Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Immigration offices

Default Immigration offices

Hey! Can anyone tell me which immigration office i can/have to use when residing in Banyuwangi for purpose of sosbud extension and later on itas application etc. Bali ok if allowed . I have heard they will make a KANIM at Banyuwangi in the future!

I don't know , but you can ask your local Telkom (for the phone number) , or ask your Indonesian neighbors where "Kantor Imigrasi" is (which they use to get Indonesian passport) . It is also important to know that you must apply at the city which issued the KTP (ID card) of your sponsor .

Jember - you have no other option if your sponsor KTP is Banyuwangi. For my experiences of KITAS at Jember see:

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...ghlight=jember and
    http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...ghlight=jember and for fun and games
    http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...+dari+imigrasi
    That thing of Joy's is a beauty forever.
    ... with apologies to John Keats

Thanks john..do i go straight to jember or other kantor in banyuwangi ie. Wilayah first? For sosbud extension or kitas application!

Read the threads brodee - get all necessary documents together incl cert of residency from local RT/RW/lurah and go to Jember for the first steps. For SosBud to KITAS, when Jember is satisfied they will issue their surats for Kantor Wilayah which is SURABAYA! How easy it is to avoid personally doing the KanWil and Jakarta steps I'll leave to others to advise. We chose to do these steps in person but there are indicatons from others that this may not now be necessary.

We didn't extend SosBud so can't give you advice on this. Read the thread "Mohon ma'af dari Imigrasi" so you know not to fall for the "you have to extend SosBud four times first" line.

Good luck - and give my regards to Pak Pras at Jember!
    That thing of Joy's is a beauty forever.
    ... with apologies to John Keats

Ok,thanks for the info! Going to indo on saturday for 3 weeks then coming back to darwin to raise more funds, then i'll have a crack at it...hopefully they're easier to get along with than they were in the eighties....

Quote Originally Posted by brodee View Post
    hopefully they're easier to get along with than they were in the eighties....
    Democracy has changed a few things. Laws are available and (sometimes) taken seriously.
    Torang samua basudara

Kami harus melakukan sesuai dengan persyaratan dan peraturan yang berlaku untuk Indonesia lebih baik.

Please, only moderator related questions (and fun stuff) by PM. Kindly post law related questions to the public forum so that answers can help the whole community.

Haha yeh! Just have to find a way of letting them know without offending!

Quote Originally Posted by brodee View Post
    Haha yeh! Just have to find a way of letting them know without offending!
    If you speak enough of bahasa indonesia, I am sure that you will succeed. In 12 years, I became a master to navigate in between basa basi and very direct way of speaking "western style".
    Torang samua basudara

Kami harus melakukan sesuai dengan persyaratan dan peraturan yang berlaku untuk Indonesia lebih baik.

Please, only moderator related questions (and fun stuff) by PM. Kindly post law related questions to the public forum so that answers can help the whole community.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantis View Post
    If you speak enough of bahasa indonesia, I am sure that you will succeed. In 12 years, I became a master to navigate in between basa basi and very direct way of speaking "western style".
    Heh, my Indonesian seem fluent (though I still misunderstand meanings and people still misunderstand my meanings), but all I've become a master of is pissing people off with being direct and saving us all some time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast