Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: which water filter to get Yamaha OH 300 E or Yuki Pristine Duo for my house?

  1. #1

    Default which water filter to get Yamaha OH 300 E or Yuki Pristine Duo for my house?

    Hi everyone,
    Newbie here....
    Can anybody advise me on which water filter to get Yamaha OH 300 E or Yuki Pristine Duo for my house?

    I have been researching online, but i can't find any reviews on both water filters.
    The sales rep for Yuki claims that the filter comes from USA, but i can not find any evidence to support such claims.

    Can anybody share any experience as to which one to get to for my house?

    Any thoughts as for the maintenance fee etc?

    Do you have any other recommendation aside from Yamaha and Yuki?

    Thank you

  2. #2

    Default

    i am using Yamaha OH-300. Yuki claims their filters come from USA, ie. the raw materials. It is assembled locally I think. Yamaha has good servicing schedule and the technician will come periodically (about 3-4 months depending on water quality in your area) and each service cost around 400rb.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jakartan View Post
    i am using Yamaha OH-300. Yuki claims their filters come from USA, ie. the raw materials. It is assembled locally I think. Yamaha has good servicing schedule and the technician will come periodically (about 3-4 months depending on water quality in your area) and each service cost around 400rb.
    Hi Thank you for your response.

    So, do you have any problems with the yamaha so far?

    It costs around 600-750k for the service maintenance here in surabaya.

  4. #4

    Default

    used it for more than 7 years...no major problem....only manual switching valves may need servicing.....

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonix View Post
    Hi everyone,
    Newbie here....
    Can anybody advise me on which water filter to get Yamaha OH 300 E or Yuki Pristine Duo for my house?

    I have been researching online, but i can't find any reviews on both water filters.
    The sales rep for Yuki claims that the filter comes from USA, but i can not find any evidence to support such claims.

    Can anybody share any experience as to which one to get to for my house?

    Any thoughts as for the maintenance fee etc?

    Do you have any other recommendation aside from Yamaha and Yuki?

    Thank you
    fyi, yamaha using sand filter and need sand replacement (no service) between 6-12 month depend raw water quality. Yuki (prestine duo) using membrane filter and its fully automatic, each service (membrance flushing) cost IDR 300.000 depend raw water quality.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,921

    Default

    What would you need the filter for, i.e. what do you want to achieve? I've been looking into filter solutions at the time but a hefty price tag of $1500 and the ongoing costly maintenance and/or filter replacements, made me realize the payback just to get 'drinkable' water would take many years. (We have no issues with water quality for washing machine and showers btw.) So we decided to stick to using the traditional big bottles. And a small pump to the fridge ice maker.


  7. #7

    Default

    These filters are not supposed to make raw water to be drinkable......just to clear contaminants and smell from ground water....it bothers me having unfiltered well water going into my mouth whenever brushing my teeth and in the showers, and for cooking as well....only the reverse osmosis system can make water drinkable, but very small capacity. in any case the water is free.....(except for pump, electricity and filter maintenance....)
    Cheers!

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,921

    Default

    Hmm, not so sure about drinking demineralized water. And even in a RO system you still need post filtration (carbon) to remove the remaining tastes and odors from the water. We didn't get info yet what it is the OP wants to use the filtering for though...


  9. #9

    Default

    Hi guys,

    I am using the water for washing and showering only. I heard the pakuwon indah area has murky and muddy water, so i think it would be wise to install the filter in order to save my clothes from getting yellowed.



    I am planning to install Sharp Reverse osmosis system in my kitchen and pantry. As for drinking, i will keep on buying Aqua.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jakartan View Post
    used it for more than 7 years...no major problem....only manual switching valves may need servicing.....
    Thank you for your response.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-04-13, 14:10
  2. shower filter
    By pupjoint in forum Where to find?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27-09-10, 09:57
  3. cooking oil filter
    By beebop in forum Where to find?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20-09-10, 15:37
  4. Do Not Use YAMAHA WATER PURIFIER
    By txexes in forum Health, Medical, and Healthy Living
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 19-05-09, 13:19
  5. Classic Vespa restored to pristine condition.
    By ScooterIndo in forum Cars & Other Vehicles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-02-09, 19:33

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •