Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ITAP/KITAP due to marriage with an Indonesian

Default ITAP/KITAP due to marriage with an Indonesian

Another example of a successful ITAS/KITAS conversion into an ITAP/KITAP .

As already told by many , this process is very similar to the process of Visit Visa (Social Cultural & Family and Business) conversion into an ITAS/KITAS .

(1) I went to the city's immigration office (Kantor Imigrasi) to :
    (a) Get the folder/forms (konversi ITAS ke ITAP) at the Toko Kooperasi and Loket Formulir ,
    (b) Get the list of required documents at "Loket ITAS , ITAP ,..") .

(2) Went to "Kantor Imigrasi" to submit the request with :

- All forms filled (+ 3 copies)
    - Passport (+ 3 copies of its relevant pages) ,
    - KITAS (+ 3 copies)
    - Surat Keterangan Domisili from Kelurahan/Kecamatan (+ 2 copies) . This is related to the foreigner's residence address in Indonesia .
    - "Buku Biru" (Buku POA) (+ 3 copies of the relevant pages) ,
    - Indonesian spouse's request letter (+ 2 copies)
    - Indonesian spouse's Warranty Letter/Surat Permintaan dan Jaminan (+2 copies) . This is one of the form of the forms' package .
    - Indonesian spouse's KTP (+ 3 copies)
    - Indonesian spouse's Kartu Keluarga (+ 3 copies)
    - Marriage Certificate (+ 3 copies)
    - "No Impediment to Marry" , in my case , a document from my country used to marry my Indonesian spouse some years ago (3 copies of the original and the sworn translation) . This was in place of the list's "Izin Nikah" from Embassy .
    - Surat Keterangan from the Marriage Office stating we are still married (+2 copies)
    - Surat Pernyataan Integrasi (this document was asked by Jakarta's Directorate some weeks later , as Kantor Imigrasi forgot about it)

(3) Returned (together with the Indonesian spouse) to Kantor Imigrasi 2 days later for an interview (question about how is the couple's relationship , and other personal questions)

(4) Returned to Kantor Imigrasi one week later to get the envelopes : one to bring to the province's immigration office (Kantor Wilayah) , another addressed to Jakarta's Immigration Directorate .

(5) Went to Kantor Wilayah to deliver the envelope from the Kantor Imigrasi . Was asked to return the next day .

(4) Returned to Kantor Wilayah to get their envelope to be sent to Jakarta's Directorate .

(5) Put the 2 envelopes (from Kantor Imigrasi and from Kantor Wilayah) in one and sent it to Jakarta's Direktorat Jenderal Imigrasi , by courier (JNE , Rp8'000) , after making copies of all inside .

I also included my own letter requesting them to e-mail me after receiving the envelope + to send their approval letter directly to my Kantor Imigrasi , by mail .

(6) Direktorat Jenderal Imigrasi e-mailed me 2 days later to say the envelope arrived and I should send them the "Surat Pernyataan Integrasi" , which both Kantor Imigrasi and Kantor Wilayah didn't ask for .

(7) Sent the Surat Pernyataan Integrasi to Jakarta by e-mail , 2 days later

(8) Emailed Direktorat Jenderal twice to know about the process status some 2 weeks later , but the officer didn't answer .

(9) Called Jakarta 1 week later (021-522.46.58 , extensions 2519 and 2521 , after many tries , succeeded at 4PM , ext. 2519) . One officer said the process was already approved and waiting for me 2 weeks ago . I asked the officer to send it to my city's immigration , by mail .

(10) Sent another letter to Jakarta's Direktur Izin Tinggal dan Status Keimigrasian , repeating the request (for them to send the approved process to me or to my Kantor Imigrasi) .

(11) Kantor Imigrasi called me to say that the Jakarta's approval letter has arrived , 11 days after I called Jakarta and asked them to send it by mail .

(12) Went to Kantor Imigrasi , paid Rp3'055'000 , had the photo/fingerprints taken . The officer asked me to bring a 2x2 photo as soon as possible and gave me an envelope to deliver to Kantor Wilayah and another one addressed to me .

(13) Returned to Kantor Imigrasi to deliver the photo .
    Gave them the Surat Pernyataan Integrasi too , telling them that Jakarta's Office would not approve without it .

(14) Went to Kantor Wilayah to deliver the envelope with the Jakarta's approval letter .

(15) Went to Kantor Imigrasi to get the passport , KITAP and "blue book" , one week later .

--------------------------------------------------------

Summary :

(a) Process time in each immigration office (in working days) :

- Kantor Imigrasi (initial phase) : 9

- Kantor Wilayah : 1

- Jakarta's Direktorat Jenderal Imigrasi : 7
    - Big delay because Directorate was waiting me to personally take the approval letter there , + post transit time

- Kantor Imigrasi (final phase) : 4

(b) Total time until the KITAP issuance : almost 2 months
    Note : As the Jakarta's approval letter didn't arrive at Kantor Imigrasi before the KITAS expiration date , Kantor Imigrasi issued a 30 days "Postponing" of the KITAS expiration (named "Penangguhan"). The curious thing is that before this "Penangguhan" was issued , the ITAP was already approved by Jakarta , so officially I had both an ITAP and an ITAS simultaneously .
    Last edited by marcus; 28-06-14 at 11:31.

Congrats Marcus.
    Torang samua basudara

Kami harus melakukan sesuai dengan persyaratan dan peraturan yang berlaku untuk Indonesia lebih baik.

Please, only moderator related questions (and fun stuff) by PM. Kindly post law related questions to the public forum so that answers can help the whole community.

Well done- and thanks for posting the individual steps

Congrats! Sounds like a lot of paperwork, but great to have the steps detailed.

Damn. Kevlar vest and bulletproof protection against anyone who tries to shoot you down.

Certified Troll

Congratulations Marcus, I've looked at some of your replies on this forum and you help many people with legal matters. It is nice to see that you also have your KITAP. Not only that but you have given all your steps for everyone. I hope everyone on this forum can be grateful for your inputs and give you the rewards and recognition I think you deserve. Well done!

Marcus, I also congratulate you on getting your Kitap.

You mentioned these two requirement documents which I had not picked up on the main Thread about Conversion to ITAP. What exactly are they and how are they obtained?

I married in the KUA, so does that mean I should obtain from them that I am still married after two years?

I have no idea what the second SURAT is, could you please elaborate a little further?

Surat Keterangan from the Marriage Office stating the couple is still married (+2 copies)
    - Surat Pernyataan Integrasi (this document was asked by Jakarta's office)

Quote Originally Posted by mrcibubur View Post
    .. You mentioned these two requirement documents which I had not picked up on the main Thread about Conversion to ITAP. What exactly are they and how are they obtained?

I married in the KUA, so does that mean I should obtain from them that I am still married after two years?

I have no idea what the second SURAT is, could you please elaborate a little further?

Surat Keterangan from the Marriage Office stating the couple is still married (+2 copies)
    - Surat Pernyataan Integrasi (this document was asked by Jakarta's office)
    It is important to say that my case is just an example , it does not mean that every Kantor Imigrasi will request the same documents . In this Forum there are examples of :

(a) Immigration officer going personally to the Marriage Office to check by themselves ,

(b) Immigration officer going personally to the foreigner's home to check the place of residency ,

(c) Immigration officer asking for the registration of the marriage certificate at the foreigner's Embassy .

(d) Immigration officer asking for the KUA marriage certificate to be registered at the city's Kantor Catatan Sipil .

So the above can be substitute actions/requirements instead of the ones [(1) and (2) below] my Kantor Imigrasi asked me for .

--------------------------------------------------------------

In relation to the Atlantis' post , my case included 3 different letters :

(1) The "Surat Keterangan" from my Marriage Office (KUA) stating I am still married with my Indonesian wife .
    I asked my wife to ask the KUA , were we married , for that , showing them a sample given by Kantor Imigrasi and our marriage certificate . She had no problem in getting it (free) .

(2) The "Surat Keterangan Domisili" , stating my residency address .
    I had to get first a statement from RT/RW , went to Kantor Kelurahan and asked them for the Surat , similar to the sample given by my Kantor Imigrasi . They required the RT/RW statement , my wife's KTP and KK , marriage certificate and passport . Later I had to get the Kantor Kecamatan's stamp/signature in the Surat issued by Kelurahan . A new set of the same documents were required at Kecamatan . No fee for all that .

(3) Surat Pernyataan Integrasi .
    My Kantor Imigrasi and Kantor Wilayah forgot to request it , but not Jakarta's Direktorat Jenderal Imigrasi . Jakarta's officer sent me a sample by e-mail and I also sent him the signed Surat by e-mail . Very simple , fortunatelly .
    Your Kantor Imigrasi may give you a sample , but if not , I can provide you one (by the way , a little different from the one already posted in this Forum) .
    Last edited by marcus; 01-04-13 at 11:22.

Thanks for your response Marcus. Actually I spotted a format for the Surat Pernyataan Integrasi on Atlantis main Thread and I have adapted the format - but to whom should this be addressed - KanIm, KanWil or DirJen (or all three?) - and do you know what it is actually for?

I gave domicile letters to my KanIm last year when I changed my address. I cannot imagine that they would want me 12 months on to get a further letter from Lurah and RT to verify I am still living there - would they? I think the old one would still suffice but of course you never know.

I took the precaution last year of getting my KUA marriage registered with a Surat at the Catatan Sipil in Cibinong. Again, I cannot imagine either KanIm KanWil or DirJen would call for a further letter verifying my marriage from KUA; what possible purpose would that serve? KUA only handle marriages, not divorce or separation.

KanIm Bogor have not been unco-operative on previous trips there and as others have commented, KanWil Bandung and DirJen are extremely civil in how they currently handle foreigners immigration cases.

I am also still nervous about my wife's own stated address on the E-KTP and Family Card which differs from my own because the E KTP cannot be changed after issue, so we are told. I am still concerned, if considering ITAP as a family visa with wife sponsoring husband, why would the wife be seen as living separately from the husband when in fact we are really living together?

The British Embassy remain my other 'bugbear' about paying them a fee to verify my Indonesian marriage on their records and possibly (in the same motion of letter) verify that they have no objection (why would they object anyway?) about my upgrade/conversion from one year ITAS to five year ITAP?

Quote Originally Posted by mrcibubur View Post
    (I) .. Actually I spotted a format for the Surat Pernyataan Integrasi ... to whom should this be addressed - KanIm, KanWil or DirJen (or all three?) - and do you know what it is actually for?

(II) I gave domicile letters to my KanIm last year .. I cannot imagine that they would want me 12 months on to get a further letter from Lurah and RT to verify I am still living there - would they? ..

(III) ... , I cannot imagine either KanIm KanWil or DirJen would call for a further letter verifying my marriage from KUA; what possible purpose would that serve? KUA only handle marriages, not divorce or separation.

(IV)I am also still nervous about my wife's own stated address on the E-KTP and Family Card which differs from my own ...

(V) The British Embassy remain my other 'bugbear' about paying them a fee to verify my Indonesian marriage on their records and possibly (in the same motion of letter) verify that they have no objection (why would they object anyway?) about my upgrade/conversion from one year ITAS to five year ITAP?
    (I) My Surat Pernyataan is not addressed to anybody/any office .
    I think it is requested to comply with a specific paragraph of UU6 - 2011 .

(II) I think they will probably either request this letter or check your address personally .

(III) Similarly , I think they will probably either request the letter or check the marriage office personally .

(IV) In your situation , I would quicly request another KTP with the new address and/or ask your Kantor Imigrasi for alternatives .

(V) Fortunately my Kantor Imigrasi didn't ask for anything from my Embassy .
    I didn't register my marriage there yet , because of a non-relevant bureaucratic problem .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast