Jakarta is a very big city that no one want have to whole cross for going to work everyday. You will hear story of people that take 2 hour everyday for go working.
I think in a first step you must mention where (area/road) your husband will work.
That would help a lot to give you better advise on the choice of school and living area.
Sorry Vin.Vierge, on a matter of going work everyday to jakarta... I don't think Bandung can't be considered for an area of living! It would take 4 hour everyday for go work!!!
La motivation vient en se motivant ~ Motivation come by self-motivation
maybe would be easier if you could tell us where the working area would be
here's what i can list
1. BSD serpong /bintaro. nice area, quite complete .. but in the morning and evening the traffic could be awful.- close to south
2. modernland tangerang. nice compound too, - close to west
3. kelapa gading area - it's in north/east
4. lippo cikarang - at this moment thr traffic to enter the toll gate at cikarang is crazy, but will be better in 2013. if working area is close to north east
5. pantai indah kapuk, close to north area ( close to airport)
because if you live in BSD , but the working area is accross the city , the trip to go to the office is going to be unbearable.
dont judge a book by its movie.
Yes, there is montessori school in Giri Loka 3 and also Kencana Loka. There is also one in Melati mas, very close to BSD. There are several international schools in BSD such as DIS, Binus, Saint John and Nanyang International school.
Bandung. Nothern bandung to be precise..lots of trees, cool weather, fresh air. 2 hours drive from jakarta. U'd betterwork in jakarta monday thru friday then spend the weekend in bandung the traffic jam is also terrible though because all jakartans go to bandung on weekends