 - 7 New at Kuningan City Mall

  1. #31
    Member redsnapr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Manizales, Caldas, Colombia
    Posts
    1,393

    Default

    In Mega Kuningan half a block east of Mall Ambassador.

    "Science is the philosophy of discovery. Intelligent design is a philosophy of ignorance"

  2. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,915

    Default

    Yeah, pretty close to the big Casablanca Mall which is approx. one km away. It has a XXI theatre (which was closed during Lebaran btw), an ACE Hardware, the obligatory Starbucks/Coffee Beans and a rather nice Outback restaurant. Not so many people yet, rather quiet.

    About the steep pricing of the drinks; I'm convinced Thizho will make sure they do something about that. The results are that many people, esp. locals (as the table next to us), will only order (ice) tea so then it's a lose-lose situation.


  3. #33
    Certified Troll
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jstar View Post
    ....About the steep pricing of the drinks; I'm convinced Thizho will make sure they do something about that. The results are that many people, esp. locals (as the table next to us), will only order (ice) tea so then it's a lose-lose situation.
    I hope so jstar because the place itself sounds nice. I don't go to JKT that often but when I do go I like to treat my wife to a meal and have a few beers etc. If I go to Arcadia which isn't the cheapest place in town, I can get a pint of Kilkenny's for or Guinness for around or not much more than the prices you quote for a glass of Bali Hai. Considering the difference and transport distances between the two, I can't see how the drink prices you mention above can be justified even accepting that there must obviously be a fair percentage mark up for the venue involved.

  4. #34

    Default

    Hi thanks for the information of kuningan mall and the nice picture but from the picture its seen that its under construction or its open for public and can you give the exact address of the mall because i am new in the city.
    Last edited by rajveesahani; 13-08-13 at 12:38.

  5. #35
    Member lantern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Africa
    Posts
    4,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rajveesahani View Post
    Hi thanks for the information of kuningan mall and the nice picture but from the picture its seen that its under construction or its open for public and can you give the exact address of the mall because i am new in the city.
    Try this:

    https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Kunni...,0.054932&z=15

    Address is: Jl. Prof Dr Satrio Kav 8, Setiabudi Kuningan South 12940, 12940, Indonesia

    The construction is finished.
    "The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place"
    George Bernard Shaw

  6. #36
    Member Tokek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    512

    Default

    Kuningan City Mall is on Jl Satrio, it's close to the Mega Kuningan area where JW Marriot and Ritz Carlton hotels are at. The mall itself has been open for almost a year but there are plenty of unopened shops and it's rather empty, except during workday lunch hour. I'm there almost every day for lunch since my office is right next to the mall.

    I've been meaning to check out Exodus but I'm not around late enough after work to see. Are they open for lunch?
    Last edited by Tokek; 12-08-13 at 17:05.

  7. #37
    Member tihzho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Jakarta Barat
    Posts
    2,401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jstar View Post
    Yeah, pretty close to the big Casablanca Mall which is approx. one km away. It has a XXI theatre (which was closed during Lebaran btw), an ACE Hardware, the obligatory Starbucks/Coffee Beans and a rather nice Outback restaurant. Not so many people yet, rather quiet.

    About the steep pricing of the drinks; I'm convinced Thizho will make sure they do something about that. The results are that many people, esp. locals (as the table next to us), will only order (ice) tea so then it's a lose-lose situation.
    The XXI Cinema was open during Lebaran as I saw Wolverine last Friday.

    I passed on your comments and I much appreciate it!

    Quote Originally Posted by pip View Post
    At that price for a glass of Bali Hai, ( even without taking the discount at 30%), I would expect immaculate silver service and a qualified Sommelier even to serve my beer, ...... as they say a fool and his money are soon parted.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip View Post
    I hope so jstar because the place itself sounds nice. I don't go to JKT that often but when I do go I like to treat my wife to a meal and have a few beers etc. If I go to Arcadia which isn't the cheapest place in town, I can get a pint of Kilkenny's for or Guinness for around or not much more than the prices you quote for a glass of Bali Hai. Considering the difference and transport distances between the two, I can't see how the drink prices you mention above can be justified even accepting that there must obviously be a fair percentage mark up for the venue involved.
    In Kota a semi-nude dancer streams the beer off of her ample bosom into your glass hehehe

    Point taken though

    Quote Originally Posted by Tokek View Post
    Kuningan City Mall is on Jl Satrio, it's close to the Mega Kuningan area where JW Marriot and Ritz Carlton hotels are at. The mall itself has been open for almost a year but there are plenty of unopened shops and it's rather empty, except during workday lunch hour. I'm there almost every day for lunch since my office is right next to the mall.

    I've been meaning to check out Exodus but I'm not around late enough after work to see. Are they open for lunch?
    Exodus is still in its soft opening period and Exodus Dining is open from 11am everyday, so feel free to drop by for lunch. (Water Lobby lift No.6 - P5)

  8. #38
    Certified Troll
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tihzho View Post




    In Kota a semi-nude dancer streams the beer off of her ample bosom into your glass hehehe

    Point taken though

    Firstly and foremost thank you for taking my critique in such a good humoured and light hearted way

    The thought of the Sea Bass as in jstars post had me salivating. I don't like most fish served here as it is far too oily and fishy tasting for my palate, a nice piece of Sea Bass with prawns would definitely go down a treat.

    Secondly, where it Kota do they ruin beer as such? ( if the beer here could really be ruined much further than it already is that is). I doubt it is at the local FPI WMC. LOL

    All I know of Kota are the cultural/tourist areas. The only cafe bar I have been in there was The Cafe Batavia with my wife on day when we where looking around and that place takes the proverbial biscuit for prices.
    Last edited by pip; 12-08-13 at 21:41. Reason: forgot to add WMC

  9. #39
    Member redsnapr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Manizales, Caldas, Colombia
    Posts
    1,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rajveesahani View Post
    Hi thanks for the information of kuningan mall and the nice picture but from the picture its seen that its under construction or its open for public and can you give the exact address of the mall because i am new in the city.
    The photo was taken in January 2013 from the JW Marriott. The mall was already open; the construction you see is the overpass, which I hear is STILL going on...
    "Science is the philosophy of discovery. Intelligent design is a philosophy of ignorance"

  10. #40
    Member lantern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Africa
    Posts
    4,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redsnapr View Post
    The photo was taken in January 2013 from the JW Marriott. The mall was already open; the construction you see is the overpass, which I hear is STILL going on...
    The overpass construction in that area is finished. The Sudirman end however is still ongoing so the overpass is still not in use and I would imagine way behind schedule.
    "The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place"
    George Bernard Shaw

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Kuningan City Apartment - Fully Furnished New
    By profit07 in forum Housing Listings
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 13-06-13, 08:44
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18-05-13, 22:40
  3. Need live out maid near Gandaria City Mall
    By jasesum in forum Household Staff
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 31-07-12, 22:20
  4. Looking for a part time maid near Gandaria City Mall
    By jasesum in forum Household Staff
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 31-07-11, 12:36
  5. Anyone travelling from BSD city to Mega Kuningan, Jakarta
    By Tooner83 in forum Living Outside of Jakarta
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 15-10-10, 17:40

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •