Thread: Is there a gym in the Kemang area?

Default Is there a gym in the Kemang area?

I'm new in town, and staying in the Kemang area. Does anyone know of a local gym? All I need is some weight equipment.

I'm aware of the lifespa facilities, but they don't allow month-to-month payment, and want a year contract.

you can try celebrity fitness at kemang area next to mc donald

That looks pretty good, and they're quite close to me. A google search shows that they also require a year's membership, or they'll dock a $50 fee - but maybe I can bargain with a sales rep. A membership costs about $50/month.

I wonder if there are also other, smaller operations in the area.

Oh - it turns out that Celebrity Fitness and Lifespa is the same center, in Kemang. The fitness center near Mcdonalts. Ya, they don't allow month by month payment.

There is a gym "Body Soul" right next door to the Australian International School on Kemang Timour that I am a member of. But I think you would have to pay a year in advance.
    I used to go to a super cheap one on Kemang Utara, up from the futsal place it was called 'Cheapy Gym'. Super cheap, about 50000 a month and only weights, but not flash at all, not sure if it still there now.
    Also another one I used to go to on the other side of the road to KFC in Kemang at the top of the building, that was nicer, all weights and you could go per month, mostly locals only. But again not sure if it is still open.
    There is also a good Dojo, not sure if spelt right at the Tetra Pak building about 5 mins from McDonalds in Kemang. That is run by an ex Aussie army hand to hand combat officer. I'm going there tonight, I think it is circiut training and boxing tonight, that is 50000 per session or 700 000 a month but there are only small weights there. Great fitness and training.
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by David Kessell View Post
    There is also a good Dojo, not sure if spelt right at the Tetra Pak building about 5 mins from McDonalds in Kemang. That is run by an ex Aussie army hand to hand combat officer. I'm going there tonight, I think it is circiut training and boxing tonight, that is 50000 per session or 700 000 a month but there are only small weights there. Great fitness and training.
    Good luck
    Sounds intriguing, any more detailed location or contact number, Dave?

Yep, here is the proper address...

http://www.concord-consulting.com
    Information Service:
    http://www.concordreview.com

E-mail:
    [email protected]

Telephone:
    +62 (0) 21 798 4292 / 4293
    Facsimile
    +62 (0) 21 798 4304
    Mobile Phone:
    +62 (0) 811 811 498

Address:
    Tetra Pak Building
    Ground Floor
    Jl. Buncit Raya Kav.100
    Jakarta 12510
    Indonesia
    You go straight in the entrance at the Tetra Pak building and drive till the end of the drive and turn right. There are some blue metal steps leading up to it. The session tonight is from 6 till 8. They also have early morning sessions every morning and every evening sessions, sometimes boxing, stick fighting, wrestling. The guy that runs it, Glen has a security company there as well, that is the 'concord consulting' part.

Thanks for the info, Dave.

The 5mins from McD confused my orientation a little on the where-abouts of the Tetra-Pak building.

Buncit Raya. OK, noted.

Oh sorry, I ride a motorcycle and I will be riding my bicycle there tonight. Not much macet when you can weave through the traffic, cuts back heaps on time.

Quote Originally Posted by David Kessell View Post
    There is a gym "Body Soul" right next door to the Australian International School on Kemang Timour that I am a member of. But I think you would have to pay a year in advance.
    I used to go to a super cheap one on Kemang Utara, up from the futsal place it was called 'Cheapy Gym'. Super cheap, about 50000 a month and only weights, but not flash at all, not sure if it still there now.
    Also another one I used to go to on the other side of the road to KFC in Kemang at the top of the building, that was nicer, all weights and you could go per month, mostly locals only. But again not sure if it is still open.
    Good luck
    Thanks Dave - just the info I was looking for. I'll have to try to find Cheapy Gym and the one near to KFC. How long ago since you knew those gyms were open? I'm not sure how to find the one near KFC - I guess I'll start with a Google Earth search, but if you have more info on the whereabout that would be great. And the Cheapy Gym - it's in the area of Futsal Place?