A few ideas to reduce the cost:
- You pay 8,5 juta (or any amount negociated) to get a Retirement Visa (index 319) for YOU with this agent or another one.
- As soon as you get your KITAS you apply directly or via an agent for a KITAS for your wife as a dependent souse (index 317). Being yourself her sponsor, it will drop the cost drastically:
A spouse of a KITAS holder has a guaranteed right to get a KITAS providing that she is legally married with him. No conditions apart this one. It means that it is way "cheaper" to arrange for a KITAS for her, not having to pay for a "sponsor fee".
- if you decide to deal alone with the Imigrasi, I'll help you to get it for the official cost of it (ie: IDR 700.000), which would allow you to save about 7 millions, even if we include a MERP (exit/re entry permit)!
- if you decide to deal with an agent for your wife also, a dependant visa (VITAS ikut suami) shouldn't cost you more than 3 or 4 millions, meaning that you save already a few millions from the 8,5 juta quoted for her.
- The Izin Masuk Kembali (MERP) for 6 months is "easy" to deal with and only cost IDR 600.000 per person if you arrange it yourself. It requires a couple of trips to the adminitrations involved with it but is no big deal. However including a 6 month validity is a wrong advice, just to force you to have to deal with another 6 months MERP with them at the cost of 1.200.000 (which is twice its price by the way). Your KITAS being valid for 1 year, you should ask them to include a 1 year MERP in the deal which has an official fee of IDR 1.000.000 per person (just IDR 400.000 more than the 6 months MERP, at the official fee), or to exclude it from the deal (meaning taking off 1,2 jt from the quoted price, since it is their quotation for it), then deal yourself with it at the Imigrasi.
I should be in JKT in a week from now or so (should be confirmed this week end). If you are interested, we can meet at my hotel and I'll explain you better what are the possibilities you have to reduce the cost of it, or arguments you may bring to the agent to "bargain" with him.
Let me know if you are interested. From where I stand, there is many ways to makeit cheaper, depending on how much you are willing to be involved.