Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Living in Sentul City, Bogor

Question Living in Sentul City, Bogor

I am looking for a house in Bogor or with easy access to Bogor. Now I have seen some houses in Sentul City which are not very expensive to rent. I liked the environment of Sentul City very much with its old trees.
    As I don't have a car yet, I can't drive around Sentul and have a closer look at the facilities. So, I hope to get some help here.
    Is here someone living in Sentul, who can tell me about their experiences in Sentul. Is it really as relaxed and calm as it looks on first sight?
    Are there some nice restaurants near by?
    I have read some postings in other forums about unbelievable prices for security and water supply. Can anyone confirm?

I'd be very grateful for any information about Sentul City!
    Thanks
    orangutan

Mauricio

I used to go there quite often to mountain bike and hike. It's a nice, convenient, quiet place, but you'll definitely need a car. I'd rather live there than live in Bogor...

Here's some scenery from Bojongkoneng, the desa that abutts Sentul City:

Thank you, Mauricio! These pictures look really nice and support my arguments of moving there. I didn't know that there were so nice walks nearby!
    Does anyone have experience with everyday life in Sentul. Is it always a hassle to go shopping, eating or drive to bogor (macet?)?

Mauricio

Quote Originally Posted by Orangutan View Post
    Thank you, Mauricio! These pictures look really nice and support my arguments of moving there. I didn't know that there were so nice walks nearby!
    Does anyone have experience with everyday life in Sentul. Is it always a hassle to go shopping, eating or drive to bogor (macet?)?

There is a big Hypermart in Sentul City as well as a couple of eateries. The restaurant in Taman Budaya do fine Sundanese and Chinese fare. Bogor is one exit away on the toll-road. In terms of traffic, you´ll be fine on the toll-road till, of course, you get to Bogor in which case it can be Jakarta redux. In essence, you only need to go to Bogor for crowds and traffic.

Thanks, Mauricio. Seems as if there are no negative sides of living in Sentul!

There arent many .... only the trek into Jakarta when you need to go. But if working in South Jakarta no real problem

Quote Originally Posted by Orangutan View Post
    Thanks, Mauricio. Seems as if there are no negative sides of living in Sentul!
    It may be not exactly true... or at least I would say that some controversies can be brought.
    A few months ago we had a thread in the forum about Sentul City that you may want to read to have another view:
    http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...ghlight=sentul

An interesting link was proposed in post #3 by BA ("Hi" to you big guy by the way ).
    It is something you may want to check thoroughfully before putting any money in it. I have no informations to confirm/deny what is said in the link, but if one was about to invest there, one should double check it.
    Last edited by atlantis; 05-05-09 at 16:16. Reason: typo
    Torang samua basudara

Kami harus melakukan sesuai dengan persyaratan dan peraturan yang berlaku untuk Indonesia lebih baik.

Please, only moderator related questions (and fun stuff) by PM. Kindly post law related questions to the public forum so that answers can help the whole community.

Yes, I have read that post already. In consequence I have asked at each house, that I have seen, how much they charge for maintenance and security. It is 700Rp/m˛ which is of course not very cheap and if you have a huge house and garden it can get very expencive. Luckily, the house I will rent is not so large. Anyway, I think the price is a little too high, and the security is totally out of relation, with their Unimogs and Jeeps.
    The water price is ok for me. In my opinion, you can charge a lot for clean water, and you should, so that it is not wasted and we use it carefully.

sentul city

in the past, sentul city is called bukit sentul
    there are many problems associated with bukit sentul, enough for potential buyers to blacklist this area because of bad management
    finally the management claim themself a bancruptcy

new management taking over and replace its name become sentul city
    it is the largest independent city housing, planned to be like BSD or Lippo Karawaci where every facilities will be there without having go to bogor or jakarta, except for few things only.
    behind sentul city, the area callled bukit hambalang (valley) is where prabowo subianto live. he's nominated for presidency this year, he's ex military general for elite squad, very wealthy one, he own 5 acre land there, having few horses worth Rp 5 billion each.
    very prospective area since there would be BORR highway (Bogor Outer Ring Road) that can cure traffic jam inside Bogor itself. without BORR you need more than one hour to go to jakarta and vice versa, with BORR it will take less than one hour.
    easy to predict that some part of Bogor crowded will moved to sentul city as well.
    the view here in sentul city was excellent, there's lake view, mountain view, golf view, you name it.

average pricing land there is around 1 to 2 million per meter square, but if you buy from previous owner directly, you can push down to Rp 600,000 - 700,000 per meter square. of course it takes lots of work and survey to get such cheap price.

it's worth to invested in short. me by myself planning to buy land there just for investment. i intend to use it for my old age retirement house because of the view itself is very calm and relaxing.

Mauricio

Don't forget to mention also about Prabowo that he was implicated--and probably is the intellectual author--of the Trisakti and Semanggi shootings, and that he is a veteran of the East Timor campaigns where ABRI committed countless atrocities.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast