Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long does it take to process a 317 visa?

Default How long does it take to process a 317 visa?

A 317 visa has been applied for about a week ago and next week we will go to singapore to collect it but we cant get any info about the visa if it has arrived yet or not. When i call the indo embassy in singapore they are very ignorant and unhelpful to us. They just say they dont know if the visa is there or not, we must just come and show the receipt to them and they will process it. But how long will it take to process? They cant tell me this simple question. They just keep repeating the same thing over and over again. Just come, just come.. But i dont know how many days to spend in singapore, and dont even know if my visa is ready or not or if i need any documentation other than my passport and receipt of my visa application.

Quote Originally Posted by beebop View Post
    A 317 visa has been applied for about a week ago and next week we will go to singapore to collect it but we cant get any info about the visa if it has arrived yet or not. When i call the indo embassy in singapore they are very ignorant and unhelpful to us. They just say they dont know if the visa is there or not, we must just come and show the receipt to them and they will process it. But how long will it take to process? They cant tell me this simple question. They just keep repeating the same thing over and over again. Just come, just come.. But i dont know how many days to spend in singapore, and dont even know if my visa is ready or not or if i need any documentation other than my passport and receipt of my visa application.

I suspect this is a not a question most people can answer as the majority of folks tend to process their Kitas from within Indonesia...perhaps it would be wise to just buy a one way ticket and play it by ear...not satisfactory for you I know but I don't think anyone will be able to advise you on a firm time frame. Hopefully I'm wrong and someone will post a positive reply for you.
    IknowthatyoubelieveyouunderstandwhatyouthinkIsaid, butI'mnotsureyourealisethatwhatyouheardisnotwhatI meant.

Certified Troll

Hi Beebop, in my own personal experience it will already be there. My wife applied to sponsor the Visa with DitJen here and I went to the Consulate in SG on the Monday of the following week.

I had SosBuds sponsored from within Indonesia and finally the 317. I was in the same position as you to get my KITAS I was told I must go out to get a 317. I was ignorant at that time of being able to convert a SosBud so I just followed what they said.

Take the computer print out you have with you, a copy of it will have already been "faxed" to the Consulate in SG. Fill in the form saying you have a letter of sponsoship etc. when you fill it in. (You don't need a letter, it is the computer print out that you have is already proof of it here in Indonesia).

Give them the forrm, your computer print out, passport and photos. They have all the faxes in front of them. They will find the one that is the same as yours and give you a slip to pay at the cashier and that's it. It will take you three days to get it processed.

You should not have any problem in SG as your Visa has already been approved from within Indonesia at DitJen. It should be quite painless.

I used to go via Batam on a Sunday, (cheaper than flying direct from JKT and also as I took my wife, and a lot cheaper on her Fiscal also). I applied for my Visa in SG on a Monday morning and picked it up on the Wednesday afternoon.

If you are flying from JKT, you can take an early morning flight, go to the Consulate straight away and pick it up on the afternoon of the third day and fly back the same evening. this involves just two nights stay in SG. Remember the Visa takes Three Working Days to process in SG, ie Saturday and Sunday are not included, so don't go on a Thursday or Friday or it will take 5 days.

Go straight back to immigration with your visa in your passport when you arrive back and start to get your KITAS processed. I think reading the threads you have 7 days but I went back with mine ASAP.
    When you rewnew your KITAS in one years time you won't have to go out again any more.

The reason SG probably can't or won't tell you if the have the fax is because there are possibly one hundred or so all laid out in date order and they are just not going to go looking through them all.
    Last edited by Davey; 07-07-09 at 05:08. Reason: forgot to include the photos

Thank you. I almost booked a ticket for 2 days. I guess i will make my tickets for one full week. I remember when my 211 sosbud visa was applied, the fax failed to arrive. We were able to find this out because we were lucky we had a family member working at the indonesian embassy in south africa. So i want to make sure this time that the fax is there because i will only have limited stay and limited funds and cant afford to have any more stress.

Certified Troll

Thank you. I almost booked a ticket for 2 days. I guess i will make my tickets for one full week. I remember when my 211 sosbud visa was applied, the fax failed to arrive. We were able to find this out because we were lucky we had a family member working at the indonesian embassy in south africa. So i want to make sure this time that the fax is there because i will only have limited stay and limited funds and cant afford to have any more stress.
    Are you flying from CGK to SIN direct Beebop or going via Batam etc? I used to go via Batam on single tickets to SG and return the same route when we had had enough time in SG i.e. I did not book the return back to Indonesia in advance. We returned when we wished to do so.

You can enter SG without a return ticket out.

Also as far as I am aware your 317 does not require you to have a return ticket out of Indonesia on your arrival here unlike the SosBud etc does. However if you are worried you can get a return ferry ticket back to SG for around 30 SGD valid for one year. That's what I used to do when on SosBuds.

The ferries to and from Batam to SG are easy and you can always get a flight back from Batam to CKG on arrival at the airport, failing that it is cheaper to stay in Batam than SG.
    Also if your wife has to pay Fiscal it will be 2.5 Jt now I think at CKG and only 500 Rb in Batam Ferry Terminal.

The savings on direct air travel and my wife's Fiscal by going via Batam paid for our accomodation in SG. Just a thought for you.
    Last edited by Davey; 07-07-09 at 08:49. Reason: spelling

Certified Troll

So i want to make sure this time that the fax is there because i will only have limited stay and limited funds and cant afford to have any more stress.
    If you are still worried about this you can ask DitJen if they have sent it rather tha SG if they have received it but I don't think you will have a problem with SG. My fax was always there. Maybe all your other problems are making you extra wary and reading them I fully understand why. However, you have the original of the fax so either way it should not be beyond the means of the SG Consulate to check it, one would hope.

Thanks alot ya. Batam is a bit far away and my wife has a fiscal (NPWP) So as far as im aware, she doesnt need to pay that fee of 2.5jt rite? Tiger airways have flights to singapore for around 350,000 each and i even saw tiger airways online ticket for around 25,000 which doesnt make any sense at all. If i book around 3 weeks in advance i can also use air asia for around 400,000 - 450,000 per person. So i dont think its all that different from leaving from batam. Im not worried about having any return tickets when i enter indo either but thanks for confirming it. I really appreciate the help.
    And you are rite about my lack of faith. Been having lots of bad luck when it comes to visas. I want to book all my tickets in advance to avoid lots of running around in singapore. Im sure one full week from monday to friday should be ok? Well atleast i have family there so accomodation is not a problem

Certified Troll

Thanks alot ya. Batam is a bit far away and my wife has a fiscal (NPWP) So as far as im aware, she doesnt need to pay that fee of 2.5jt rite? Tiger airways have flights to singapore for around 350,000 each and i even saw tiger airways online ticket for around 25,000 which doesnt make any sense at all. If i book around 3 weeks in advance i can also use air asia for around 400,000 - 450,000 per person. So i dont think its all that different from leaving from batam. Im not worried about having any return tickets when i enter indo either but thanks for confirming it. I really appreciate the help.
    And you are rite about my lack of faith. Been having lots of bad luck when it comes to visas. I want to book all my tickets in advance to avoid lots of running around in singapore. Im sure one full week from monday to friday should be ok? Well atleast i have family there so accomodation is not a problem
    No problem beeho, glad to help. If your wife has NPWP from what read on here she won't have to pay. Your flight prices sound fine, same as I pay used to pay going to Batam domestic.
    I'm sure Monday to Friday should be more than OK in my experience. Enjoy yourself in SG.

I know how you feel about the "lack of faith" my head used to spin here and still does sometimes. I found this forum too late.

Good Luck, have a good trip and let us know how you got on. Let's hope it is all "plain sailing" for you from now on

Thank you. I almost booked a ticket for 2 days. I guess i will make my tickets for one full week.
    This is wise. KBRI in Singapore requires 3 working days to process a visa, be it a sosbud or a vitas. Since they follow both the tanggal merah of Singapore and Indonesia, it may be wise to check if there is no hollidays when you plan to go.
    No shorts (even bermudas) allowed in the embassy. Long pants only.
    Torang samua basudara

Kami harus melakukan sesuai dengan persyaratan dan peraturan yang berlaku untuk Indonesia lebih baik.

Please, only moderator related questions (and fun stuff) by PM. Kindly post law related questions to the public forum so that answers can help the whole community.

If I remember correctly, the 317 visa is the build up to the KITAS right? If so, you can get it done in 1 day.

I had it done in 1 day - it did cost the company more for the same day service of course.

Atlantis is right about the 3 days for most of the visas. For some of them, there is the same day service which costs more.

KBRI Singapore has somewhat improved over the years, so assuming your paperwork is all in order, it takes the stated amount of time.

Just remember - to get into the KBRI in Singapore, you need to submit a form of identification to Security at the gate to get the visitor badge and access to the premises. Since you need to submit your passport for the visa application, a 2nd form of photo identification like you driver's license is require.

Oh - for the ferry ticket between Singapore and Batam: for a 2 way ticket, plus fuel surcharges, etc - the cost comes to about SGD $47 now.

If you are ever in Batam or passing through Batam, let me know and we could meet up.

PB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast