Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to convert 317 visa to kitas?

Default How to convert 317 visa to kitas?

So i just got back from singapore with my shiny new 317 visa. I will go to immigration on tuesday (monday is red) to initiate the conversion to a kitas. I dont want to keep going back and forth like an iron because i forgot this paper and that paper, so i am asking advice to exactly the procedure i need to follow to ensure a smooth conversion.
    Thanks for any advice

Bump! Hey guys please help me out with some info here. I will go tomorrow to do this.

RIP
    Bogor, city of religious freedom and harmony

Firstly, I have always done KITAS applications with an agent who will ensure all paperwork is correct and a few palms have been greased so that I only have to spend 10-20 minutes at imigrasi. I'm guessing you don't speak Indonesian fluently so it is imperative someone goes with you who can. You will also need lots of photographs of yourself with a red background - can't remember the size but a photo shop would probably know. Oh, and don't forget the departure part of the immigration card that you would have filled in on your way from Singapore - for some reason they get very stroppy if you don't submit that.

Well ok thanks. I will just take the whole load of everything that i have since entering indo. Atleast that way i will have half of whats needed.

So i went to immigration this morning, filled in a few forms that came in a yellow file with the word "kitas" written on it. And immigration told me to come back tomorrow to collect my passport. Seems like its a mere 24 hours process, or am i missing something?

beebop, I too working on my KITAS and like gffgold, I have an agent helping me. All I know about KITAS that it takes 4 to 6 weeks and lots of photographs with various sizes. What I did when I had specific questions, I e-mail a visa agent company with my questions, they usually pretty responsive. Hopefully they can answer yours.

Ah ok so i will get my kitas on tuesday. So it takes exactly one week to convert a 317 visa to kitas. Also what i found strange was they never asked for any proof of funds (money in the bank). As far as i know, you suppost to have proof of 100 million rupiah in the bank.
    The lady also told us to bring lots of (back hand) money when we come to collect the kitas lol.. When hell freezes over maybe. I read in the newspapers of people being put in jail for that.

On tuesday, if they ask you more than IDR 700.000 for the KITAS + IDR 15.000 for the fingerprint, just refuse. They may ask you to come back 1 or 2 times to piss you off, but just stick to your position. They can not refuse to issue the KITAS anyway and they will be force to do it. Just take it easy.
    Torang samua basudara

Kami harus melakukan sesuai dengan persyaratan dan peraturan yang berlaku untuk Indonesia lebih baik.

Please, only moderator related questions (and fun stuff) by PM. Kindly post law related questions to the public forum so that answers can help the whole community.

Atlantis so long i never hear from you? I am a bit worried about something. When i arrived i was only thinking kitas. My brain didnt remember to get stm also, but now immigration have my passport and i never made any copies before i gave it to them . When i get my passport back on tuesday i will immediately go to apply for skld and stm. I heard that if you are late to apply you can get fined? I know the skld wont be late coz im direct from immigration to the police but my stm will be a week and a bit late. Does this mean i could face paying a hefty fine?

Quote Originally Posted by beebop View Post
    Atlantis so long i never hear from you?
    I was in France for business. It happens two or there times a year and when it happens, I have no time to focus on the forum...

Quote Originally Posted by beebop View Post
    I am a bit worried about something. When i arrived i was only thinking kitas. My brain didnt remember to get stm also, but now immigration have my passport and i never made any copies before i gave it to them . When i get my passport back on tuesday i will immediately go to apply for skld and stm. I heard that if you are late to apply you can get fined? I know the skld wont be late coz im direct from immigration to the police but my stm will be a week and a bit late. Does this mean i could face paying a hefty fine?
    Take it easy. Just don't mention that you started to be sheltered by a private party as soon as you entered Indonesia. After all you could well have stayed in a hotel this past few days and therefore didn't need to take care immediately of the STM yourself (if a foreigner stay in a hotel, it is the duty of the hotel to do so). Wait to have the KITAS (and not the passport) in hand to go to the police forboth the STM & SKLD.
    Torang samua basudara

Kami harus melakukan sesuai dengan persyaratan dan peraturan yang berlaku untuk Indonesia lebih baik.

Please, only moderator related questions (and fun stuff) by PM. Kindly post law related questions to the public forum so that answers can help the whole community.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast