Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Online visit visa application

  1. #1

    Default Online visit visa application

    Hi Folks,
    I wish to start a thread for those who are interested in the process involved in applying for the indonesian visit visa( for applicants whose country is not on the VOA list).

    1.Go to the immigration website and register at the website.A confirmation email will be sent to your email notifying you that your application has been received.Then a link will be sent to you.

    2. Alternatively,go to http://www.imigrasi.go.id/index.php/en/

    3. Click on public services and on the drop down, you will see online visa services.Choose the appropriate one that applies to the applicant.

    4.Fill in the application form, and use the sponsor details as is required.

    5.You are required to upload all the passport pages of applicant ( the one seeking the visa) and then other relevant documents of the sponsor.

    6.Submit application and you will have a notification mail telling you that the applican will be notified of the success or otherwise of the application.

    7.Within 2 days you will receive a letter asking you to go and pay at the director general of immigration within 7 days of the receipt of the letter. This is to help fax your visa to the country of choice in which the applicant wants to take the visa(sg, KL, Bkk).

    8.When going to pay you must go along with a sponsor lette(check other threads).

    I hope this helps.

  2. #2

    Default

    Thanks alot, is this the VITAS you are talking about? Do you know the number (317, 211 etc)?

  3. #3

    Default

    Yes. The application steps outlined here is actually to obtain a visa approval which will be faxed to an embassy of choice for the applicant to pick up his/her visa.
    For the numbers, I guess atlantis and other experienced folks will help with that.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    West Jawa , Indonesia
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malas View Post
    Thanks alot, is this the VITAS you are talking about? Do you know the number (317, 211 etc)?
    I believe its a "pre-approval" for a Social Cultural Visa , but the procedure is probably the same for a VITAS too . See link below for the numbers .

    http://www.indonesia-bern.org/indone...d=455&Itemid=1 (types of visa/index no.)

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marcus View Post
    I believe its a "pre-approval" for a Social Cultural Visa , but the procedure is probably the same for a VITAS too . See link below for the numbers .

    http://www.indonesia-bern.org/indone...d=455&Itemid=1 (types of visa/index no.)
    This link does not say which one is a VITAS for wife-sponsored KITAS. I'm guessing it is either:

    2. Single-Entry Visa (Index 211)
    or
    e. Family reunion with temporary stay permit for a maximum 1 year (Index 317);

    [EDIT: looking through other threads it seems 211 = SOSBUD and 317 = VITAS (family)]

    Also, the immigration website does not mention the word VITAS either. They have the following categories, so it would interesting to know which one is a VITAS:




    I'm guessing the VITAS is "Permit for Short Term Stay" ??
    Last edited by Malas; 13-04-13 at 18:49.

  6. #6

    Default

    can i just make a clarification to the steps above.

    To register you need to click on "layanan visa online". It is about two thirds of the way down the page.


    I would also add that I have filled in the form twice and submitted it, and each time it just comes up with an error message

    The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
    exception

    java.lang.RuntimeException: wrapped Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException com.icesoft.faces.webapp.http.servlet.MainServlet. service(MainServlet.java:156) javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:717) com.icesoft.faces.webapp.xmlhttp.BlockingServlet.s ervice(BlockingServlet.java:56) org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doF ilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)
    Last edited by Malas; 13-04-13 at 19:13.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    West Jawa , Indonesia
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malas View Post
    .... Also, the immigration website does not mention the word VITAS either. They have the following categories, so it would interesting to know which one is a VITAS:




    I'm guessing the VITAS is "Permit for Short Term Stay" ??
    I am not sure too . I would guess "Visa for Short Term Stay" , because it seems they differentiated mainly the Visas from the Permits . So I understood that the Visas are the ones issued by the Embassies , and the Permits , the ones issued by city's Kantor Imigrasi .

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    East Java
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malas View Post
    can i just make a clarification to the steps above.

    To register you need to click on "layanan visa online". It is about two thirds of the way down the page.


    I would also add that I have filled in the form twice and submitted it, and each time it just comes up with an error message

    The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
    exception

    java.lang.RuntimeException: wrapped Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException com.icesoft.faces.webapp.http.servlet.MainServlet. service(MainServlet.java:156) javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:717) com.icesoft.faces.webapp.xmlhttp.BlockingServlet.s ervice(BlockingServlet.java:56) org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doF ilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)

    I am having exactly the same problem as you. I have been trying all day but everytime I am getting the error message when trying to submit.
    Very frustrating as want to get this part done. The rest of the visa process after getting this seems pretty straight forward.

    I have had a look around the whole immigration website and it seems incomplete, for example the contact details for the various people at the Directorate General of Immigration.

    Does anyone have any other suggestions of a way to get the pre-approval myself while I am still in the UK? Without my wife having to go all the way to Jakarta...

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    West Jawa , Indonesia
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tokektokek View Post
    ... Does anyone have any other suggestions of a way to get the pre-approval myself while I am still in the UK? Without my wife having to go all the way to Jakarta...

    In this Forum I never saw anyone who succeeded in getting a "pre-approval" through an Indonesian Embassy . Someone needs to go to (or be in) Jakarta , not necessarily your wife .


    Do you really need the "pre-approval" (because citizens of very few countries must get a "pre-approval) ?


    ---------------------------


    http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...796#post256796 (visa request through the internet)
    Last edited by marcus; 19-03-14 at 12:19.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    East Java
    Posts
    37

    Smile

    I am a UK citizen and from information from the Indonesian Embassy in London, as part of the application I will need "A written approval from the Immigration Office in Indonesia." - as the stay is for more than 60 days
    I will be moving to Indonesia permanently in September to live with my wife and was looking to get the 1 year ITAS/KITAP and then converting it later to the 5 year ITAP/KITAP.

    I will have no problem getting the approval, as I got married in Indonesia, my wife is Indonesian, I have been there 10 times and my wife has visited the UK twice. Just seems a bit awkward having to go from East Java all the way to Jakarta and seeing that website mentioned on here seemed a really convenient way of getting the approval, as it is included in the application online.

    However the website appears to be broken/incomplete and after submitting my details am just getting the error message. What is also frustrating is I can find no information from anyone that has actually completed the application anywhere on the Internet including the forum.

    This approval is the only thing I need to apply for the visa in London, everything else is easy. I am thinking maybe just going the SOSBUD - Kitas route instead and sorting all the documentation out in September when I have more time in Java. (final visit to Java is in 3 weeks but only for 8 days so I don't think this will be long enough to get the approval- or will it?, then my wife is coming to UK to stay with me and then we are planning to move over there together in September, already have land acquired and money for house/small business ready).

    So do you recommend just getting the SOSBUD first? Or can I alternatively go to Kantor Imigrasi in Surabaya and get them to forward the approval to London?
    Appreciate any help, thank you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Visa Application & Approval Online
    By hanuman in forum Laws, Visas, Money Matters and Documents
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 27-06-12, 22:05
  2. online visa approval application
    By JAllenB in forum Laws, Visas, Money Matters and Documents
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 28-01-12, 19:24
  3. Visa Application Process
    By Noorml in forum Laws, Visas, Money Matters and Documents
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19-12-11, 17:31
  4. Visa application
    By drilling4kicks in forum Laws, Visas, Money Matters and Documents
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15-09-09, 10:55

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •